And we're off...
1 1

506 posts in this topic

...Dave Robertson sacked as Peterborough Manager - signed a 3 year contract in May, sacked in September!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34168377

For the money Peterborough have spent, in the region of 4m, you'd expect them to be performing better than they been in fairness but perhaps a tad early to be replacing him.

I must say last season when they did appoint him I didn't think he'd last too long. Surely not Darren Ferguson again!?

peterbro' manager sacked...

Ha.. didn't see this thread at first..R11..

What odds for either DF or NA,

Maybe a certain Mr clough may have a try...

If so a cup run would be on the cards maybe

...Dave Robertson sacked as Peterborough Manager - signed a 3 year contract in May, sacked in September!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34168377

Did he used to be a Marine? Not that it has much relevance to the thread...I was just intrigued with his professional background & unusual entry into professional football...picked up when I watched/listened to him on the FL Show last night.

Dickov sacked at Donny.

Embarrassing and utterly shameful that he should lose his job only 4 weeks after a terrific act of sportsmanship.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Barnsley manager added to the list if their results don't pick up soon, it can't be far off given how trigger happy they are as a club.

Producing drivel like below can't be helping his cause either, "Corridor of Confusion" indeed. Thought it was a simple game.

http://www.scienceandfootball.com/Uploads/sf-presentation---lee-johnson--nathan-winderpdf.pdf

Producing drivel like below can't be helping his cause either, "Corridor of Confusion" indeed. Thought it was a simple game

That could have been left in a drawer of the manager's desk by a previous incumbent.

Embarrassing and utterly shameful that he should lose his job only 4 weeks after a terrific act of sportsmanship.

Football isn't about sportsmanship its about winning.

Feel the same way.

Feel the exact opposite! He's a terrible manager with a terrible record while playing terrible football. It was hardly an act of sportsmanship, he more did what was expected and what was necessary. Imagine the outcry if he had decided to just win the game in that way, he'd have been sacked sooner!

Feel the exact opposite! He's a terrible manager with a terrible record while playing terrible football. It was hardly an act of sportsmanship, he more did what was expected and what was necessary. Imagine the outcry if he had decided to just win the game in that way, he'd have been sacked sooner!

It was 100% an act of sportmanship, regardless of his managerial skills or lack thereof

Ok, an act of sportsmanship which he had little choice in whether to act out or not.

Course he had a choice. Obviously if he had taken another option the reaction would have been interesting to say the least but he had a choice.

Ok, an act of sportsmanship which he had little choice in whether to act out or not.

He had a choice. First game of the season and a chance to get 3 points straight away, or doing the right thing? I guess we all have different opinions about the game however it isn't always about winning at all costs IMO. Suffice to say that it actually made the news, which was a a big positive for league football. Maybe Donny's owners saw this act as a character flaw, who knows? However I'd rather have a Manager who didn't encourage his team to cheat their way to victory, and we've played against one or two of those clubs in the past to our cost. Give me integrity any day ;-)

It was a good act of Sportsmanship but it was also the obvious thing to do.

He took over Donny when they were in the Championship, couldn't save them from relegation. They had a pretty poor season last year and haven't started this one well. Not worth going a few more weeks of bad results because he was a good sport.

Darren Kelly out at Oldham

One win in seven - which is exactly where we were heading at one point today - but only two months in the job, it's not like they're following on from disappointing results of last season.

Sounds like a cheap replacement lined up as no applications are being sought and all other staff remain as was