BT reporting bid for Vaughan
1 1

100 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MrBistow said:

Which was usually to Noblot who constantly circled us like the vultures they are and is one reason I despise them..

Cunningham, Lee, Patterson and John Mc****y spring to mind same reason why I also despise them (well one of the reasons and believe me there are plenty)

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, HeapBridgeWhite said:

Cunningham, Lee, Patterson and John Mc****y spring to mind same reason why I also despise them (well one of the reasons and believe me there are plenty)

To be fair, although they both were later transferred to Bolton, Lee went to Southampton from Bury and McGinlay went to Millwall

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, MrBistow said:

Which was usually to Noblot who constantly circled us like the vultures they are and is one reason I despise them..

Sorry but this is just a myth.  

The only 2 players that I can think of who have gone directly from Bury to Bolton are Tony Cunningham and Mark Patterson   -  but I'm sure Sad Anorak will tell me if I'm wrong.

On the other hand I can think of 8 players who have left Bolton to join Bury   -   Joe Riley, Simon Farnworth, Peter Valentine, Steve Elliott, Ronnie Phillips, John Ritson, Brian Pilkington and Gareth Williams   -   not to mention Rob Lainton who we signed after he was released by Bolton, plus at least another that we have had on loan   -   Hayden White, Gregg Wylde, Bryan Small and Ricky Shakes

4 minutes ago, RaRa said:

The only 2 players that I can think of who have gone directly from Bury to Bolton are Tony Cunningham and Mark Patterson   -  but I'm sure Sad Anorak will tell me if I'm wrong.

On the other hand I can think of 8 players who have left Bolton to join Bury   -   Joe Riley, Simon Farnworth, Peter Valentine, Steve Elliott, Ronnie Phillips, John Ritson, Brian Pilkington and Gareth Williams   -   not to mention Rob Lainton who we signed after he was released by Bolton, plus at least another that we have had on loan   -   Hayden White, Gregg Wylde, Bryan Small and Ricky Shakes

Plus Rachubka & Maher!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, RaRa said:

No you are pretty much spot on re going to Bolton. There is the odd one like keeper John Platt and John Ritson, who had come from Bolton, also went back to Bolton.

5 minutes ago, Woodzo's Dad said:

Ray Parry

We signed him from Blackpool.

Edited by Sad Anorak
1 person likes this

i dont think he will go, if we were selling, he would have gone by now, i reckon, he will sign a 2 year extension by start of season

12 minutes ago, singaporeshaker said:

i dont think he will go, if we were selling, he would have gone by now, i reckon, he will sign a 2 year extension by start of season

It would have to be 3yrs ( that's the trend ) at more than double what he's on to keep him happy which is key to onward success.. Basically trying to match the terms of his potential move..

Shouldn't we add Danns to the list Notlob to Bury?

I think the truth is if he goes for less than a million, it will be James Vaughan's choosing. I don't think Day would sanction it otherwise. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, BuryR said:

I think the truth is if he goes for less than a million, it will be James Vaughan's choosing. I don't think Day would sanction it otherwise. 

We would be mad not to accept a high cash bid.  Vaughan is an integral player and his goalscoring feats kept us in League One.  However, he may well have a clause in his contract which enables him to talk to other employers if he is offered more cash.  His form may decline.

More relevantly, we need the money.

33 minutes ago, RNaj1 said:

Shouldn't we add Danns to the list Notlob to Bury?

No, we're all trying to forget about him ever signing!!!!!! (Says the person who mentioned Niall penalty Maher just a few posts ago 😯)

25 minutes ago, singaporeshaker said:

didnt mcginlay go direct to bolton

No I thought he did but he went from us to Millwall then Bolton. 

The key here is he only has 1 year left on contract. Worst case scenario is he stays, we don't get promotion and he leaves for free. As good as he was last season we must sell him for the right fee.

1 person likes this

Unfortunately once a bid is rejected it adds credence to the club trying to keep him and then £750k suddenly is marketed as a good offer. Were we all naïve dreaming of the Vaughan/Beckford partnership.

3 hours ago, david.smithson.58 said:

The key here is he only has 1 year left on contract. Worst case scenario is he stays, we don't get promotion and he leaves for free. As good as he was last season we must sell him for the right fee.

Alternatively, best case scenario is he signs an extension to his contract and either we get more money for him or gets promoted with us (we can dream/hope) then leaves after having scored 30+ goals or even stays as we are in the championship

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Chriso said:

Alternatively, best case scenario is he signs an extension to his contract and either we get more money for him or gets promoted with us (we can dream/hope) then leaves after having scored 30+ goals or even stays as we are in the championship

Hope your right, I cant see him staying unless he does sign a contract extension on improved terms.

Posted (edited)

If we do lose Vaughan, I expect we will make sure a replacement is lined up before he is allowed to go.  The Beckford deal came from nowhere.  If we could find another "potential" gem then it might not be too bad business to take an improved offer for Vaughan if one comes in.  John Akinde at Barnet has had a couple of decent seasons.  He's certainly improved with experience.  80 goals from 134 appearances in the past 3 years.

My only worry with a Vaughan/Beckford partnership is their injury records.  We could very easily lose both to injury.

Edited by UTS

Posted (edited)

to be honest, I read the BT article, as extremely positive, not negative

as it is sending a clear message, we are going to turn down serious money, both to the existing squad and players thinking of signing for us

I don't think we need the money either, as we have the "facility" in place, 

the board are obviously extremely serious about getting us into the Championship, and after Stewie experiencing Wembley with the Huddersfield Board/Box, maybe he will be dreaming of one higher!!!

in the scope of the money being invested,  "half a bar" (million) is small change

as we will have to spend more than that to replace....

finally

flickers deserves a credit for signing him and Clarke the season before... 

Edited by singaporeshaker
1 person likes this

Would be v surprised if there isn't an undisclosed release clause in his contract and I'd be very surprised if it is for more than £1mil. 

22 hours ago, RaRa said:

David Flapper Felgate Noblot to Bury but not taking Sad anorak crown.

6 minutes ago, Flicker said:

Hearing he's gone

Where