BT reporting bid for Vaughan
1 1

100 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, nick01 said:

Yep - and we were incredible between 1900 and 1903.

Yes, but by four minutes past seven we were back to our usual rubbish.

4 people like this

Ipswich now reportedly after Kyle Lafferty so maybe the heat is off for now at least as regards us potentially losing Vaughan - fingers crossed. 

3 hours ago, giggabyte said:

Ipswich now reportedly after Kyle Lafferty so maybe the heat is off for now at least as regards us potentially losing Vaughan - fingers crossed. 

kyle lafferty or james vaughan???   Buy cheap, buy twice

1 person likes this

Some numpty on Twitter saying he will go to Burton for 800k, and Bolton ( yes Bolton ) are interested - when we can pick and choose to an extent the later cannot ever ever happen..

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, MrBistow said:

Some numpty on Twitter saying he will go to Burton for 800k, and Bolton ( yes Bolton ) are interested - when we can pick and choose to an extent the later cannot ever ever happen..

I genuinely believe he won't go for less than a million. 

3 hours ago, EUROIAN said:

I genuinely believe he won't go for less than a million. 

If 500k isn't 'scratching the surface' of what we value him at, then I'd have to agree. £1 million, minimum. 

11 hours ago, MrBistow said:

Bolton are under a transfer embargo.  They can sign players but they aren't allowed to pay any transfer fees or agents' fees, so this is a non-starter.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Flicker said:

He turned down burton to sign for us 

But was probably told we were told to fight for the play offs and came within 2 points of relegation and may have been told by them that they would be happy just staying up, circumstances often change and he may now fancy a move there with training facilities that are better than ours and in a league better than ours closer to his home.

53 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

But was probably told we were told to fight for the play offs and came within 2 points of relegation and may have been told by them that they would be happy just staying up, circumstances often change and he may now fancy a move there with training facilities that are better than ours and in a league better than ours closer to his home.

But Burton are favourites to go down?! We hopefully will be at the right end of the table. 

2 hours ago, shaker90 said:

Agree but there a chance we could be swapping places next season, just maybe 

2 hours ago, giggabyte said:

But Burton are favourites to go down?! We hopefully will be at the right end of the table. 

see both big if's but Vaughan might want to guarantee championship football, with him in form they might be able to secure it next season as well.

30 minutes ago, Flicker said:

Agree but there a chance we could be swapping places next season, just maybe 

Very good chance if Vaughan stays but if he goes I would fancy them to stay up.

1 hour ago, shaker90 said:

see both big if's but Vaughan might want to guarantee championship football, with him in form they might be able to secure it next season as well.

Very good chance if Vaughan stays but if he goes I would fancy them to stay up.

Shyam? Vaughan is hardly prolific at championship level 

Linked again with Ozthumer by a few transfer sites and he'l demand a fee so unless Day is absolutely loaded the Vaughan money will be used bringing in the Turkish Messi.  Straight fight between us and Blackburn they reckon on twitter .

Edited by shakerite66

10 minutes ago, shakerite66 said:

Linked again with Ozthumer by a few transfer sites and he'l demand a fee so unless Day is absolutely loaded the Vaughan money will be used bringing in the Turkish Messi.  Straight fight between us and Blackburn they reckon on twitter .

Come on Blackburn get your man he will link up with Wittingham well.

Edited by shaker90
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, shakerite66 said:

Although I would be gutted to the loose Vaughan ( probably my joint favorite player of all the time I've been supporting along with David Lee ), in business terms it could be another master stroke.

Pay the same for ortzhumer as we get for james, but due to his age he could turn out to have a massive debt wiping , new stadium building sell on..

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, MrBistow said:

Although I would be gutted to the loose Vaughan ( probably my joint favorite player of all the time I've been supporting along with David Lee ), in business terms it could be another master stroke.

Pay the same for ortzhumer as we get for james, but due to his age he could turn out to have a massive debt wiping , new stadium building sell on..

Err no!

Sorry, you need to check about whom you are talking; it is the Turkish Messi, not Lionel Messi of Barcelona.

51 minutes ago, alanlondon said:

Err no!

Sorry, you need to check about whom you are talking; it is the Turkish Messi, not Lionel Messi of Barcelona.

Remember this moment Mr Alanlondon :gunsmilie:

9 hours ago, MrBistow said:

Remember this moment Mr Alanlondon :gunsmilie:

How could I forget!

1 person likes this

From "Transfer News Live" Twitter account....

"Bury have accepted a £1.2 million bid from an unnamed club for striker James Vaughan"

13 minutes ago, WirralShaker said:

From "Transfer News Live" Twitter account....

"Bury have accepted a £1.2 million bid from an unnamed club for striker James Vaughan"

Well if it is true it is a reasonable fee. And we won't be getting  Everton striker Conor McAleney to replace him, he's signed for Fleetwood 

'Transfer news live' account has 18 followers! Not convinced about how reliable that twitter feed is!

Sky Sports guy who reported Jay O'Shea and O Connoll has just tweeted Bristol City for £900k