1 hour ago, Stuart2003B said:

Hello!

Jeez like a bloodhound . 

1 person likes this

Day hasn't let us down yet 

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, shakerite66 said:

Day hasn't let us down yet 

Some would argue that he let us down by keeping Flitcroft on for an extra nine months along with a long list of other reasons, I will be just repeating myself though so I won't list those reasons :-). 

16 minutes ago, Barry P said:

Some would argue that he let us down by keeping Flitcroft on for an extra nine months along with a long list of other reasons, I will be just repeating myself though so I won't list those reasons :-). 

I meant in his promises wise owl .

13 minutes ago, DoctorDeath(Returns) said:

Sign Jay O'Shea and I'm buying 3 Season tickets!:D

What's all the fuss about him, he's been at numerous clubs and has just been released by chesterfield....do enlighten me 

4 minutes ago, heysidays01 said:

What's all the fuss about him, he's been at numerous clubs and has just been released by chesterfield....do enlighten me 

Sheff U wanted to sign him for their forthcoming season in the Championship.  He was out of contract at Chesterfield and was never going to stay there to play in League 2.  He will be a very good signing for us.  I recall him playing well for Chesterfield and scoring at Gigg in the first competitive fixture of the Revolution.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Barry P said:

Do CCJS not mean unpaid bills to companies and businesses? We don't know how big or small said businesses are but this approach of last minute payment will also reflect on said businesses and their employees. 

Correct.  It's how Mr Day conducts business including his non-football related activities I understand.  Obviously, that doesn't mean we have to like it.

15 minutes ago, heysidays01 said:

Was it not more a case of him rejecting a new Chesterfield deal rather than being let go ? His most recent club, in terms of game time anyway, was Sheffield United, where he played a part in their promotion from the league. 

13 hours ago, BuryR said:

I've thought long and hard about buying a season ticket for me and my sons but in the end we will not buy one and pay as and when we go to games next season. I can't in all faith give money to the club when on the one hand they are signing really promising players and putting a team that looks really good together but on the other hand not paying suppliers and getting numerous CCJ's as have been shown recently.  CCJ's are issued when a court of  law makes a decision to award the plaintiff (the supplier) the right to collect money from the club for services rendered. 

I might be the only person that gives a stuff enough to prevent the club getting my money over the summer, but I don't mind it being a one person thing if I think I am doing the right thing. 

Very honest and I have no doubt a decision made with much thought.

Not easy words to read from a fellow fan nor are they words I or I hope anyone would ever want to read or post about the club we love but the fact is you are a fellow fan and I am always interested in how my fellow fans feel. 

2 people like this

8 hours ago, shakerite66 said:

I meant in his promises wise owl .

I was also referring to many of his other promises and pledges that haven't come true, not just the drawn out faith in Mr Incompetent. 

Come on Stewie put the final piece in the jigsaw. Quickly contact the kit suppliers and change our socks to red this season. Bound to increase our support amongst the under 30s.

14 hours ago, skyblueshaker said:

Surely if you feel that strongly about the club, you should boycott it rather than attend some games and continue to give them money? Depending on how many games you go to, they could actually make more profit out of you than a ST holder.

But that's why he's picking and choosing matches - the club loses that 'guaranteed' income a season ticket would provide... and I imagine he'll also err on the side of going to fewer games, compounding the issue.

15 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

You lurker!!!

Says the King of Lurking!

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, astleywhite said:

Says the King of Lurking!

No, R11 is the king of twerking

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, LondonWhite said:

No, R11 is the king of twerking

Thought we were keeping that a secret! ;)

2 people like this

The CCJ thing is a bit mystefieing. As I have said on other threads it is a weird,and not very savoury way of doing business. 

1 minute ago, bullockballamos said:

The CCJ thing is a bit mystefieing. As I have said on other threads it is a weird,and not very savoury way of doing business. 

I don't believe it is completely mystifying.  OK, some of them will be down to disagreements, which we seem to lose in the court judgement quite regularly.   The others, my belief is we struggle to pay, but I am only guessing.  Look at it logically, you can't have that many bad relationships with vendors.  So, what other reason would you have for not paying a bill?

18 hours ago, steve f. said:

I also feel uncomfortable that an administrator presses the'panic' button declaring 'the shits going to hit the fan' because he has information that we "all need to hear"... he has his reasons.... like I had my reason to donate to this " very good" nerve centre of opinions... is this going to make " me" think again about further donations... opened a can of worms IMO

Can I ask why being an administrator of the board has anything to do with my post. I spend a sufficient amount of my time keeping this board going in the background and I love the fact that people disagree or agree with each other. I don't get involved in moderating any content and I believe that this forum is independent so that my views, your views and others have every right to be here.

You do have a choice whether to donate to the upkeep of this board but please, please dont think because I administrate this board I get given or give myself any additional powers or amplification of my opinions.

9 people like this

Not sure whether donating 50p to the website gives anyone the right to be so precious either.

Bury R....  I would like to apologise for my interpretation of your role as "administrator" on this board... I would further like to reassure postcorvus that I will not withdraw my 50p funding of this forum ...in fact I am willing to double my contribution by the start of the season...  my loyalty holds no bounds.....UTS.

5 people like this

8 hours ago, Spee said:

But that's why he's picking and choosing matches - the club loses that 'guaranteed' income a season ticket would provide... and I imagine he'll also err on the side of going to fewer games, compounding the issue.

You don't know how many games he's going to do and to be fair, neither does he probably. My point is if you feel strongly enough about the club's ownership, boycott them. If you go to X (I'm sure someone can do the maths)  amount of games paying full whack, you'll end up giving more money to the club than a ST holder. 

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Spee said:

And this the desire of a fan ?

Sorry, if its an intention to cause our club a compounded issue then he ain't no fan.. IMO a busy needy do-goodering desire is being put 1st detrimental to the club.

Yes, we have opinions and all have the right to air them, but I'm not respecting this one, as no doubt my mini rant won't be either - which is fine. 

Edited by MrBistow
1 person likes this

OK, as an expat Shaker now in NZ I find it difficult that supporters are not getting excited enough by the coming season and squad being assembled to buy their season ticket. I'm a regular viewer of this site being stranded on the other side of the world but have never felt the need to comment.  I was a regular supporter home and away from the late eighties til the Warnock days ruined my love affair with the club, Gillingham away over the Xmas period to watching us play a dull 0-0 at Plainmoor Torquay on a Tuesday night,

or watching Adekola score a hatrick at Scarboro etc etc

The squad currently being assembled makes me more excited and hopeful than the Sir Stan Era, I was fortunate enough to witness Kieley's penalty save at Vicarage Rd and the excruciating final minutes before promotion to England's second tier (I REPEAT SECOND TIER!!!). Then came the rewards of beating the likes of City on their own turf. For those who where not fortunate enough to be there it was amazing, little old Bury beating one of Manchester's Giants.

The facts are quite simple,

4 years ago we were on the verge of extinction

Nobody wanted to buy us or bail us out

We were a struggling league 2 team

Other than Nugent we had no Youth production for years

We have as we all know since been under the command of Mr Day, like it or not he has kept this club running for 4 extra years with a promotion to boot. We have an active youth policy that is reaping it's rewards. Why are we worrying about finance's as fans when every game you as a supporter witness is a bonus. Obviously as an expat a season ticket is not an option for me but i'll be watching the live streams at 2am my time having signed up for the live games.

Now is the time to tell your mates at work or the pub, ex Shakers who like me left in their droves with the appointment of Warnock that something good is happening. 

I'm pretty sure that Dawson, O'Shea let alone Lee Clark and the likes would not even consider Bury if they didn't believe they would be paid or that something good was going to happen.

Come on Shakers, this could be our year.

12 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ShakeNZ said:

OK, as an expat Shaker now in NZ I find it difficult that supporters are not getting excited enough by the coming season and squad being assembled to buy their season ticket. I'm a regular viewer of this site being stranded on the other side of the world but have never felt the need to comment.  I was a regular supporter home and away from the late eighties til the Warnock days ruined my love affair with the club, Gillingham away over the Xmas period to watching us play a dull 0-0 at Plainmoor Torquay on a Tuesday night,

or watching Adekola score a hatrick at Scarboro etc etc

The squad currently being assembled makes me more excited and hopeful than the Sir Stan Era, I was fortunate enough to witness Kieley's penalty save at Vicarage Rd and the excruciating final minutes before promotion to England's second tier (I REPEAT SECOND TIER!!!). Then came the rewards of beating the likes of City on their own turf. For those who where not fortunate enough to be there it was amazing, little old Bury beating one of Manchester's Giants.

The facts are quite simple,

4 years ago we were on the verge of extinction

Nobody wanted to buy us or bail us out

We were a struggling league 2 team

Other than Nugent we had no Youth production for years

We have as we all know since been under the command of Mr Day, like it or not he has kept this club running for 4 extra years with a promotion to boot. We have an active youth policy that is reaping it's rewards. Why are we worrying about finance's as fans when every game you as a supporter witness is a bonus. Obviously as an expat a season ticket is not an option for me but i'll be watching the live streams at 2am my time having signed up for the live games.

Now is the time to tell your mates at work or the pub, ex Shakers who like me left in their droves with the appointment of Warnock that something good is happening. 

I'm pretty sure that Dawson, O'Shea let alone Lee Clark and the likes would not even consider Bury if they didn't believe they would be paid or that something good was going to happen.

Come on Shakers, this could be our year.

You make some good points.

The only "fact" I'd quibble with is your comment about nobody wanting to buy/bail us out.   My view is that the sale was  rushed through and it's possible alternative buyers could have been found.  Anyway, that's been debated to death in other threads so moving on.....

The fanbase can simplistically be characterised as being divided into two broad camps.    The first, and I suspect a smallish minority, is concerned not so much with WHAT Day has achieved but HOW he has achieved it.   These fans have grave misgivings about the CCJs, the WUPs, the many broken promises, the contempt for shareholders, and a preference to engage with the moneyed rather than ordinary fans.   The other group, in contrast, is quite happy to effectively brush such matters under the carpet with the belief that the ends justify the means and ultimately success on the pitch is all that matters.    My feet are very firmly in the former camp FWIW. 

Edited by surrey__exile
4 people like this