I'm not buying a season ticket
1 1

88 posts in this topic

Just now, LondonWhite said:

And last season, we had a poor team and huge debt.  Not sure what your point is.

We've had much worse. The start to the season showed we were a competitive team. Injuries and panic transformed us into a poor team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really positive about next season  but to believe that the season ticket revenue does anything more than keep providing prawn sandwiches for the boardroom is somewhat of a stretch of credulity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, postcorvus said:

I am really positive about next season  but to believe that the season ticket revenue does anything more than keep providing prawn sandwiches for the boardroom is somewhat of a stretch of credulity.

£300,000 for 23 buffets! Let me know if you want catering quote!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Don't forget all our meetings with our two thousand sponsors. In fact you should be entitled to a free season ticket for life if you can prove you have seen five  Bury matches each for the following players- Smith,Brabin, Hope, Hancock and Strong

Edited by postcorvus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, steveb said:

It could readily be avoided if more people bought season tickets.

If that's the best defence the club can come up with in court for non-payment of bills, its hardly any wonder so many cases are lost. :)

 

Edited by surrey__exile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We might have more revenue to avoid CCJs if the club shop opened more than once a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barry P said:

 shakerite66     503

  • shakerite66
  • Members
  • 4,779 posts

 

Posted May 25 (edited) · 

Heard it mentioned on Twitter . Has anybody any facts ?

Seems a bit bizarre when we are splashing out big wages on over 30's players and yet there are normal hard working people going to be set free at the club

 

 

See the thread you started a week or two ago. You openly voiced concerns about redundancies amidst our transfer activity, seems a tad contradictory to be saying that one week then to have a pop at Bury R for voicing his displeasure at another CCJ, especially considering this CCJ has emerged amidst rumours of more big name signings. 

I was against redundancies as it affects hard working people as I have been on 4 occasions.  It's called empathy .

The person who started this thread seems to delight in ccjs as he's on here everytime we have one .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Do CCJS not mean unpaid bills to companies and businesses? We don't know how big or small said businesses are but this approach of last minute payment will also reflect on said businesses and their employees. 

Edited by Barry P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Barry P said:

Do CCJS not mean unpaid bills to companies and businesses? We don't know how big or small said businesses are but this approach of last minute payment will also reflect on said businesses and their employees. 

To be frank I don't even know the companies involved unlike the staff we knew and dealt with in regularity here . It was close to home .

Edited by shakerite66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, shakerite66 said:

I was against redundancies as it affects hard working people as I have been on 4 occasions.  It's called empathy .

The person who started this thread seems to delight in ccjs as he's on here everytime we have one .

Knowing him personally as i do, i can assure you, that's the last thing he thinks. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Everyday I check twitter I would if we will still be in business. Losses of 3.1 2.9 and 2.5 million are unsustainable. I just wish we could live within our means. The constant stream of CCJ and winding up orders give me little faith going forwards.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the same decision as BuryR last season and in the end I only saw one game last season - away at Fleetwood - having attended virtually every Home game and a significant number of Away games since the mid 90s.  I am afraid that I simply cannot justify giving any money to the Club whilst they continue to refuse to pay people who have provided goods and services to them.

In the unlikely event that we were to sell 3000 season tickets, the person who buys the 3000th would immediately cost the Club £225,000 in cash.  I wonder where that money would come from seeing as though we don't appear to be able to pay bills of £10,000 at the minute.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also feel uncomfortable that an administrator presses the'panic' button declaring 'the shits going to hit the fan' because he has information that we "all need to hear"... he has his reasons.... like I had my reason to donate to this " very good" nerve centre of opinions... is this going to make " me" think again about further donations... opened a can of worms IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, N8URY said:

I made the same decision as BuryR last season and in the end I only saw one game last season - away at Fleetwood - having attended virtually every Home game and a significant number of Away games since the mid 90s.  I am afraid that I simply cannot justify giving any money to the Club whilst they continue to refuse to pay people who have provided goods and services to them.

In the unlikely event that we were to sell 3000 season tickets, the person who buys the 3000th would immediately cost the Club £225,000 in cash.  I wonder where that money would come from seeing as though we don't appear to be able to pay bills of £10,000 at the minute.

I would imagine everyone has got paid even though it may have been very late and after ccjs etc. Of Course if we went bump it would be a different story.

Unfortunately late payments are part and parcel of the way a lot of companies work and especially some larger ones. It is not just us but I agree it is not the way you would like us to operate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Spee said:

He's simply voicing his opinion and it's one worth heeding regardless of whether you agree with it; think about it - an administrator of this message board, which is a vital resource for hundreds of people and is dedicated to all things Bury, has now decided to pick and choose matches he goes to rather than give the club a 'guaranteed' income. Does it not at least demonstrate his strength of feeling, if nothing else?

There is voicing your opinion. I have no qualms with that. Then there is hitting your club financially. Sorry I still don't get it.  Just like I do not get the Blackpool fans who boycott their club. We all know the Oystons are arse holes but deprive the club of money? Nien danke. Although I absolutely agree with Bury R posting his views. Although this time I do not agree with them. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we don't pay our bills - so can anyone name one bill that has ultimately not been paid ?

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

Knowing him personally as i do, i can assure you, that's the last thing he thinks. 

 That's fair enough then.

Just seems a recurring theme ...awaits Stuart2003 to join in too.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shakerite66 said:

 That's fair enough then.

Just seems a recurring theme ...awaits Stuart2003 to join in too.

Hello!

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No club can complain of fans depriving it of money if it has no interest in meaningfully engaging with those fans to take it forward. Giving money to the club at present is like  purchasing a timeshare. You may be lucky to have countless sunny breaks in Greece but more likely you will be subjected to many rainy weeks in a leaky caravan in Rhyl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, postcorvus said:

No club can complain of fans depriving it of money if it has no interest in meaningfully engaging with those fans to take it forward. Giving money to the club at present is like  purchasing a timeshare. You may be lucky to have countless sunny breaks in Greece but more likely you will be subjected to many rainy weeks in a leaky caravan in Rhyl.

Difference is the season tickets are very cheap and there is not a lot to lose really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no doubt that the offer is good. However buying more or less season tickets will neither propel us into the Champions League nor drop us into the National League. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stuart2003B said:

Hello!

You lurker!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, postcorvus said:

There is no doubt that the offer is good. However buying more or less season tickets will neither propel us into the Champions League nor drop us into the National League. 

I agree with that-but suspect more chance of the National League unfortunately!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely if you feel that strongly about the club, you should boycott it rather than attend some games and continue to give them money? Depending on how many games you go to, they could actually make more profit out of you than a ST holder.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because someone questions  current  leadership does not mean they have to abandon a lifetime addiction. Bury FC means far more than the people who are in charge temporarily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
1 1