Ex-Oxford Trio

11 posts in this topic

I suppose it's obvious what I'm hear to talk about... firstly would like to say I'm not here to troll, though that even though we were sh*t up at your place you looked like a decent team so it's a surprise to see where you are now. Hopefully it's a good game (better from my viewpoint) next week.

I've been keeping half an eye on the three lads that came over from us last season and I guess it's fair to say none of them have become fan favourites? I just find it odd that all three have been so bad, Skarz and Edwards were really consistent for us and you know what we think about Mags. So what I ask is: Have all three been that bad or are some fans just being pessimistic?

Any opinion appreciated 

Edited by OUFCFan

4 minutes ago, OUFCFan said:

I suppose it's obvious what I'm hear to talk about... firstly would like to say I'm not here to troll, though that even though we were sh*t up at your place you looked like a decent team so it's a surprise to see where you are now. Hopefully it's a good game (better from my viewpoint) next week.

I've been keeping half an eye on the three lads that came over from us last season and I guess it's fair to say none of them have become fan favourites? I just find it odd that all three have been so bad, Skarz and Edwards were really consistent for us and you know what we think about Mags. So what I ask is: Have all three been that bad or are some fans just being pessimistic?

Any opinion appreciated 

Skarz has hardly played, Edwards has been poor and hasn’t bonded with the fans (he refuses to acknowledge the fans before or after games), and to be blunt Maguire has been a major disappointment. He looks lazy and disinterested, not what we need in our predicament, and again it’s true to say that the fans haven’t taken to him. 

I don’t think many Bury fans would be disappointed to see all 3 of  them leave 

10 minutes ago, OUFCFan said:

Any opinion appreciated 

Tbf Skarz hasnt had much of a chance. As for the other 2, they're a disgrace (Edwards ability wise), Maguire (attitude wise)...i'll bring them down with with me next Saturday if you want, free of charge and you can have them all back!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OUFCFan said:

Any opinion appreciated 

Btw your tag of 'and 1 more' for 'Mags' sums him up...we dont take kindly to lazy players, who tell supporters to F Off up here. My most disliked player of our current crop of garbage, a shame because he has some talent but he doesnt want to be here...couldnt even make the 18 at Plymouth last week. Our Manager wants rid, so please, please come in for him this transfer window. #dontmugmeoff xD

All 3 have flopped . 

Skarz is well past his sell by date .

Edwards is slower than anyone in our squad 

Maguire looks a player but has totally flattered to deceive , His one good performance came against you's.

Says a lot about the guy.

Skarz should never have come back.Edwards is shit and Maguire has an attitude problem and thinks he is way way better than he actually is.

Interesting, I was thinking that some fans would have been defending them! Skarz was a player who always gave 101% so can't see him having the same problems as Maguire, but I would have said the same about Edwards. With regard to him, I suppose if pace is the issue then this season is just one too much for him (he has played 40+ games consecutively for 4 seasons).

Maguire: I am really surprised. You've probably seen the reaction of us when he left, I don't think you'd have found a fan who wanted him to go. One thing I can think of is that his good form for us was with Appleton managing (the two got on well apparently + he was a great coach) and in a team doing alright where he was the main man and fan favourite. If he's getting stick from the opposition fans he's good, but not if it comes from his own. Think he just wants to be loved, but I understand that there's not much of that going round in your position (again, not mocking just saying).

Cheers for the opinions, hope to see you and those three next week.

Skarz was average last time we had him, seems to have lost pace but has been injured and hardly played, been asked to play Centre half at times which doesn't really suit him. I still think he's a decent back up left back which is what he was signed for. 

Edwards was for me a really solid signing. We had issues finding a RB last season and I thought he would fill the void. I don't think he has been as bad as some suggest although he seems to have taken fans abuse to heart and lately his performances have been poor. He either needs taking out of the firing line or moving on. 

Maguire has become number one in my list of most disliked players. Loads of ability and every now and again shows real quality but mainly just saunters through games without breaking sweat. I don't think either Clark or Lucketti know where to play him really. Been tried as a wide player, striker, number 10 and just massively flatters to deceive. Will be on big money too I would think. Will no doubt go to his next club and be excellent because you can see he has the talent. 

39 minutes ago, OUFCFan said:

Interesting, I was thinking that some fans would have been defending them! Skarz was a player who always gave 101% so can't see him having the same problems as Maguire, but I would have said the same about Edwards. With regard to him, I suppose if pace is the issue then this season is just one too much for him (he has played 40+ games consecutively for 4 seasons).

Maguire: I am really surprised. You've probably seen the reaction of us when he left, I don't think you'd have found a fan who wanted him to go. One thing I can think of is that his good form for us was with Appleton managing (the two got on well apparently + he was a great coach) and in a team doing alright where he was the main man and fan favourite. If he's getting stick from the opposition fans he's good, but not if it comes from his own. Think he just wants to be loved, but I understand that there's not much of that going round in your position (again, not mocking just saying).

Cheers for the opinions, hope to see you and those three next week.

Chris has the ability but clearly needs a coach who motivates him. In the cup at Woking, they had just equalized and we needed our experienced players to step up and take back the initiative. Unfortunately Chris preferred to swap insults with the fans every time the ball went out for a throw. Poor effort from a talented player. Having said that he will probably confound us and score a hat trick against you next week.

In their defence (mostly this applies to Edwards & Skarz) I think it's much easier to appear as a solid, competent full back in a good side (which Oxford have been over the years) than in our current general shower.