Kelvin Etuhu

32 posts in this topic

Oh dear, I fear you've just opened a can of worms with this one!

3 people like this

Really depends which Kelvin you get. The one who tries will be the perfect guard for your back 4, he can tackle well, track runs and pass a ball fairly well. If that Kelvin doesn't turn up, look forward to effectively playing with 10 men, as he slowly jogs around the middle of the pitch, not winning much and playing a lot of poor passes.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Poor man's Yaya Toure.

He looked comfortable in L2 tbf . Don't ever play him full back though. 

Big and athletic but doesn't really use his advantages he has.

Can't shoot for toffee and despite his size is strangely indifferent in the air .

Edited by shakerite66

32 minutes ago, shakerite66 said:

Poor man's Yaya Toure.

He looked comfortable in L2 tbf . Don't ever play him full back though. 

Big and athletic but doesn't really use his advantages he has.

Can't shoot for toffee and despite his size is strangely indifferent in the air .

Spot on, Martyn.  Saw his debut or at least my first view of him was away at Hartlepool in League 2 and thought he was the Yaya Toure of the lower leagues.  He strolled through the game and bossed the midfield.  Sadly didn't see him do it very often after that.

1 person likes this

Maybe have some competition from Flitcroft at Swindon. Another manager that tends to go for tried and tested players. I agree though with the above comments, flatters to deceive. 

Posted (edited)

If Keith curl can motivate him you have a top l2 player that could be worth allot of money. If not then a passenger, there's no middle ground with Kevin. Getting booted out of gigg might just be the kick up the backside / wakeup call he needed..

Edited by MrBistow

Peed his pot full for  me this season and those daft pink boots did not help. Delighted when he disappeared. But, he was an important element in a promoted side and one that more than coped in league 1. With more enthusiasm, effort and gumption he could easily had made a career in the championship. A good signing for a season, especially if it is a one year deal, just don't let him get comfortable.

2 hours ago, Carlislefan said:

Apparently we are after him, What's he like?

His heart isnt in it...and i doubt that will improve on a cold wet night in Cumbria! 

2 people like this

There is a lower league defensive midfielder in there, on his day he can do the job, the frustration is his lack of self motivation.

1 person likes this

What an insult to Yaya! Terrible footballer who hasn't a position.

1 person likes this

He's been picked by same Manager for 5 years.   When said Manager was no longer in football he didn't get picked by the next one.   Simples.  

If your team is winning and playing well he's decent, tackles, wins the ball, 2 yard pass to a better player, if you are getting beat and being dominated he's a waste of time, I'm also told he's got a bad injury which could stop him passing a medical 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Will be an asset if you start the season well but won't get you out of a slump. Expect no more than a handful of great peformances if you sign him.

Edited by postcorvus

14 hours ago, MrBistow said:

If Keith curl can motivate him you have a top l2 player that could be worth allot of money. If not then a passenger, there's no middle ground with Kevin. Getting booted out of gigg might just be the kick up the backside / wakeup call he needed..

Oh and if you sign him don't call him Kevin, he doesn't like it!

1 person likes this

Lead boots, lazy, cant pass, cant tackle, cant shoot.

Did have the odd good game but he is overall terrible.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Despite what some on here might think, if he's motivated you've got a decent defensive midfielder on your hands.  The trick is, of course, to get him motivated!

Just don't expect him to cross the halfway line or he will get a nosebleed, and don't let him shoot unless you want to waste time by losing the ball over the stand.

Oh and he has a weird shuffling run, sort of straight legged with his feet pointing out.  That's when he does actually run of course, so you may not see that ;)

Edited by RaRa
3 people like this

3 hours ago, giggabyte said:

Oh and if you sign him don't call him Kevin, he doesn't like it!

Maybe that's were we went wrong??

For a lot of the matches I have seen I have forgotten/not realised he is on the pitch.  I believe this is strange for a centre midfielder.  That said, good luck Kelvin, you are in our promotion team so we must have been doing something good!

1 person likes this

He can be a match-winner.  However, he loses interest and self-discipline.  He isn't very quick.

2 hours ago, RaRa said:

Despite what some on here might think, if he's motivated you've got a decent defensive midfielder on your hands.  The trick is, of course, to get him motivated!

Just don't expect him to cross the halfway line or he will get a nosebleed, and don't let him shoot unless you want to waste time by losing the ball over the stand.

Oh and he has a weird shuffling run, sort of straight legged with his feet pointing out.  That's when he does actually run of course, so you may not see that ;)

You actually made me laugh there with the feet remark.  Haaaaa 

If you manage to keep him injury free and most of all motivated you will have a decent defensive midfielder player.

Like most have said on here in a winning team he'll do a decent job when the chips are down all best is what I say!, get's caught in possession far too much for me and has tendencies to mugged by the opposition he also dosen't like cold Tuesday night's in the winter months very much a fair weather player.

On 12/06/2017 at 12:35, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

He can be a match-winner.  However, he loses interest and self-discipline.  He isn't very quick.

He's quick at losing interest.

I remember his defence splitting pass leading to a goal at York 3 seasons back....and...erm...that's it.