Rotherham 250k James Vaughan, lo
0

97 posts in this topic

How deluded are they to think we would sell Vaughan under any circumstances, let alone for 1/10th of what he's worth !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thought he could not play for another club this season.Seems silly signing him just for next season now.

In their position,Rotherham need him  or someone similar in their team now,not next season.

Edited by Anyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Perhaps this bid indicates that we were wrong about Vaughan's eligibility. Like you said, why bid for someone now if he can't play.

We won't get much higher than the bid made imo and I wouldn't be surprised if we accepted. Our money situation is well known and Vaughan is 28 with a questionable fitness record - teams won't be breaking the bank. Any increase depends on Rotherham's level of desperation to sign a striker and our appetite to hold on to our League 1 status at the expense of 6 more months of Vaughan's wages.

I hope we don't sell him - even if we start keeping clean sheets, we're still going to need plenty of goals from Vaughan in the next few months.

Edited by D-L-T
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sell him? i thought JV was at Bury on loan? or is it that rovrum are meant to be offering his parent club the deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BuryBlade said:

sell him? i thought JV was at Bury on loan? or is it that rovrum are meant to be offering his parent club the deal?

He is contracted to Bury until the end of the 2017/2018 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

sell him? i thought JV was at Bury on loan? or is it that rovrum are meant to be offering his parent club the deal?

Got him on a free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in that case, might be worth cashing in on him, pope and miller would be my 2 choices from what ive seen .

JV always likely to pick up a knock or two anyhow.. maybe 250k plus bonus add ons might not be too far off mark...

but ive not seen this one from any s.yorks coverage whatsoever so likelehood is its false info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just seen a twitter about this, looks like its from a fake / hoax type account...... FISHING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've no idea who this guy is

John Harriott@FootballAgent38 2h2 hours ago

Rotherham have now turned attention to Bury's James Vaughan. The offer is thought to be in the region of £250,000. #RUFC #buryfc

i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could still do a job at that level and Rotherham are in the last chance saloon.  I say take the cash if genuine and reinvest in 2 players . A biting snarling CM and a hungry quick striker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

I've no idea who this guy is

John Harriott@FootballAgent38 2h2 hours ago

Rotherham have now turned attention to Bury's James Vaughan. The offer is thought to be in the region of £250,000. #RUFC #buryfc

i

Looked on Skysports transfer centre and Rotherham's forum and there is no mention of this at all. It does seem reasonably viable though so will wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flog him and then offer Rotherham fifty quid a week to take him back on loan when they realise that he can't play 😉

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a load of rubbish. We have Vaughan until the summer, minimum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shows what a good player he is. It has taken six months before the Bury way of missing one on one's with the keeper has afflicted him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We lose when he plays though ? Draw when he doesn't.    Anything above 250k take.   Wrong very strong player, wrong time, wrong club for his attributes.    Sell.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Saturday he shit out of at least 3 challenges, yes this may be a result of past injury's but we need somebody who is not afraid to get stuck in.

Saturday was my first game of the season mind and I have no idea  if this is normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He shit out of more than three.  Then chased their right back who was attacking and slid him off the pitch infront of Brass.  He's moving down the leagues and down in wages for a reason.   He is not better than Leon.   I'd do anything to have him back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Peter valentine card said:

We lose when he plays though ? Draw when he doesn't.    Anything above 250k take.   Wrong very strong player, wrong time, wrong club for his attributes.    Sell.     

We lose when anyone plays!! Can't really level our losing run at our only quality striker

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may need a new partner in fairness.   He's still a marksman.   Top 3 in division but he hasn't played many good games for us really. Partners haven't benefited nor has he benefited from a partner.  My feelings is I don't think he helps us play well but will get 15 plus goals.  It's whether you accept that and like it or not.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peter valentine card said:

He shit out of more than three.  Then chased their right back who was attacking and slid him off the pitch infront of Brass.  He's moving down the leagues and down in wages for a reason.   He is not better than Leon.   I'd do anything to have him back.  

We've still got a good striker for this level for now.  Both have/had their strengths and weaknesses, and I gather that Clarke, who genuinely did an excellent job for us last season, is still dropping out of SU's first 11 on a regular basis for whatever reason.  If Vaughan's not scoring he's still creating opportunities and barring a couple of short spells of injury, he has been fairly consistent.  On balance, I'd rather have Vaughan.  He seems more genunely committed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind if he "shits out" of challenges tbh - he's in the team to score goals. Having said that - I've not seen him do that personally - he always puts himself about.

As DR P said - unfair to level the losing run at Vaughan. DF giddily labelled Mayor, Zeli, Pope & Vaughan as the best front four in the division. Perhaps OTT, but they are good players. I'd be interested to know when all 4 last played together in a match. If we can get those four on the pitch together for a run of games asap then there's reasons to be hopeful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, myrabury said:

We've still got a good striker for this level for now.  Both have/had their strengths and weaknesses, and I gather that Clarke, who genuinely did an excellent job for us last season, is still dropping out of SU's first 11 on a regular basis for whatever reason.  If Vaughan's not scoring he's still creating opportunities and barring a couple of short spells of injury, he has been fairly consistent.  On balance, I'd rather have Vaughan.  He seems more genunely committed.

Hard to argue.   I'm just fed up with the defeats I think.  I think a lot of Leon's goals were in wins which made them sweeter.   I haven't really taken to Vaughan but largely he looks like he's giving his all.  An awful time to be playing for us.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
0