I'm not buying a season ticket
1 1

88 posts in this topic

I've thought long and hard about buying a season ticket for me and my sons but in the end we will not buy one and pay as and when we go to games next season. I can't in all faith give money to the club when on the one hand they are signing really promising players and putting a team that looks really good together but on the other hand not paying suppliers and getting numerous CCJ's as have been shown recently.  CCJ's are issued when a court of  law makes a decision to award the plaintiff (the supplier) the right to collect money from the club for services rendered. 

I might be the only person that gives a stuff enough to prevent the club getting my money over the summer, but I don't mind it being a one person thing if I think I am doing the right thing. 

8 people like this

I think this is the 2nd latest one: 

00053268 : BURY FOOTBALL CLUB COMPANY LIMITED(THE)
There has been a new CCJ filed against this business for a value of £6,718 on 22 May 2017

Posted (edited)

I believe this is the latest, posted yesterday in the Rolling the Dice thread: 

00053268 : BURY FOOTBALL CLUB COMPANY LIMITED(THE)

• There has been a new CCJ filed against this business for a value of £10,455.

It's one of three to have emerged in the last couple of weeks.

Edited by surrey__exile

1 hour ago, BuryR said:

I've thought long and hard about buying a season ticket for me and my sons but in the end we will not buy one and pay as and when we go to games next season. I can't in all faith give money to the club when on the one hand they are signing really promising players and putting a team that looks really good together but on the other hand not paying suppliers and getting numerous CCJ's as have been shown recently.  CCJ's are issued when a court of  law makes a decision to award the plaintiff (the supplier) the right to collect money from the club for services rendered. 

I might be the only person that gives a stuff enough to prevent the club getting my money over the summer, but I don't mind it being a one person thing if I think I am doing the right thing. 

If everyone thought like you, would we have a club to support? Sorry dont get it. Especially as you would save money as well. 

2 people like this

If everyone in Bury bought a season ticket we still would be far short of funding our current excesses.

2 people like this

I don't see any problem with this post at all, it's your money, you spend it how you want, when you want. I miss games each year for different reasons so it's not financially viable to pay for a season ticket and an additional 1 or 2 for the kids. easier to bring them along on family tickets on the day or just pay on the day myself. 

Season tickets surely can't be our highest means of income anyway, what about the 150 whizzo new sponsors we keep being told about! Surely they must be bringing in more than about 300k collectively.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Dr P said:

I don't see any problem with this post at all, it's your money, you spend it how you want, when you want. I miss games each year for different reasons so it's not financially viable to pay for a season ticket and an additional 1 or 2 for the kids. easier to bring them along on family tickets on the day or just pay on the day myself. 

Season tickets surely can't be our highest means of income anyway, what about the 150 whizzo new sponsors we keep being told about! Surely they must be bringing in more than about 300k collectively.

I agree it is a personal decision. I don't however see the benefit in broadcasting that view publicly. It serves no purpose in my opinion. 

7 people like this

Just now, RickM said:

I agree it is a personal decision. I don't however see the benefit in broadcasting that view publicly. It serves no purpose in my opinion. 

He's simply voicing his opinion and it's one worth heeding regardless of whether you agree with it; think about it - an administrator of this message board, which is a vital resource for hundreds of people and is dedicated to all things Bury, has now decided to pick and choose matches he goes to rather than give the club a 'guaranteed' income. Does it not at least demonstrate his strength of feeling, if nothing else?

4 people like this

3 minutes ago, RickM said:

No but this is a public forum - if people didn't have any views we'd have no forum!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, RickM said:

Hopefully, somebody in the club's hierarchy might just might, read BuryR's post, sit up and take notice......and who knows?.....admittedly, that's an extremely long shot but even the longest journey has to start with just a single step.  

Edited by surrey__exile
2 people like this

CCJ's. The new Ray Pointer. We can all think of reasons not to buy season tickets. The ones who do find it frustrating that many choose not to. It compounds the Club's problem and solves nothing. 

Bet your eyes lit up with another ccj . 

3 people like this

10 minutes ago, shakerite66 said:

Oh yes, he loves it O.o

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, steveb said:

CCJ's. The new Ray Pointer. We can all think of reasons not to buy season tickets. The ones who do find it frustrating that many choose not to. It compounds the Club's problem and solves nothing. 

There's a huge difference between Ray Pointer and the CCJs.   As Pete Cullen's Official History says "The truth of the matter was that the Shakers were simply unable to pay the wages over the Christmas period..." In other words, the club had little choice but to sell Ray.   This is in sharp contrast to the situation with the CCJs where the stark reality is that the club has chosen a particular route - which could readily be avoided - that BuryR clearly has profound misgivings about.   To then imply it is an "excuse" for him not to buy a season ticket is somewhat disingenuous IMO. 

Edited by surrey__exile

20 minutes ago, LondonWhite said:

Oh yes, he loves it O.o

Regular whiner.

12 minutes ago, shakerite66 said:

Regular whiner.

Regular Happy Clapper . . . oh it goes round and round you know?

2 hours ago, surrey__exile said:

Hopefully, somebody in the club's hierarchy might just might, read BuryR's post, sit up and take notice......and who knows?.....admittedly, that's an extremely long shot but even the longest journey has to start with just a single step.  

Why would they possibly take notice of a keyboard coward? Don't you know that 199% of Bury fc supporters are fully behind the board and their way of running Bury Football Club. Glenn Thomas said so in an interview and we all know how honest and reliable he is..... 😂 😂 😂 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, shakerite66 said:

shakerite66     503

• shakerite66
  • Members
  • 4,779 posts

Posted May 25 (edited) · 

Heard it mentioned on Twitter . Has anybody any facts ?

Seems a bit bizarre when we are splashing out big wages on over 30's players and yet there are normal hard working people going to be set free at the club

See the thread you started a week or two ago. You openly voiced concerns about redundancies amidst our transfer activity, seems a tad contradictory to be saying that one week then to have a pop at Bury R for voicing his displeasure at another CCJ, especially considering this CCJ has emerged amidst rumours of more big name signings. 

Edited by Barry P
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, surrey__exile said:

There's a huge difference between Ray Pointer and the CCJs.   As Pete Cullen's Official History says "The truth of the matter was that the Shakers were simply unable to pay the wages over the Christmas period..." In other words, the club had little choice but to sell Ray.   This is in sharp contrast to the situation with the CCJs where the stark reality is that the club has chosen a particular route - which could readily be avoided - that BuryR clearly has profound misgivings about.   To then imply it is an "excuse" for him not to buy a season ticket is somewhat disingenuous IMO. 

It could readily be avoided if more people bought season tickets.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, steveb said:

Or spend only the money we have and not the money we don't have??

5 people like this

1 minute ago, steveb said:

How come we didn't incur so many CCJs when crowds were lower, there was far less sponsorship, and we weren't receiving fees from selling players?

And how come other clubs who have lower ST sales than us don't incur so many CCJs?

Just now, surrey__exile said:

How come we didn't incur so many CCJs when crowds were lower, there was far less sponsorship, and we weren't receiving fees from selling players?

And how come other clubs who have lower ST sales than us don't incur so many CCJs?

Simple. We had a poor team and no ambition.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, steveb said:

Nailed on the head !!!

The 1st time we can be really positive about a pre season on the pitch then a 'FAN' comes up with this claptrap - administrator or not !

Yes I wish the club would pay on time but to make this stance like some kind of direct debit martyr is a bit disproportionate, I do loose the will sometimes..:hammer:

2 people like this

20 minutes ago, steveb said:

Simple. We had a poor team and no ambition.

And last season, we had a poor team and huge debt.  Not sure what your point is.

1 person likes this