Tonight is not about Football
2 2

72 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 26/05/2017 at 12:10, bradley1 said:

Shame Utds players weren't so classy in celebration 

The post match dressing room singalong was disgusting....then again, given that very few of those overpaid primadonnas have any connection with reality, let alone Manchester, it shouldn't surprise me.

Edited by myrabury

3 minutes ago, myrabury said:

The post match dressing room singalong was disgusting....then again, given that very few of those overpaid primadonnas have any connection with reality, let alone Manchester, it shouldn't surprise me.

What did they do, just out of interest?

11 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

Cheers Vinny. That makes me feel a bit better. 

Does anyone know if the concert is on TV?

BBC 1 - 6.55 pm, Andy.

26 minutes ago, Efng said:

BBC 1 - 6.55 pm, Andy.

Cheers Baz. 

10 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

Oh dear. Embarrassing. 

More than embarrassing Andy, truly disgusting. I understand their jubilation, coupled with relief, but there is a time to remain decent and composed.

This was dedicated to the victims of the Manchester bombing the other day and shows the true human spirit will never be broken...however hard life may be at times: 

2 people like this

On 2017-6-3 at 11:12, R11 BFC said:

Cheers Vinny. That makes me feel a bit better. 

Does anyone know if the concert is on TV?

On 2017-6-3 at 11:24, Efng said:

BBC 1 - 6.55 pm, Andy.

Manchester & London.jpg

Was a fantastic benefit gig. Very moving. Respect to all. Ariana Grande - who an old-timer like me had barely heard of 3 weeks ago - was magnificent. 

1 person likes this

Got to say it was very well done and not really rushed like I was expecting, very glad Chris Martin didn't absolutely ruin Don't Look Back In Anger as well.

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, shaker90 said:

Got to say it was very well done and not really rushed like I was expecting, very glad Chris Martin didn't absolutely ruin Don't Look Back In Anger as well.

I don't mind Chris Martin and Coldplay at all and I thought they did Don't Look Back in Anger very well. That said I did see something that made me smile on twitter, along the lines of "Chris Martin coming out and joining Liam instead of Noel is like when your mum tells you you're having pizza for tea and then pulls one out of the freezer!" ;) 

I am glad we are still able to keep the same old sense of humour we always do no matter what.

Edited by shakerste

20 hours ago, smancshakerisback said:

Was a fantastic benefit gig. Very moving. Respect to all. Ariana Grande - who an old-timer like me had barely heard of 3 weeks ago - was magnificent. 

Well done to all concerned and all involved. It was a very emotional night and even many of those acts who aren't 'my thing' gave performances I found moving and in many ways fitting.

The Marcus Mumford opener was very fitting, the crowd singing with Robbie Williams was quite a moment as was the children's choir.

It was good to see so many smiling faces.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, shakerste said:

Well done to all concerned and all involved. It was a very emotional night and even many of those acts who aren't 'my thing' gave performances I found moving and in many ways fitting.

The Marcus Mumford opener was very fitting, the crowd singing with Robbie Williams was quite a moment as was the children's choir.

It was good to see so many smiling faces.

we put ste

On 24 May 2017 at 11:58, emu said:

in these circumstances it doesn't matter if you are 8 or 80 it is still a waste of life

no idea if Olivia or any of her family had any interest in Bury FC but living so close there could be

Olivia's funeral next Tuesday in Tottington. There will an event afterwards at Bury FC as Olivia used to play for Bury FC girls under 11s.  http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/15342867.Donations_at_Olivia_s_funeral_will_be_given_to_her_school_music_department/

Going to be a really tough day for all her school friends . She was in the year above my son at Totty High 

RIP Olivia 

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, tottyboy said:

Olivia's funeral next Tuesday in Tottington. There will an event afterwards at Bury FC as Olivia used to play for Bury FC girls under 11s.  http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/15342867.Donations_at_Olivia_s_funeral_will_be_given_to_her_school_music_department/

Going to be a really tough day for all her school friends . She was in the year above my son at Totty High 

RIP Olivia 

i think this should be a thread in its own rights

Surprised that people are disgusted about the MUFC song. If as a result of the disaster the less salubrious members of society were to genuinely turn a corner and become better people then I can see real progress. However  as we all know it is very easy to wring hands for a couple of days and then go on as though nothing has happened. I would rather have sincere minimal mourning than everyone and his dog jumping on to the bandwagon.

23 minutes ago, postcorvus said:

Surprised that people are disgusted about the MUFC song. If as a result of the disaster the less salubrious members of society were to genuinely turn a corner and become better people then I can see real progress. However  as we all know it is very easy to wring hands for a couple of days and then go on as though nothing has happened. I would rather have sincere minimal mourning than everyone and his dog jumping on to the bandwagon.

I couldn't agree more. No one in their right minds would see the events of that awful night as anything other than an utter tragedy, but there is a very fine line between public mourning and mass hysteria...and I think that line has been crossed. 

On 2017-6-13 at 22:49, tottyboy said:

Olivia's funeral next Tuesday in Tottington. There will an event afterwards at Bury FC as Olivia used to play for Bury FC girls under 11s. http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/15342867.Donations_at_Olivia_s_funeral_will_be_given_to_her_school_music_department/

RIP Olivia 

RIP Olivia:

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/15358726.Emotional_scenes_at_funeral_of_Olivia_Campbell_Hardy__15__killed_in_Manchester_Arena_terror_attack/?ref=mrb&lp=1

3 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

Well worth a watch from 5 mins 50 secs to 8 mins 26 secs below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08vd44r/north-west-tonight-evening-news-20062017

Absolute quality quote from a Bury lad on 6 mins 57 secs to 7 mins 6 secs. Pure quality.  

1 person likes this