The Secret Billionaire.
2 2

39 posts in this topic

Oft mentioned by those in the know, (😉) , as our secret benefactor, John Whittaker major shareholder in the company, Intu, which owns the Trafford Centre, amongst others, has been taken over in a  £3.4 billion deal. Time for another begging letter SD?

4 minutes ago, shakerite66 said:

Probably never even heard of Bury F.C and if hes made his money through shrewd investment he's not going to get involved in our mess I'm sure .

75 year old John Whittaker was born in Bury, played Rugby for Bury Rugby club and is currently a tax evader in the Isle of Man. Bury F.C. have over the years sent him a number of begging letters, but it is not known if he ever replied.  He is the Chairman of the Peel Group (named after Peel Mill in Bury that his father use to own).

I understood from some Bury fan on here that use to play Rugby with him that he hated Association Football.

1 hour ago, shakerite66 said:

Probably never even heard of Bury F.C and if hes made his money through shrewd investment he's not going to get involved in our mess I'm sure .

I can assure you he has. Gigg lane is one hell of chunk of collateral! Nudge Nudge wink wink!

14 minutes ago, bullockballamos said:

I can assure you he has. Gigg lane is one hell of chunk of collateral! Nudge Nudge wink wink!

Come on then, spill the beans...! ;) How much collateral for starters and what for? 

One thing for certain, i bet Mr Whittaker/The Peel Group havent had any WUPs. :)

Edited by R11 BFC

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Unless Peel Holdings plan to extend the Ship Canal up to Bury and create Gigg Quays,  I can't think why they would seek to tie in with Bury FC.

BBA is ITK with Mr T...so let's see. ;)

1 hour ago, R11 BFC said:

Come on then, spill the beans...! ;) How much collateral for starters and what for? 

One thing for certain, i bet Mr Whittaker/The Peel Group havent had any WUPs. :)

Cannot reveal my sauces!! :grin:  but look at the bigger picture - effectively a new town, shops, dwellings, gyms, cinemas and .................................................... possibly something that might accommodate a local football club? Leaving a chunk of real estate between Starkies and Gigg lane that can be used for development.

3 minutes ago, bullockballamos said:

Cannot reveal my sauces!! :grin:  but look at the bigger picture - effectively a new town, shops, dwellings, gyms, cinemas and .................................................... possibly something that might accommodate a local football club? Leaving a chunk of real estate between Starkies and Gigg lane that can be used for development.

You've lost me! I thought you were talking about the value of Gigg and now you're talking about a new town! 

If it comes off I'll show my arse on the Town Hall Steps. Shaker90 make a mental note! :asshole:

I know you know someone high up at BFC...so send me a PM. 

How much do you think Gigg is worth btw, after demolition of the ground and removing everything?

2 hours ago, DR_PAUL said:

75 year old John Whittaker was born in Bury, played Rugby for Bury Rugby club and is currently a tax evader in the Isle of Man. Bury F.C. have over the years sent him a number of begging letters, but it is not known if he ever replied.  He is the Chairman of the Peel Group (named after Peel Mill in Bury that his father use to own).

I understood from some Bury fan on here that use to play Rugby with him that he hated Association Football.

He's a yernited supporter.   

5 minutes ago, UTS said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that he supports Liverpool.

He's a yernited fan, he once bet on the result of a united v Juventus match with an Italian marble supplier and saved a fortune on the cost of the marble for the Trafford Centre.

Edited by RaRa

30 minutes ago, RaRa said:

He's a yernited fan, he once bet on the result of a united v Juventus match with an Italian marble supplier and saved a fortune on the cost of the marble for the Trafford Centre.

Ha ha ha classic. Is that urban myth still doing the rounds. Haven't heard it in years .

3 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

You've lost me! I thought you were talking about the value of Gigg and now you're talking about a new town! 

If it comes off I'll show my arse on the Town Hall Steps. Shaker90 make a mental note! :asshole:

I know you know someone high up at BFC...so send me a PM. 

How much do you think Gigg is worth btw, after demolition of the ground and removing everything?

Make sure you are wearing nice socks!😂😂

Edited by bullockballamos
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bullockballamos said:

Make sure you are wearing nice socks!😂😂

Nah...I'll even go the full monty! 

Have you PM'd me?

15 hours ago, Bowks said:

Ha ha ha classic. Is that urban myth still doing the rounds. Haven't heard it in years .

You've obviously not read his profile in the Financial Times then?  

Although to be fair to you, I do accept that that would be highly unlikely   -   there aren't many pictures and there's nothing to colour in ...........  ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, bullockballamos said:

What colour are them straws you are clutching at?

1 hour ago, LondonWhite said:

What colour are them straws you are clutching at?

Gold!!!! :grin: The biggest problem is planning permission. It took Brentford five years to get approval for their development and it still hasn't started.

I reckon 2020 before it even starts, subject to permission of course.