Tonight is not about Football
2 2

72 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Tonight, 5 miles from us, many families have lost dearest and beloved

Tonight, we have to believe in what we are, a free and democratic society, our forum allows us to express all our views, whether we agree or not

Please, my fellow shakers, out of respect for the fallen, can we suspend our forum for 48 hours, in respect to those who have lost their lives and for their families

But tonight

the Message,

we WILL ALWAYS  portray  shall be,

united in that

WE ARE NOT AFRAID

RIP, 

Please leave condolence messages here

and give thanks all the emergency services 

with a special thanks to all of those, who are offering, rooms, transport and help, for all those lost and bewildered

#roomformanchester

#missinginmanchester

Edited by singaporeshaker
2 people like this

I've just heard. What a tragic, pointless waste of life. My thoughts go out to those grieving this morning.

Ryan Lowe and his family are safe. It shows how close to home in all aspects of our lives this kind of thing is. My thoughts are with all those affected. 

Truly sickening.

My prayers for the families of the deceased and for those injured and traumatised by this completely senseless and insane act.

My nephew and daughter were at the concert. Thankfully, they got out safely.

RIP to those we have lost, and our thoughts are with those who are badly injured.

One wonders at the mindset of a person who will willingly propel nails and bolts into teenagers on a night out.

In the end, those responsible cannot win.  

My thoughts are with the victims and their families.  They are also with those whose lives are dedicated to preventing these acts.

1 person likes this

Horrible, sickening news, you can only imagine the pain the family of those 22 people are going through right now and its unbearable to think about even.

Woodzo I'm glad your family are safe also Ryan Lowe's.

RIP the 22.

2 people like this

Waking up to this terrible news this morning. Utterly senseless and tragic, condolences to the poor souls involved, R.I.P.

RIP the 22

Condolences to their families

My thoughts are with the 59 injured and to their families .

To everyone there last night ... My thoughts are with you .

Grateful thanks to all the Rescue  Services , the staff at the Arena and everyone who has been helping .

God Bless

Terrible news, especially so because of the number of innocent young people involved.

I can never really work out how committing an atrocity like this gets them any closer to their final goal?

Surely they must realise it increases everyone's resolve?

Walk that same exit route every time go to Arena as probably most people on here have making way back to tram

You read of similar things happening in other parts of the world but when it happens in your own back yard it doesn't half make you sit and reflect.

First thing I did when I heard about was ring my own kids even though I knew they where nowhere near

Really hope the girl from Tottington is safe and well

Early days I know but Police arrest a 22 year old male in Chorlton.

9 hours ago, singaporeshaker said:

Tonight, 5 miles from us, many families have lost dearest and beloved

Tonight, we have to believe in what we are, a free and democratic society, our forum allows us to express all our views, whether we agree or not

Please, my fellow shakers, out of respect for the fallen, can we suspend our forum for 48 hours, in respect to those who have lost their lives and for their families

But tonight

the Message,

we WILL ALWAYS  portray  shall be,

united in that

WE ARE NOT AFRAID

RIP, 

Please leave condolence messages here

and give thanks all the emergency services 

with a special thanks to all of those, who are offering, rooms, transport and help, for all those lost and bewildered

#roomformanchester

#missinginmanchester

Whilst I certainly understand and share the sentiment of your post, what would the part in bold achieve?

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Spee said:

Whilst I certainly understand and share the sentiment of your post, what would the part in bold achieve?

Absolutely nothing.

2 hours ago, mickcotton said:

Terrible news, especially so because of the number of innocent young people involved.

I can never really work out how committing an atrocity like this gets them any closer to their final goal?

Surely they must realise it increases everyone's resolve?

The murderer had no interest in "resolve".  If he was a militant Islamist  (the method of attack and target point in this direction) then he probably thought his actions would serve a dual purpose; the extermination of non-believers and entry to paradise. There is no rational or material goal.  It is manichean - good against evil.  There is no political or economic solution because politics and economics are irrelevant to these people.

The best thing we can do is carry on with our lives.

just seen that a 26 year old lad from Radcliffe as died

what a terrible waste of life, so sad

1 hour ago, Spee said:

1 hour ago, RammyShaker said:

Absolutely nothing.

I disagree that it does nothing, it sends out the message that these evil losers can disrupt our lives.

We remember those who have lost their lives, we support those who have been affected, we pay our tributes to all who have been on valved either as victims or helpers but we carry on chatting, we carry on shopping in the city centre, we carry on going to concerts (safety permitting) and we say we will not let terror defeat us and change our way of life.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

My daughter's boyfriend was waiting to find out if any of the children he teaches were involved last night.  Some of them had been talking about and looking forward to the concert. 

The people who organise and conduct these atrocities are absolute scum, and they will never, ever win.

Edited by myrabury

I'm still sick to the pit of my stomach but this is truly incredible: 

3 people like this

9 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

I'm still sick to the pit of my stomach but this is truly incredible: 

simply amazing, i challenge anyone to watch this and not shed a tear, both of pride and sorrow

WE ARE MANCHESTER

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, singaporeshaker said:

simply amazing, i challenge anyone to watch this and not shed a tear, both of pride and sorrow.

WE ARE MANCHESTER

I know i shed a few...