"It's that time of year again"
2 2

122 posts in this topic

The draw for the first round of the FA Cup is due to take place next week.

Should Clark take the competition seriously?

Would it be better for us if we drew a lowly team at home?.  Or would people prefer an interesting away tie which might add excitement to a poor season?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

The draw for the first round of the FA Cup is due to take place next week.

Should Clark take the competition seriously?

Would it be better for us if we drew a lowly team at home?.  Or would people prefer an interesting away tie which might add excitement to a poor season?.

I'd prefer a run with a plumb away tie in round three. I'd be much happier as I'd be safe in the knowledge that our joke of a board wouldn't be able to pathetically ruin a good home tie as they did the Hull game before a ball had been kicked. 

A team from the dregs of none league at home would be much better in round one. Surely Clark wouldn't be able to muck that one up before. 

Edited by Barry P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

The draw for the first round of the FA Cup is due to take place next week.

Should Clark take the competition seriously?

Would it be better for us if we drew a lowly team at home?.  Or would people prefer an interesting away tie which might add excitement to a poor season?.

Anyone at home or one of the lowest ranked teams away.

We should defo take it seriously; good prize money to be had:

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/prize-fund

And that's before we draw Arsenal away in the 5th round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry P said:

I'd prefer a run with a plumb away tie in round three. I'd be much happier as I'd be safe in the knowledge that our joke of a board wouldn't be able to pathetically ruin a good home tie as they did the Hull game before a ball had been kicked. 

A team from the dregs of none league at home would be much better in round one. Surely Clark wouldn't be able to muck that one up before. 

if I was as angry and despondent as your post suggests I would get a three months sick note from BFC  and see where we are then.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to go as far as we can to get as much money as possible.

If we can draw a real low league dire club / team like a Tranmere or a Stockport county ( ya know, the clubs who don't have a Mr Day type figure that came to the rescue ) then we have the best chance of shaking the serious money tree..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tubwash said:

if I was as angry and despondent as your post suggests I would get a three months sick note from BFC  and see where we are then.

I am comparable to that addict, hates his addiction but keeps coming back for that hi I reached in 1997. 

That aside I am not going to give up the things I love on matchday, the stands, the atmosphere, crap as it is at the moment, bovril, meeting the lads, the pub (pre match there is something special about it), the buzz of the win, the cheer of the crowd etc all because I hugely despise the way that we are being ran. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MrBistow said:

We need to go as far as we can to get as much money as possible.

If we can draw a real low league dire club / team like a Tranmere or a Stockport county ( ya know, the clubs who don't have a Mr Day type figure that came to the rescue ) then we have the best chance of shaking the serious money tree..

Stockport had a millionaire owner in Brian Kennedy...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't trust Clark to get us past anyone. Could easily see us being embarrassed by a non-league team under him.

We need Bradford to give us a real good pasting tomorrow so, hopefully, he'll be gone before the first round proper even takes place.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

Stockport had a millionaire owner in Brian Kennedy...!

Only interested in the rugby though. I am pretty certain Tranmere's oweners have (actual) money as well, it was a couple of bad managerial appointments that lead them to the conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RammyShaker said:

I don't trust Clark to get us past anyone. Could easily see us being embarrassed by a non-league team under him.

We need Bradford to give us a real good pasting tomorrow so, hopefully, he'll be gone before the first round proper even takes place.

 

Whilst the two week break and the fact we are playing Bradford has stopped me feeling this apathetic, an early away goal and negative lineup will soon switch me back. Some will criticise fans for thinking like this but I think it merely just paints what a sorry mess this manager has made of a good team when dedicated fans such as us are declaring apathy towards big games like tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RammyShaker said:

I don't trust Clark to get us past anyone. Could easily see us being embarrassed by a non-league team under him.

We need Bradford to give us a real good pasting tomorrow so, hopefully, he'll be gone before the first round proper even takes place.

 

Yeah but the massive positive for you is Clark doesn't put his hands in his pocket !! Go watch Rammy united ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

The draw for the first round of the FA Cup is due to take place next week.

Should Clark take the competition seriously?

Would it be better for us if we drew a lowly team at home?.  Or would people prefer an interesting away tie which might add excitement to a poor season?.

Bury simply have to get passage to the third round this time by whatever means possible. Lee Clark has a duty to take the competition very seriously given the financial benefits involved and the club and its fans desperately need a cup run and more simply, something to shout about this season.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrBistow said:

Yeah but the massive positive for you is Clark doesn't put his hands in his pocket !! Go watch Rammy united ..

I'll stick with Bury, thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry P said:

Whilst the two week break and the fact we are playing Bradford has stopped me feeling this apathetic, an early away goal and negative lineup will soon switch me back. Some will criticise fans for thinking like this but I think it merely just paints what a sorry mess this manager has made of a good team when dedicated fans such as us are declaring apathy towards big games like tomorrow.

Could feel that from your posts :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

Anyone at home or one of the lowest ranked teams away.

We should defo take it seriously; good prize money to be had:

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/prize-fund

And that's before we draw Arsenal away in the 5th round.

Oh I take it back, that fixture I would want at home as it could be, by the tiniest, minutest chance (and with a competent manager) be possible for us to get a result. Oh that would be so much fun lording it up over the armchair Arsenal in laws who live five minutes from Gigg Lane. xDxDxD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jonathanmvd said:

Could feel that from your posts :)

In our defence the likes of me and Rammy want defeats as in the long run it will be more beneficial for Bury FC IMO. Forgetting my off field concerns this team will never push the top six in a million years with the current manager in charge. Unless of course Clark proves me wrong tomorrow of course and I see some good, attractive, attacking football and we produce an entertaining display.....sorry I appreciate that I have an overactive imagination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

The draw for the first round of the FA Cup is due to take place next week.

Should Clark take the competition seriously?

Would it be better for us if we drew a lowly team at home?.  Or would people prefer an interesting away tie which might add excitement to a poor season?.

1. Yes - the oldest and the best competition in the game.

2. Yes.

3. Probably the latter.  Tbh right now, I wouldn't bank on our winning a match against any of our non league neighbours even if we fielded our 'first 11' (whoever they may be!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Barry P said:

I'd prefer a run with a plumb away tie in round three. I'd be much happier as I'd be safe in the knowledge that our joke of a board wouldn't be able to pathetically ruin a good home tie as they did the Hull game before a ball had been kicked. 

A team from the dregs of none league at home would be much better in round one. Surely Clark wouldn't be able to muck that one up before. 

Its great that you think we are up there in the realms of the football league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2