Is your driving licence tax due?
2 2

27 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, still running man said:

OY, I reach 70 in May !! ( ;) )  I had to have a 'new' licence 3 months ago when we moved home. It was free then and I have no objection to paying a fee when I do finally get there. I certainly agree with some of your post. In my opinion the easiest, and possibly the cheapest/quickest way to assess older drivers would be to use a simulator. My main concern with getting older is without doubt the slowing down of reactions but this can be tested on a simulator (I have done this once not long ago and passed with flying colours :) ). As for being competent, well, I would suggest that, on the whole, drivers get better with age as they learn more as the miles are clocked up. (as you have stated, we cause no more accidents than other age groups) As for driving at 20mph, don't even get me started on those !! These are a menace to 'reasonable' road users and as I often remark (in a rather loud voice!) these types are the ones who cause accidents without realising it. In closing I would say that I am, and always have had a certain confidence in my own driving ability having a clean licence since the age of 19. It's my belief that 70 is no longer the 'old age' it used to be and I would sincerely hope that I will know when the time to hand in my licence and will do so voluntarily. 

I've placed a bet on you winning the Hungarian Grand Prix this summer.

Don't let me down...

40 minutes ago, Kacc said:

I've placed a bet on you winning the Hungarian Grand Prix this summer.

Don't let me down...

sadly my application was not registered in time. I asked BFC if they could post it for me.

1 person likes this