The Secret Billionaire.
2 2

39 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, bullockballamos said:

Gold!!!! :grin: The biggest problem is planning permission. It took Brentford five years to get approval for their development and it still hasn't started.

I reckon 2020 before it even starts, subject to permission of course.

Didn't Mr Day say the ground would be ready for 2019? xD

Anyway, more to the point...where's my PM?!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, surrey__exile said:

You should have put a warning on that link. I don't like grinning Geordies! 

Is it not a typo?! To give benefit of the doubt. Hilarious if not. Because, if reported correctly, 9 months ago the BT was reporting we'd be playing in a new ground by August 2018. What a total embarrassment...unless they were meaning in Salford. 

Surely nobody fell for that bollocks (pun unintended!). Must admit, I thought the original target was 2019/20...so missed it or more than likely went in one ear and out the other. There's a Fans Forum overdue isn't there? Good question for FB to ask too.

Maybe BBA has rounded it up even further?!

I'd put the chances of this happening between zero and 1%...and I'm talking ever happening. 

Happy to show my arse if proved wrong! 

Edited by R11 BFC

1 hour ago, R11 BFC said:

You should have put a warning on that link. I don't like grinning Geordies! 

Is it not a typo?! To give benefit of the doubt. Hilarious if not. Because, if reported correctly, 9 months ago the BT was reporting we'd be playing in a new ground by August 2018. What a total embarrassment...unless they were meaning in Salford. 

Surely nobody fell for that bollocks (pun unintended!). Must admit, I thought the original target was 2019/20...so missed it or more than likely went in one ear and out the other. There's a Fans Forum overdue isn't there? Good question for FB to ask too.

Maybe BBA has rounded it up even further?!

I'd put the chances of this happening between zero and 1%...and I'm talking ever happening. 

Happy to show my arse if proved wrong! 

You certainly know how to put a fella off his tea! ;) 

13 minutes ago, still running man said:

You certainly know how to put a fella off his tea! ;) 

Run out of likes/laughs Ian...soz, but fair play, excellent work. xD

I hope Janet is busy baking cakes for Saturday btw...especially the chocolate peanut butter one. :)

15 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

What do you want to know? I am getting worried that  PM is a euphemism for something rude!!:grin:

Edited by bullockballamos

2 hours ago, bullockballamos said:

What do you want to know? I am getting worried that PM is a euphemism for something rude!! :grin:

See earlier in this thread and no it's not (you must have a dirty mind!), it's Astley who does stuff like that! I'm a good Christian boy. :innocent:

To help you out:

BBA: I can assure you he has. Gigg lane is one hell of chunk of collateral! Nudge Nudge wink wink!

R11: Come on then, spill the beans...! How much collateral for starters and what for? One thing for certain, i bet Mr Whittaker/The Peel Group havent had any WUPs. 

BBA: Cannot reveal my sauces!! But look at the bigger picture - effectively a new town, shops, dwellings, gyms, cinemas and...possibly something that might accommodate a local football club? Leaving a chunk of real estate between Starkies and Gigg lane that can be used for development.

R11: You've lost me! I thought you were talking about the value of Gigg and now you're talking about a new town! If it comes off I'll show my arse on the Town Hall Steps. Shaker90 make a mental note! I know you know someone high up at BFC...so send me a PM. How much do you think Gigg is worth btw, after demolition of the ground and removing everything?

I'm guessing your info is from Mr D, his sidekick Mr T or possibly even Mr S. If you dont want to answer the above on here, then send me a Private Message...and i'll leave you in peace. Coz i'm now worried that you're just guessing or basing it on baseless rumour as Qwerty would say! 

Edited by R11 BFC
  • Like 1

Pity if the stadium doesn't materialise, was looking forward to see which celeb would be lined up to cut the ribbon. My money would be on Chico,(Chico Time), Slimane or Dominic Littlewood.

22 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

There’s nothing to worry about. As these exclusive pictures can reveal, the stadium is already under construction. Actually, it’s almost finished!... 

4032178A-4DCD-4DBA-85C5-87768FF690D9.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

There’s nothing to worry about. As these exclusive pictures can reveal, the stadium is already under construction. Actually, it’s almost finished!... 

4032178A-4DCD-4DBA-85C5-87768FF690D9.jpeg

Haha. Foundations dont look good though. Plus, we still have a shitty walkway where the South Stand is...or is that stand under construction OR even worse, is it gonna end up a 3 sided Oxford thingy coz we've run out of money and not paid the contractors?! >:(

29 minutes ago, Ksouthstand said:

The junction 18 link road and annex developments first 😉 

1 minute ago, Ksouthstand said:

19 - wouldn't let me edit 

Says the man ITK! ;)

I like your avatar btw, very thought provoking.