I'm not buying a season ticket
1 1

88 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ShakeNZ said:

OK, as an expat Shaker now in NZ I find it difficult that supporters are not getting excited enough by the coming season and squad being assembled to buy their season ticket. I'm a regular viewer of this site being stranded on the other side of the world but have never felt the need to comment.  I was a regular supporter home and away from the late eighties til the Warnock days ruined my love affair with the club, Gillingham away over the Xmas period to watching us play a dull 0-0 at Plainmoor Torquay on a Tuesday night,

or watching Adekola score a hatrick at Scarboro etc etc

The squad currently being assembled makes me more excited and hopeful than the Sir Stan Era, I was fortunate enough to witness Kieley's penalty save at Vicarage Rd and the excruciating final minutes before promotion to England's second tier (I REPEAT SECOND TIER!!!). Then came the rewards of beating the likes of City on their own turf. For those who where not fortunate enough to be there it was amazing, little old Bury beating one of Manchester's Giants.

The facts are quite simple,

4 years ago we were on the verge of extinction

Nobody wanted to buy us or bail us out

We were a struggling league 2 team

Other than Nugent we had no Youth production for years

We have as we all know since been under the command of Mr Day, like it or not he has kept this club running for 4 extra years with a promotion to boot. We have an active youth policy that is reaping it's rewards. Why are we worrying about finance's as fans when every game you as a supporter witness is a bonus. Obviously as an expat a season ticket is not an option for me but i'll be watching the live streams at 2am my time having signed up for the live games.

Now is the time to tell your mates at work or the pub, ex Shakers who like me left in their droves with the appointment of Warnock that something good is happening. 

I'm pretty sure that Dawson, O'Shea let alone Lee Clark and the likes would not even consider Bury if they didn't believe they would be paid or that something good was going to happen.

Come on Shakers, this could be our year.

 

 

 

Please post again, excellent summery :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

One thing we can be sure of -the donations to this board are made using real money. Maybe the club should be renamed Bitcoin FC.

Edited by postcorvus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there are great reasons to renew seasons tickets, they are here this year. The prospects of our new signings and the ambition of the club going for it are enough for me. I suppose we all have a choice we can worry all we want about behind the scenes stuff ( lets face it we cant do much about that anyway!) and choose to decline the club of our money  or enjoy watching our club go for it. We have had money worries for decades and still here thankfully!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount of impressive signings is pleasing. My over 60s bucket list for the club has been reduced but I am still hoping for 5 consecutive years in the Championship. Having said that I hope all our under thirties gain a fascination with the National League by 2030.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, surrey__exile said:

The fanbase can simplistically be characterised as being divided into two broad camps.    The first, and I suspect a smallish minority, is concerned not so much with WHAT Day has achieved but HOW he has achieved it.   These fans have grave misgivings about the CCJs, the WUPs, the many broken promises, the contempt for shareholders, and a preference to engage with the moneyed rather than ordinary fans.   The other group, in contrast, is quite happy to effectively brush such matters under the carpet with the belief that the ends justify the means and ultimately success on the pitch is all that matters.    My feet are very firmly in the former camp FWIW. 

 

Surrey, a good response to another good, first post by NZ. However, I feel there is another 'camp' to add to your list. I too am concerned about how we are financing the current project, but on the other hand, what can I do about it anyway? I've supported Bury for 35 years now, and as far as I can remember, apart from the Eaves 'boom' years, we've been skint to the point of nearly going out of existence. I want a club to support over the next 35 years and my son and hopefully grandchildren to follow suit. Is Mr Day putting this at jeopardy? I don't know. But if he is, what can I or you do about it other than try and pick up the pieces if it all goes pear shaped. 

So basically, I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts, really looking forward to next season, let's see where SD & LC can take us, but I have an undercurrent of uncertainty and dread. 

#sittingonthefence.

UTS. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, seasideshaker said:

Surrey, a good response to another good, first post by NZ. However, I feel there is another 'camp' to add to your list. I too am concerned about how we are financing the current project, but on the other hand, what can I do about it anyway? I've supported Bury for 35 years now, and as far as I can remember, apart from the Eaves 'boom' years, we've been skint to the point of nearly going out of existence. I want a club to support over the next 35 years and my son and hopefully grandchildren to follow suit. Is Mr Day putting this at jeopardy? I don't know. But if he is, what can I or you do about it other than try and pick up the pieces if it all goes pear shaped. 

So basically, I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts, really looking forward to next season, let's see where SD & LC can take us, but I have an undercurrent of uncertainty and dread. 

#sittingonthefence.

UTS. 

Good post but irrespective of Bury football club, I will just be glad to last that long :D. I am working on immortality one day at a time!;)

Edited by Tubwash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-8 at 09:58, BuryR said:

I've thought long and hard about buying a season ticket for me and my sons but in the end we will not buy one and pay as and when we go to games next season. I can't in all faith give money to the club when on the one hand they are signing really promising players and putting a team that looks really good together but on the other hand not paying suppliers and getting numerous CCJ's as have been shown recently.  CCJ's are issued when a court of  law makes a decision to award the plaintiff (the supplier) the right to collect money from the club for services rendered. 

I might be the only person that gives a stuff enough to prevent the club getting my money over the summer, but I don't mind it being a one person thing if I think I am doing the right thing. 

You're actually giving the club more money but maybe u have it to burn so fair play 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2017 at 18:23, postcorvus said:

We might have more revenue to avoid CCJs if the club shop opened more than once a month.

we can't, we've just sacked all the staff

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting subject this. Why are we signing good players who are no doubt on good money & then we read that office staff are being made redundant. I don't like reading about CCJ's being awarded against us all the time. For the suppliers it could be the difference between trading & going under.

People rightly complain about us always being last to have new replica kit on sale,  could that be because the suppliers are not willing to trade with us. We seem to have had a few different kit suppliers in the last few seasons, perhaps word has got round?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Domino said:

Interesting subject this. Why are we signing good players who are no doubt on good money & then we read that office staff are being made redundant. I don't like reading about CCJ's being awarded against us all the time. For the suppliers it could be the difference between trading & going under.

People rightly complain about us always being last to have new replica kit on sale,  could that be because the suppliers are not willing to trade with us. We seem to have had a few different kit suppliers in the last few seasons, perhaps word has got round?

I assume all our suppliers have got paid even if late or very late. Their business would have to be in difficulty anyway if our late payment sent them to the wall. I very much doubt that any business has gone under due to our late payment.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the official account on Twitter, the kit supplier will still be Kappa next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Spee said:

According to the official account on Twitter, the kit supplier will still be Kappa next season. 

Had a little dig around on the 'Buy Kits' Twitter page, came across this little snippet of a shirt... Could this be ours?

IMG_2903.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shaker Norra said:

Had a little dig around on the 'Buy Kits' Twitter page, came across this little snippet of a shirt... Could this be ours?

IMG_2903.JPG

we've evolved from Synergy to tienergy

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
1 1