New Fan
1 1

35 posts in this topic

Watching Bury's a heart thing, true love an addiction if you like, as soon as you start to analize why you do it your reasoning becomes a heap that you can't untangle. 

4 people like this

Welcome to our club Bob I hope you and your family enjoy the ride .Its great being a shakers supporter!

1 person likes this

Welcome to Bob & kids... Your joining a rare breed of Football fan.. only 2000+ die hard fans ... all getting older, so the more the merrier.. !

1 person likes this

Peter Cullen's book is great, but the 17 years since it was published have been such a dramatic period of our history, it really doesn't reflect the fortunes of this mighty club anymore. 

Once James (of forgotten fifteen fame) has finished his Ternent era saga, perhaps we can all persuade him to put those 17 years to words (sorry, James :) )

9 hours ago, Sevilla said:

Peter Cullen's book is great, but the 17 years since it was published have been such a dramatic period of our history, it really doesn't reflect the fortunes of this mighty club anymore. 

Once James (of forgotten fifteen fame) has finished his Ternent era saga, perhaps we can all persuade him to put those 17 years to words (sorry, James :) )

I'll leave that one for Barry P and his photographic memory, thanks all the same.

I won't continue providing a blow by blow account of my new fandom for much longer I promise..... but I have now bought myself a season ticket for next year. My sons are still too young to realistically go to their first game but I thought I would start ahead of them being ready maybe in a couple of seasons time. 

I was a bit surprised that you are sort of allocated a seat that you aren't expected to use. I sat in the main stand when i was last there and didn't love it- preferred a previous visit where I sat in the South stand but others seem to far prefer the main stand. Am I missing something? 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, BurgerBob said:

I won't continue providing a blow by blow account of my new fandom for much longer I promise..... but I have now bought myself a season ticket for next year. My sons are still too young to realistically go to their first game but I thought I would start ahead of them being ready maybe in a couple of seasons time. 

I was a bit surprised that you are sort of allocated a seat that you aren't expected to use. I sat in the main stand when i was last there and didn't love it- preferred a previous visit where I sat in the South stand but others seem to far prefer the main stand. Am I missing something? 

If you sit in the South Stand you are automatically enrolled as a S S M, (South Stand Moaner) and between now and the first game of the season you should practice the historical South Stand chant 'bloody rubbish Bury' this is to be used several times at each game, even if we are beating top of the league 3-0!

Edited by chelford
1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, BurgerBob said:

Bob ,when we get out s/t 's we always have the same seats so we want to use those numbers on the seats. A reserve sticker is applied which means that floating fans don't park on them but go to an unreserved seat. You can normally select your seat if its available at the time of getting your season ticket- you might be as well to find out where your allocated seat is and try to get it changed if its not good for you. Main stand all the time for me as near centre as poss.  

Main stand for me, just for the added entertainment of that block to the right of the dug out constantly barracking opposing managers for absolutely everything - haircuts, weight, dress sense etc etc 

The only trolls that appear on here  come in midget form with long hair attached to key rings.:gunsmilie: