Tactics

68 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Got it wrong today. 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 whatever 2-0 down then we change it and could say we win the match 2-1. Poor team selection cost us 

Edited by Postieshaker

1 minute ago, Postieshaker said:

Got it wrong today. 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 whatever 2-0 down then we change it and could say we win the match 2-1. Poor team selection cost us 

I also think there was a bit of (possibly misguided?) loyalty to the young players, today.

4 people like this

3 minutes ago, StockportShakerPete said:

I also think there was a bit of (possibly misguided?) loyalty to the young players, today.

Spot on Pete, men against boys in midfield 1st  half 

Dawson had another cracking game against us once again and him and Bishop made it impossible for Styles when he was out of possession.  On the ball he was again a good link player but their midfielders needed a stronger more experienced opponent so today wasn't the game for a 16 year old. I wouldn't have blamed Brass for keeping him in against a lesser side but today Scunthorpe were definitely not a lesser quality side.

Bedeau too found it difficult in the first half (he had no help from that dreadful linesman) but was much better in the second with a little more protection from Etuhu.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, StockportShakerPete said:

Tend to agree unfortunately although the positivity (and loyalty) was admirable.

Edited by shakerste

Although I agree with what all are saying I am glad Styles played today. He now knows more about what is required in the man's game. Now let's be starting with a hardman midfield for the next few games and not let teams bully us.

Posted (edited)

Probably poor selection today but would be churlish of us to criticize Brass too heavily for giving youth a chance again .

Edited by postcorvus

So from today and what we've witnessed what would be the ideal line up ..

Dawson and Bishop taught Styles a lesson today. Dawson is absolutely infuriating for opposition fans, but he absolutely ran the show. If I could pick ANY player from the bottom two divisions for us at this moment in time, it would be him. 

Brass got things wrong today, but I'm so pleased with the way we played in the second half.

2 people like this

So from today and what we've witnessed what would be the ideal line up, I would keep styles in Mid until tuttys back.

6 minutes ago, MrBistow said:

So from today and what we've witnessed what would be the ideal line up ..

Beer,

Stout, Whiskey, Vodka, Gin

Wine, Brandy, Tequila, Rum

Scotch, (off) Cider

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, shakerste said:

Beer,

Scotch, (off) Cider

Ha ha, that's cheered me up..

3 minutes ago, shakerste said:

Beer,

Scotch, (off) Cider

What have you got against mead ????? The only stuff I really really like :) 

7 minutes ago, still running man said:

... because if you like it it is obviously the 'sauce' of all our ill discipline !

1 hour ago, scales of justice said:

Spot on Pete, men against boys in midfield 1st  half 

agree with that exactly what we were saying! Moore looked decent and I though Etuhu did well when he came on ( apart from the goal).

The fault for today's defeat well and truly down to Brass.Flitcroft could not have selected a more ridiculous starting 11.With the likes of Burgess and Styles in midfield against Bishop and Dawson its no wonder we were blitzed in the first half.

1 person likes this

No doubles on the drinks-wouldn't work with the current regime.

Today's game provided examples of our strengths and weaknesses.

We picked ourselves up and kept going after their third goal.  Our performance in the second half was good.   However, we paid the price for not signing a midfielder who can break up play and act as a catalyst for attacks.  Once again, Dawson showed us how it should be done.

Bedeau struggled against his marker and Styles and Burgess lacked the experience and strength to make a contribution.  Moore looked lost for the first 20 minutes but he settled down and his performance suggested that he might be an asset.  Brown struggled to impose himself on the game.  I.Miller did quite well but he looks to be overweight.

Not a bad performance, but we will be relegated if we don't find a midfield playmaker/ play breaker.

Just now, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

Today's game provided examples of our strengths and weaknesses.

We picked ourselves up and kept going after their third goal.  Our performance in the second half was good.   However, we paid the price for not signing a midfielder who can break up play and act as a catalyst for attacks.  Once again, Dawson showed us how it should be done.

Bedeau struggled against his marker and Styles and Burgess lacked the experience and strength to make a contribution.  Moore looked lost for the first 20 minutes but he settled down and his performance suggested that he might be an asset.  Brown struggled to impose himself on the game.  I.Miller did quite well but he looks to be overweight.

Not a bad performance, but we will be relegated if we don't find a midfield playmaker/ play breaker.

I Miller did well?You are having a laugh.Looked like he had concrete in his boots.Didn't win one header .Hope we don't see him for a while.

1 person likes this

Reece Brown was the choice of MOTM on commentary.

Just now, shakerste said:

Brown did ok IMO, but it just shows the depths we've sunk to if we're relying on "cast offs" like  Brown and Lainton to strengthen the team....

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, shakerste said:

I cannot see how anyone could conclude that from the game!

11 minutes ago, Alan B said:

The fault for today's defeat well and truly down to Brass.Flitcroft could not have selected a more ridiculous starting 11.With the likes of Burgess and Styles in midfield against Bishop and Dawson its no wonder we were blitzed in the first half.

Flitcroft would have started with Danns. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, still running man said:

Dont forget Bitter Shandy from the Social Club. ;o) Especially coz you always need a double-barrelled surname in any team...makes it seem like you're playing with 12 then!

Edited by R11 BFC

28 minutes ago, shakerste said:

That choice sums up this club

1 person likes this