BT reporting bid for Vaughan
1 1

101 posts in this topic

500k, is it just me or is that a complete insult in today's market ?

3 people like this

From a quick look at the football leagues website, I think that if sold for 500k that this would be the biggest fee for a player leaving league one aged over 25 in the last 12 months. 

Not sure what 500k could get and very doubtful about whether it could replace what would be lost. Does the report say what club the bid is from?

16 minutes ago, BurgerBob said:

From a quick look at the football leagues website, I think that if sold for 500k that this would be the biggest fee for a player leaving league one aged over 25 in the last 12 months. 

Not sure what 500k could get and very doubtful about whether it could replace what would be lost. Does the report say what club the bid is from?

No club mentioned, a call from another club transferred to Big Stu's smokey dark room, Big Stu's swivelled round, placed his Havana down and with a gravelly deep Yorkshire accent told bid placer never to disrespect the Bury FC family again ! 

I think "complete insult" is a bit extreme. How much would you value him at?

• Poor injury record
  • One year remaining on his deal

I still suspect he'll be gone come the beginning of the season. If someone can afford to throw £500k at him, they can probably afford to throw £750,000 and that would, likely, be enough.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, RammyShaker said:

I think "complete insult" is a bit extreme. How much would you value him at?

• Poor injury record
  • One year remaining on his deal

I still suspect he'll be gone come the beginning of the season. If someone can afford to throw £500k at him, they can probably afford to throw £750,000 and that would, likely, be enough.

I'd take £750k for him now as the start of the season gets closer his value goes up for me as it becomes harder to replace him so probably £1m

Edited by shaker90

genuinely think we can get £1m for him, any less would be shooting ourselves in the foot

12 months ago I would have said £750,000-£1M but the money out there is insane now, didn't Brentford recently sell an ex-Rochdale striker for 12 million pounds?! Even if we get a million for Vaughan he is probably irreplaceable. 

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, giggabyte said:

12 months ago I would have said £750,000-£1M but the money out there is insane now, didn't Brentford recently sell an ex-Rochdale striker for 12 million pounds?! Even if we get a million for Vaughan he is probably irreplaceable. 

Thing is though Hogan scored 21 in 33 league appearances for Brentford the division above and is still only 25 they were also selling to Villa who they knew have a lot of money, I also believe Hogan had 2 or 3 years left on his deal.

I think hes going to go. Only one year left on his deal and clubs from a higher division are bidding, of course his head is going to be turned.

Vaughan will go if £500,000 is correct.

It was always the plan, I imagine, the moment we got Beckford.

1 person likes this

Still think it's a million light in today's market.

Now we are in a position to say no to offers I would be surprised if he goes for less than a million. 

1 person likes this

If he goes as I expect he will, who's out there to replace him, I can't believe beckford is the chosen one even though he's probably part of the contingency plan

1 hour ago, preston exile said:

Vaughan will go if £500,000 is correct.

It was always the plan, I imagine, the moment we got Beckford.

BT says we have refused £500,000 and stated it is nowhere near our valuation. I don't think we'll let him go for less than £1M. 

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, EUROIAN said:

Still think it's a million light in today's market.

Now we are in a position to say no to offers I would be surprised if he goes for less than a million. 

I don't believe that for a second. Notice how the rhetoric has already shifted from Lee Clark regarding keeping hold of Vaughan in the space of several weeks.

1 person likes this

By releasing the information that we rejected a £500,000 bid for him... is that in a way putting him in the shop window? Telling clubs that we'll 'probably' sell if the deal is higher?

A bid of £1,000,000 is needed to secure any deal I think. Well done to the chairman for sticking by his guns. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, shaker90 said:

Thing is though Hogan scored 21 in 33 league appearances for Brentford the division above and is still only 25 they were also selling to Villa who they knew have a lot of money, I also believe Hogan had 2 or 3 years left on his deal.

Yes, I'm not saying he is worth anything like that! I think 1.5 million is about right. Anyway it is good we are nobody's pushovers anymore if the reports are correct we will not accept anything like half a million. 

1 person likes this

He was the difference between staying up and relegation last year, he could be the difference between promotion or not this season.

With all the service he will get this year I can honestly see him getting 35+, taking that away will need a huge offer. If this is Mr Days thinking our valuation might not be met, but the player may be upset he won't instantly get his career defining contract unless we provide it.. Hmm decisions decisions..

1 minute ago, Spee said:

I don't believe that for a second. Notice how the rhetoric has already shifted from Lee Clark regarding keeping hold of Vaughan in the space of several weeks.

Every player has his price. It is just good we don't sell on the cheap anymore. 

1 minute ago, giggabyte said:

Every player has his price. It is just good we don't sell on the cheap anymore. 

Which was usually to Noblot who constantly circled us like the vultures they are and is one reason I despise them..

45 minutes ago, Spee said:

It's all about perception.  Historically  perception was soft touch

23 minutes ago, EUROIAN said:

It's all about perception.  Historically  perception was soft touch

Indeed it was... and it still remains the case.

Offer him a new two year deal with the promise of a bigger pay rise if the team gets us promoted simple really 

1 person likes this

Just now, heysidays01 said:

Offer him a new two year deal with the promise of a bigger pay rise if the team gets us promoted simple really 

Trouble is another club will offer that pay rise now without such a caveat..

1 minute ago, MrBistow said:

Trouble is another club will offer that pay rise now without such a caveat..

Where's the loyalty these days :) then sell him and cash in in the hope Clarke can find another 25+ striker 

I think he will go and may have even told the club he wants to go. I think the fact we have made it public we have turned £500k down is really saying come and get him.

I do no begrudge him a move and the club probably feel the same.

Its just a case of getting the best price possible for him and I think £750k would do it but personally think he is worth more.