Tactics

68 posts in this topic

Also just want to say that Dawson was brilliant today

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

agreed but it was alarming to see how he seemed to possess the pace of Bolt the way he went past the likes of Styles and Burgess.

22 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

Whatever happened to Eastham coming???

5 minutes ago, lucasoneil said:

Whatever happened to Eastham coming???

Ha he was at the last game and rumoured online, but obviously just a rumour

29 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

spot on how much do we need a pro like him right now!

1 minute ago, Vulnicura said:

Ha he was at the last game and rumoured online, but obviously just a rumour

I thought you said he was in the stand? Anyway as bad as he was he be better than some of DF signings that guy has left us in a mess and should never get a managers job again!

I honestly think Flitcroft is more to blame than stated.  People have Their opinions on Chur but I believe his knowledge was at ground level then met Flitcroft.  He was the first person to get close to Chur and brainwashed him his ways into how to run a football team. It will take a long time for Chur to learn the proper way himself and he may never be able to employ better football people to learn from. This could be painful and long and not have a happy ending I now really fear.  Our Chairman had been lead astray pretending he knows football.  I now don't really think he does.  More and More things are baffling.  

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, lucasoneil said:

I thought you said he was in the stand? Anyway as bad as he was he be better than some of DF signings that guy has left us in a mess and should never get a managers job again!

he was in the main stand

GMR had it nailed on radio they talked sense.  Scunthorpe were only good for 20 minutes! But ran us ragged for first period and could have scored more.  Brass made correct changes no doubt but as long as effort and goals we will always have a chance but 20 games in is too much and we seem to be enduring different ways to lose. We are our own worst eniermys sat times

1 minute ago, lucasoneil said:

~EMENY AT TIMES

Enemy

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Tubwash said:

Enemy

yes I know I know its my phone I cant do touch screen my fingers are like shreks (face is worst)

Edited by lucasoneil
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

Dont forget Bitter Shandy from the Social Club. ;o) Especially coz you always need a double-barrelled surname in any team...makes it seem like you're playing with 12 then!

How could I forget that? (or the look on your face when the moth flew out of your wallet when paying for it! ;):)

2 minutes ago, still running man said:

How could I forget that? (or the look on your face when the moth flew out of your wallet when paying for it! ;):)

The moth was dead!

I always thought Etuhu was a winger. 

Has he played in this position this season.? 

Im an old fashioned fan of 4-4-2  and wonder if him and Mackreth could play wide until mayor and Ismail are fit.

44 minutes ago, gameplan said:

Im an old fashioned fan of 4-4-2  and wonder if him and Mackreth could play wide until mayor and Ismail are fit.

Don't know if I'm missing something the only wing Etuhu has been near is a barbecued chicken one. Hope Mackreth can produce and get his end product sorted, not much evedance yet.. 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, lucasoneil said:

GMR had it nailed on radio they talked sense.  Scunthorpe were only good for 20 minutes! But ran us ragged for first period and could have scored more.  Brass made correct changes no doubt but as long as effort and goals we will always have a chance but 20 games in is too much and we seem to be enduring different ways to lose. We are our own worst eniermys sat times

a Brass should not have selected that starting 11

b he should have recognised(like all the Bury fans there) that he needed to change it and not wait until half time

We have to stop conceding, when we went with Brown and Etuhu we looked reasonably tight,  so we have to start with a regular 4 at the back ( I liked the right back ) Brown Scales or Etuhu, ( 2 of those 3) then ideally Mayor, Mellis or Tutte, Vaughan, pope or Miller. We don't struggle scoring goals, only keeping clean sheets.

52 minutes ago, russ hamer said:

We have to stop conceding, when we went with Brown and Etuhu we looked reasonably tight,  so we have to start with a regular 4 at the back ( I liked the right back ) Brown Scales or Etuhu, ( 2 of those 3) then ideally Mayor, Mellis or Tutte, Vaughan, pope or Miller. We don't struggle scoring goals, only keeping clean sheets.

This is what makes our situation so frustrating and why decent recruitment this month could determine league 1 (or even club) survival.  The longer we go on without a win, the more difficult it will be for even our most enthusiastic and hard working players to keep motivated.  Brass will be under an enormous amount of pressure to get results.

1 hour ago, russ hamer said:

At the moment I would have Etuhu And Brown. Etuhu has been playing well.

14 hours ago, Peter valentine card said:

I honestly think Flitcroft is more to blame than stated.  People have Their opinions on Chur but I believe his knowledge was at ground level then met Flitcroft.  He was the first person to get close to Chur and brainwashed him his ways into how to run a football team. It will take a long time for Chur to learn the proper way himself and he may never be able to employ better football people to learn from. This could be painful and long and not have a happy ending I now really fear.  Our Chairman had been lead astray pretending he knows football.  I now don't really think he does.  More and More things are baffling.  

Day's massive mistake was to invest an inordinate amount of loyalty in Flitcroft.  I can't imagine any other club whatever the level allowing a situation like this to develop for as long as it did.  It could cost us dearly.

12 hours ago, gameplan said:

To be fair I think I have heard before that Etuhu started his career as a winger / striker.

That said the only time I would have him and Mackreth both playing wide would be if they were both on the same wing at the same time !!!

1 hour ago, russ hamer said:

I'll dubbin my boots for next Saturday...

IMG_0051.JPG

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

I'll dubbin my boots for next Saturday...

IMG_0051.JPG

after witnessing Lainton's performance yesterday,there's a place for you in goal Mike. But don't let Wilcox try to coach you.

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Alan B said:

after witnessing Lainton's performance yesterday,there's a place for you in goal Mike. But don't let Wilcox try to coach you.

Better dig out my gloves too then.!!

IMG_0060.JPG

Edited by scales of justice