Feedback Wanted
1 1

106 posts in this topic

All looks a bit cluttered to me. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Without wanting to be unduly critical; this is also a major downside for me.

First impressions very poor - home page far too cluttered.

Tried it for a week and I honestly still think it is very poor.Cluttered, too busy and poorly constructed.

The news items that spread over a couple of pages (not got a problem with this as others have), it seems the very last line is not shown clearly across the pages. Annoyingly so far it seems that the most important bit of info (links etc as with the Jack Pray story) is contained within this area. Sure it something simple to sort.

same for me , keeps me active trying to fill in the blanks.

Looks ok but takes ages to load.

I only ever use it to log into player but due to lack of ipad support, wont be renewing my subscription.

Sorry Gordon, it's about two years early. All the pcs at work and my iPad struggle with it. Looks good but too clunky too large and not currently fit for purpose.

Dearie me, give it a chance! I think it's fine, easier to find what you want to read and much, much better than the old site. The only problem I have is that it's slow to load but presumably this will 'iron itself out' in time.

Dearie me, give it a chance! I think it's fine, easier to find what you want to read and much, much better than the old site. The only problem I have is that it's slow to load but presumably this will 'iron itself out' in time.

Without feedback (as long as it is constructive), Gordon would have a harder job of improving it.

Lots of people stating slow loading times = less resolution on the images/less images = faster loading times.

I'm sure Gordon is looking at the site as a 'beta' at the moment as that is how software developers perfect their product. If everyone said 'give it chance, it's fine' we would have very buggy computers and softwares.

Going to come back on this with a response to everything later today, so that everyone knows where the site stands at the moment

Three things for me:

1) Don't like the overlaid "welcome to Bury FC website on the top" - it is so 1990's!

2) It is very slow to load

3) I don't like how articles are spread over a number of pages - it seems to just be about getting more adverts in...

I would like to see more "free to air" content. It seems as if most interviews with staff & players are aired only on "Player". I understand why this is done - to increase the sale of "Player" subscriptions - but it leads to a situation in which many of the articles published on the main site are commercials. "Player" would be a waste of money for me because I currently get to about 90% of the games.

At the moment, we are unable to put video on the new version of the site, however, it is my aim to make sure all video interviews that go onto the player, are then transcribed into text versions within 24 hours. We are currently seeking volunteers to work with me on the site and programme - once we have selected from the many applications, then this will become part of the new roles we have.

I still pay (about £4pm) despite going to the games. For me ... the value for money, although still reasonable, has decreased significantly in the last year. The odd interesting interview makes it worth it for me.

See above post ref the media volunteers - more hands means more time on other items - player is one such item that I feel we have to improve on, not just the bog standard interview, but features, extended highlights etc etc - at the moment, I just do not have the time to devote to it.

All of the links on the Youth Team section currently redirect to the home page

Should now be fixed, though content is lacking due to new details coming to me from the youth dept, that should change this week hopefully

If I could beg for one change - the font!! Urgh, it looks like a 5-yr-old's primary school text book :-( and it seems to stretch the page vertically. A different font would use up less room so you could get more info before scrolling. Also, instead of plain white background, maybe a light blue or grey would be easier on the eye?

Font is a known issue, and probably one of several topics that are moaned about on a daily basis. It is due to be sorted, but is not seen as a major issue at the moment

That "follow us" tab on the right hand side that appears to move (but actually doesn't) when you scroll down the page is really annoying!

Agreed, I've asked for a change, waiting for feedback from them - again, not seen as a major issue at the moment

Having trouble accessing from the iPad not sure if it's a cookie issue or not as I can't get past the initial splash screen

Had the same problem on mine, though it has got better in recent days. The site uses JAVA rather than flash, it may be a java issue. I've raised an issue with the support desk and will post the respionse when received

First impressions very poor - home page far too cluttered

Honestly think its a vast improvement with the old site, and less 'advert' on the hme page, its a lot more club orientated

struggling to view on iphone. is there a mobile version at all?

Major bone of contention with all clubs. No mobile version at the moment. The aim is to launch all 87 sites and then work on the mobile version, though it is in development now. Expected go live date for the new mobile site is early september - which to me, isnt good enough.

Got the new website and everything looks fine, but I can't log onto Shakers Player?

The main site and shakers player are now two sperate websites - the player site is on a totally different platform than the new site

some great background pics, but you cant see them in the middle because of the blurb and what with the darkened edges it makes it pointless

The back ground images are a key part of the new site, obviously its best viewed on a wide screen monitor. Not everyone has a wide screen monitor. I spoke to somebody yesterday who didnt even know about the background images because they dont have a widescreen monitor. At the moment, the images I am uploading for the background are quite small, not very heavy is dimensions and do seem to be working ok.

Most of the news items and reports are written over numerous pages - the Radcliffe Borough report is on 4 pages, with barely anything on the 4th! Is there any way of putting news on one page, or at least minimising the amount of times you have to click to read a report?

This is a known problem, requests have been made for this to change and a fix ias currently being worked on

Will news reports from the old site be available again in the future? I've tried to look for old news items a couple of times over the last few days, and the link on google just takes you to the new homepage.

Yes, but no date on timescale at the moment. Let me know what your looking for and I will dig it out and make sure it goes on

I was just about to state the same as alc above, when you read a report you would ideally want it to be on the same page and not have to scroll through 4 pages if this could be looked at it would make it much better. Also if the attendance and travelling shakers fans were noted on the top of the page or bottom as lots of people really like to see the attendance, not always possible straight away I am aware of that.

Noted, will bear that in mind for the new season

Extra request please. I have Shakers Player but more than often I don't watch the video interviews and just wait for the text. Could the text not be included on Player, and then released to freeview as well. Appreciate its to get people to sign up to player to delay the release of text, but I'd carry on paying for player (for the commentary, and highlights, and odd interview) without the actual video even if just in text.

See the first para above

when you click on the right arrow on the player profiles, you can't get past Lockwood. Also apparantely Carson has made 5 saves already and on Liam Boswell's profile he is over 16 feet tall. - could be useful this season?

The profiles feature on the home page is a known issue and a fix is being worked on. The 'Carson five save' is a point I have raised and they tell me its last seasons stat. I've raised a ticket for this to be corrected for this season. All the giant players have now been fixed

There are no past match action images up?

Probably my biggest frustration in the whole thing. We cannot download old images from the old site, unless we do it one at a time. There are over 80,000 images on the old site. I've asked for all the images to be burnt to DVD and sent to me, still waiting for a response.

At the moment, match action images can only be assigned to a match report or a player profile. Pre-season games are not classed as proper games so they are not on the fixture database. They do appear on the fixture list but any report linking to them is just a plain old news item. It is currently not possible to assign an image gallery to a news item, that is a known issue, a fix is being worked on and we hope to have it in place this week.

Martin supplies me with anythong from 150 images to 800 images a game, I have ten years worth and do not have the time to sit and edit them all again. If I can get the DVD mentioned above, then it makes it a lot easier. The plan is to edit over the course of the season and get as many of the old galleries back onto the new database

I find it really slow on all browsers regardless of pc/laptop being used

This is a known issue and is being worked on now. Its the second highest project for Sapient Nitro next to getting all sites live before the end of the month.

The news items that spread over a couple of pages (not got a problem with this as others have), it seems the very last line is not shown clearly across the pages. Annoyingly so far it seems that the most important bit of info (links etc as with the Jack Pray story) is contained within this area. Sure it something simple to sort.

Known issue and fix being worked on

excellent post. I've noticed a vast improvement in the site since it went live. There is more to come, it will take time, but its getting there

Without feedback (as long as it is constructive), Gordon would have a harder job of improving it.

Lots of people stating slow loading times = less resolution on the images/less images = faster loading times.

I'm sure Gordon is looking at the site as a 'beta' at the moment as that is how software developers perfect their product. If everyone said 'give it chance, it's fine' we would have very buggy computers and softwares.

absolutely spot on

One of the biggest issues I have is the scrolling area on the top of the home page - its called the hero carousel. There is no need whatsoever for the three stats areas that are there. The first, games played etc etc - is absolutely pointless. The next match I can understand, but not with such a large time span before the game is played, and the same for the last match report when you scroll through.

I've asked for all of those to be removed, leaving us with more space for items that matter. At the moment you load the site and see two stories, most people will not bother scrolling through and move onto other sites. Its a bone of contention, but the change is coming.

Another gripe of mine is the stats menu - its pointless. Two links in there - one can be moved to the fixtures section and the other moved to the players section. This would then free up an entire menu area that I can fill with club history and utilise a complete menu section, rather than just two options - its a waste of space.

Development is still ongoing. There are rumours that they will take over the player site from next season, if the rumours are true, then I hope they move away from flash - its killing the tablet market. For me, commentary over iPad, iPhone, Android or whatever tablet you use is a must.

The xbox will get full internet access later this year, I beleive play stations already do - thats a new market that must be looked at for player.

I beleive player is already lagging behind everything else, because its a flash based system. The point has been raised by many clubs on numerous occasions, and it needs to improve.

Out website last season has brought in a high end five figure sum to the club in terms of revenue. Only two league one sides bettered it. Only four championship sides bettered it. The website has become a good revenue earner for the club but ehre is so much scope for improvement. Once everything falls into place, then it will become better.

The media opportunity for volunteers will greatly enhanc what we do with the site, with player and then onto the programme

It is getting there, a little slower than I'd like, but it is getting there

Many thanks for the feedback. Sapient are aware of it, they have even registered on here and monitor this page on a daily basis, please keep it coming

Will news reports from the old site be available again in the future? I've tried to look for old news items a couple of times over the last few days, and the link on google just takes you to the new homepage.

Yes, but no date on timescale at the moment. Let me know what your looking for and I will dig it out and make sure it goes on

Thanks for the many answers Gordon, must have taken ages! I wasn't looking for anything important really, I think it was just a couple of old match reports but it doesn't matter now. If I have any requests I will let you know. Thanks again.

I don't like change. I prefered the old site, easier to navigate. I have trouble pinning down todays news feed.

Edited by preston exile

Personally I don't like it - understand that all league clubs have the same one. It is very slow and too fussy by far. 4/10

I find it a bit annoying when clicking on a news item that a picture of the ground flashes up before being taken to the news item. Then when I get to the news item its sometime a video interview on SP that I don't have rather than text version. I seem to remember the old site distinguished between the two.

I find it a bit annoying when clicking on a news item that a picture of the ground flashes up before being taken to the news item. Then when I get to the news item its sometime a video interview on SP that I don't have rather than text version. I seem to remember the old site distinguished between the two.

bfc update messages to the board.

I would appreciate it if they had (sp) in the title so i could save time. i.e not bother clicking "More" then waiting for the club shop advert to appear then clicking "enter" and discovering it is not a message for me to read. :~)

Our wonderful web page also states that the next match is Boro at home.

Might ruffle a few feathers . . . I don't really like the layout of the new site, and the read more half way through each article is a pain. Speaking to a couple of other fans yesterday who raised it also that they didn't like the new layout either. Maybe it is an age thing?

[. Maybe it is an age thing?

Thanks for your reply. I really am turned off the web site. totally puerile format and that league table saying 3rd place. too old for this sort of thing now

All the other clubs have the same layout. It's just not fit for purpose at the moment. Which is sad because it's so tedious waiting to enter the site that I just don't bother with it anymore.. Seriously may stop my subscription.

Might ruffle a few feathers . . . I don't really like the layout of the new site, and the read more half way through each article is a pain. Speaking to a couple of other fans yesterday who raised it also that they didn't like the new layout either. Maybe it is an age thing?

Can't see it being an age thing as I'm 18 and not a fan of the new site either, it's just really slow and difficult to navigate around. The layout looks much better and I'm guessing the site would be good if the problems with it were sorted, but for now I prefer the old site.