Beer Festival
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I've had a look at all the possible sites and the only suitable one would be Seedfield Sports Centre but it's too far out of the way. The club haven't got back to me and I've now lost about12 weeks time so it looks like I'll have to cancel it.

Many thanks to everyone for being involved over the years - the breweries, the sponsors, the volunteers and all the drinkers.

I've had a look at all the possible sites and the only suitable one would be Seedfield Sports Centre but it's too far out of the way. The club haven't got back to me and I've now lost about12 weeks time so it looks like I'll have to cancel it.

Many thanks to everyone for being involved over the years - the breweries, the sponsors, the volunteers and all the drinkers.

poor treatment of those who have run this event for many years and raised good money for the club

poor treatment of those who have run this event for many years and raised good money for the club

Agreed

This is not in any way good news. A really popular & successful event. I know a number of people in Prestwich, my neck of the woods who support this every year, & people will be asking why it isn't happening this year. Shame this has been overshadowed by the stadium naming rights and I sincerely hope it isn't an attempt to marginalise those who have worked tirelessly for the club in the past. It may not be the case but certainly looks that way to me as a supporter.

Really sorry to hear about this Dave.

You know you can rely on my continued support should the situation change buddy.

Chris @ bapp

I sincerely hope it isn't an attempt to marginalise those who have worked tirelessly for the club in the past. It may not be the case but certainly looks that way to me as a supporter.

I would guess it's more to do with the closure of the Social Club

I would guess it's more to do with the closure of the Social Club

Thanks, that makes sense now. Hopefully the Beer Fest will continue when the Social Club's future has been sorted out.

It might well make sense but Cabinboy have you been informed of the reason just out of interest? Also, has there been any official announcement re the 'closure' of the Social Club or are we just going on hearsay?

We had a meeting with them a few weeks ago and everything was explained but we can't be open about things at the moment as they want to hold their AGM and put everything before the shareholders and then go public with all their plans. It's all a bit in the air as they can't notify the shareholders until they know for sure that the accounts will be ready, it's taking a lot of time as the period that the accounts cover was before they came in.

I usually start organising the Beer Festival in August as it takes about 9/10 months to get everything done so I've run out of time.

Thanks for the update Dave. It sounds like it's for the right reasons but a real shame nevertheless. Depending on what happens with the Social Club, would it be possible to start organising one early in the New Year and then have a Beer Festival just before Christmas next year? Just a thought.

I assumed slidRE had cancelled it on account of people having fun. Shame was a good event.

1 1