Next signing?
1 1

269 posts in this topic

Just now, LondonWhite said:

HA!  Or the project sold by the Manager and Chairman?

We made no attempt to sign him. We

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scunthorpe are reporting that they paid a fee for Burgess.  Add to that a 3 year deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe the deal for thompson came available before burgess was made available, so we stuck our eggs in that basket. shame, he was very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

or perhaps he thought Thompson was the better bet.   We couldn't realistically hope to have Cameron, Thompson and Burgess all at the same time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chelford said:

or perhaps he thought Thompson was the better bet.   We couldn't realistically hope to have Cameron, Thompson and Burgess all at the same time 

Same could be said about Cameron, Thompson and Aldred (been offered a 3 year deal)... who do you leave out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2more by friday so mikael bury times says, although he's now deleted that tweet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Shaker Norra said:

Same could be said about Cameron, Thompson and Aldred (been offered a 3 year deal)... who do you leave out?

It's why I'm doubtful that Alfred will come. Absolutely nothing wrong with looking at 3 or 4 good options for each position, certainly better than having a list like Casper had all those years back but presumably we decided it was better to have Thompson in the bag than wait weeks for Aldred.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShakerStu said:

2more by friday so mikael bury times says, although he's now deleted that tweet!

Tweet still there on his account. Says " 2 more by Friday we will like these"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kentshaker said:

Tweet still there on his account. Says " 2 more by Friday we will like these"

Yeah the tweet is still active  .Ozthumer and Aldred will be tickety boo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kentshaker said:

Tweet still there on his account. Says " 2 more by Friday we will like these"

i noticed that, he deleted a similar tweet 5 mins earlier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shakerite66 said:

Yeah the tweet is still active  .Ozthumer and Aldred will be tickety boo

Clark Kent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Flicker said:

Clark Kent 

Wayne Brown?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ronky said:

It's why I'm doubtful that Alfred will come. Absolutely nothing wrong with looking at 3 or 4 good options for each position, certainly better than having a list like Casper had all those years back but presumably we decided it was better to have Thompson in the bag than wait weeks for Aldred.

Alf is signing for Bolton 😬

(Funny that as I thought they were under an embargo?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, giggabyte said:

Alf is signing for Bolton 😬

(Funny that as I thought they were under an embargo?)

I think they can re sign players who were on the wage bill last season because Jem Karacan re signed with them as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, giggabyte said:

Alf is signing for Bolton 😬

(Funny that as I thought they were under an embargo?)

Bolton's transfer embargo, as defined by the EFL, limits their squad to 23 players but they are still allowed to sign new players on a one-in-one-out basis.  They are not permitted to pay transfer or loan fees for any players, nor can they pay any agents' fees.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flicker said:

Clark Kent 

Cyrptic charlie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shakerite66 said:

Yeah the tweet is still active  .Ozthumer and Aldred will be tickety boo

He says "keep your eyes peeled". Is this a cryptic clue? Aldred plays for The Tangerines ; and Otzumer rhymes with satsuma!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, david fitcroft said:

Conor McEleny 

The Everton lad who was on loan at oxford last season ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jordan1993 said:

The Everton lad who was on loan at oxford last season ?

Scored hat trick against us QUALITY hope its true that's what ive heard season long loan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, david fitcroft said:

Scored hat trick against us QUALITY hope its true that's what ive heard season long loan

As the man ITK - any idea why Everton are still hanging on to him? He joined them when he was 11 and is 25 in August and only played 2 games! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

As the man ITK - any idea why Everton are still hanging on to him? He joined them when he was 11 and is 25 in August and only played 2 games! 

I think his contract runs out at the end of the month unless I have been looking at outdated info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Everton have still got Courtney Duffus who it seems has never been loaned out to anyone except us. Just saying; seems a bit odd (not saying I want him back!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Mcaleny is available and would drop this low it would be a magnificent signing . A definite 3 year deal option as he's reaching his prime and will have a massive sell on value if successful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be a decent signing.Also be good to have experienced strikers as well as youth in the shape of he and Miller.Plenty of goals too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
1 1