Next signing?
1 1

269 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, KLOOT said:

Wingers and flair players seem to be where we are lacking. Obviously playing with a fully fit Danny Mayor and Zeli would be fantastic - but there's been no sign of the latter for a while or any mention of his progress and Mackreth didn't look up to it if we are going to be pushing for the top half. 

Trust me, there isn't a lack of them...

37 minutes ago, david fitcroft said:

Correct

Would be a eye opening signing 

2 hours ago, Flicker said:

one of our youngsters from the first team squad is being eyed by a prem club. 

Prem or ex-prem?

30 minutes ago, Spee said:

Trust me, there isn't a lack of them...

Macreth, Mayor and Zeli? No other out and out wingers is there or attacking midfielders? Scott Burgess and Styles can pick a pass I suppose. Do you know of more, Spee?

If we sign any T*rks I will genuinely consider not going to home games as I don't want to be funding them.

4 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

If we sign any T*rks I will genuinely consider not going to home games as I don't want to be funding them.

Are there any good Cypriot players?! ;o)

1 hour ago, KLOOT said:

Macreth, Mayor and Zeli? No other out and out wingers is there or attacking midfielders? Scott Burgess and Styles can pick a pass I suppose. Do you know of more, Spee?

Watch Clark's latest interview on the Joe Skarz signing page and yet again, he mentions Will Ferry and Callum Hulme. Both will play their part, as will Joe Adams from time to time. 

11 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

Are there any good Cypriot players?! ;o)

Yeah Demititou who used to play for Walsall ;) and don't forget the great Michalis Konstantinou

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

Eh?

22 minutes ago, Spee said:

Watch Clark's latest interview on the Joe Skarz signing page and yet again, he mentions Will Ferry and Callum Hulme. Both will play their part, as will Joe Adams from time to time. 

The intention is all well and good, and the lads might be prove themself to be good enough, but I'd be tentative to include youth teamers when assessing the strength and depth of our squad. If these do happen to make the step up then that's a bonus, but I would agree with others that we probably are short of genuine wide options.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, T.A said:

Eh?

What part are you not sure on? 

3 hours ago, Efng said:

Prem or ex-prem?

Prem is what I said bazza

Cheers.  Different rumour/info.😏

2 hours ago, Spee said:

Tsun Dai is pretty useful too isn't he?

3 hours ago, shaker90 said:

Sorry, apart from blatant racism, why would you not want a Turk in your team? 

18 minutes ago, BuryR said:

Granted it doesnt read well but Shaker90 has Cypriot blood, so if you read up on the history between Cyprus and Turkey you'll understand. As said, not the wisest of posts and i'm sure he was half joking, so go easy on him. 

43 minutes ago, BuryR said:

I am also failing to see the connection between Bury FC and Turkey 

1 hour ago, BuryR said:

As a Greek Cypriot, I don't really like T*rks after they nearly killed my Grandad and stole all of his land and actually left him bankerupt, this meaning I would find it very difficult to support ones wages.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

As a Greek Cypriot, I don't really like T*rks after they nearly killed my Grandad and stole all of his land and actually left him bankerupt, this meaning I would find it very difficult to support ones wages.

That was 43 years ago, it didn't take that long for Britain and Germany to get pally after WW2.

3 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

As the 'Manchester' saying goes at the moment - 'dont look back in anger'. Hard i know mate...a German shot my Grandad and seriously injured him...but better to forgive, even if you cant forget. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, 1903 said:

That was 43 years ago, it didn't take that long for Britain and Germany to get pally after WW2.

Give him a break. 

2 minutes ago, 1903 said:

Easy for you to say, the land that was stolen from my grandad has never been given back, did a German steal your grandads land make him homeless and bankerupt? 

Please don't tell me how to feel. 

2 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

As the 'Manchester' saying goes at the moment - 'dont look back in anger'. Hard i know mate...a German shot my Grandad and seriously injured him...but better to forgive, even if you cant forget. 

I find it very difficult mate as you can tell, I do apologise for the way it came across on here.

I will never apologise for the way I feel about this.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, shaker90 said:

Easy for you to say, the land that was stolen from my grandad has never been given back, did a German steal your grandads land make him homeless and bankerupt? 

Please don't tell me how to feel. 

I find it very difficult mate as you can tell, I do apologise for the way it came across on here.

I will never apologise for the way I feel about this.

Very sad story but what on earth has it got to do with Bury FC signing a second-generation Turkish footballer, who was born some 20 years after the event you describe?

3 people like this