Feedback Wanted
1 1

106 posts in this topic

Looks nice and clean, much more accessible than previous.

Only issue I've found, how do you sign up for the newsletter for the Ipad competition? No link?

It's bizarrely in the 'follow us' slider thing on the right hand side of the page. I was looking to do the same thing and came across it by accident.

Lovely layout, perhaps just keep the ground photo in the background rather than changing background - makes it a bit more clunky.

Im still seeing the old website
Tried again this morning and still getting the old site.

You probably need to clear your temporary internet files and cookies.

Having no trouble viewing it from the iPad, would love to be able to view the player videos on it as well though, is there any news on a player app or flashless videos? Cheers

Struggling on the iPad, don't have access to a proper computer at the moment as on holiday. When I click on a news story it loops back to the same page I was on previously. Having just checked, it would appear they're all the same link, back to the current page. Have also found the loading to be very sluggish, have double checked other websites to make sure it's not my Internet connection, it's definitely taking some "widgets" longer to load than other. To be expected when deploying such a graphics-heavy web site for the first time.

Looks much better than the old site but is taking an age to load any new pages at the moment. I like the changing backgrounds but not at the expense of page loading time. Seems really easy to navigate around.

Can't get the link to the family fun day to open ? It's all my boys want to know about at present so i can't tell 'em much.

Can't get the link to the family fun day to open ? It's all my boys want to know about at present so i can't tell 'em much.

just re-done that one, give it ten mins

Got the new website and everything looks fine, but I can't log onto Shakers Player?

Don't know if I'm being stupid and registered with a different email address (really don't think so - but this is the problem when you reply on a website to remember your username and password for so long!) but the log in details i have for shakers player are saying I'm not paying for a subscription?

Recipient Reference Date Last Claimed Amount

My bank - PREMIUM TV 40BWGMAVDO 03/07/2012 £4.29 suggests otherwise.

Only thing I can think to do is cancel the DD and sign up again?

Apologies if I have a different username with different email address that i just cant think of at the moment.

Ps. Gordon I have sent a PM regarding a different issue if you see this - thanks.

Don't know if I'm being stupid and registered with a different email address (really don't think so - but this is the problem when you reply on a website to remember your username and password for so long!) but the log in details i have for shakers player are saying I'm not paying for a subscription?

Recipient Reference Date Last Claimed Amount

My bank - PREMIUM TV 40BWGMAVDO 03/07/2012 £4.29 suggests otherwise.

Only thing I can think to do is cancel the DD and sign up again?

Apologies if I have a different username with different email address that i just cant think of at the moment.

Ps. Gordon I have sent a PM regarding a different issue if you see this - thanks.

Can you not just click on "Forgotten username"

Type in the email address's you may have used on each subsequent occasion until you get a response.

Edited by stonekeeper

some great background pics, but you cant see them in the middle because of the blurb and what with the darkened edges it makes it pointless

I think the new site generally looks great, just a couple of things:

- Most of the news items and reports are written over numerous pages - the Radcliffe Borough report is on 4 pages, with barely anything on the 4th! Is there any way of putting news on one page, or at least minimising the amount of times you have to click to read a report?

- Will news reports from the old site be available again in the future? I've tried to look for old news items a couple of times over the last few days, and the link on google just takes you to the new homepage.

Sorry if these things have been mentioned elsewhere!

Edited by alc

I was just about to state the same as alc above, when you read a report you would ideally want it to be on the same page and not have to scroll through 4 pages if this could be looked at it would make it much better. Also if the attendance and travelling shakers fans were noted on the top of the page or bottom as lots of people really like to see the attendance, not always possible straight away I am aware of that.

Extra request please. I have Shakers Player but more than often I don't watch the video interviews and just wait for the text. Could the text not be included on Player, and then released to freeview as well. Appreciate its to get people to sign up to player to delay the release of text, but I'd carry on paying for player (for the commentary, and highlights, and odd interview) without the actual video even if just in text.

when you click on the right arrow on the player profiles, you can't get past Lockwood. Also apparantely Carson has made 5 saves already and on Liam Boswell's profile he is over 16 feet tall. - could be useful this season?

I find it really slow on all browsers regardless of pc/laptop being used. Also find I can't use it from the iPad using safari as it doesn't accept cookies and downloading the app doesn't give anything useful at all as far as I can see (doesn't show friendly fixtures which was what I was after).

I find it really slow on all browsers regardless of pc/laptop being used. Also find I can't use it from the iPad using safari as it doesn't accept cookies and downloading the app doesn't give anything useful at all as far as I can see (doesn't show friendly fixtures which was what I was after).
Can't edit post so just to admit to numptyness on my part. Have now found out where to set the cookies and it works (still slow though)

There are no past match action images up?

If there were any up, where would they be? Also any Wallpapers this season? If so, how are they accessed?

The news items that spread over a couple of pages (not got a problem with this as others have), it seems the very last line is not shown clearly across the pages. Annoyingly so far it seems that the most important bit of info (links etc as with the Jack Pray story) is contained within this area. Sure it something simple to sort.