Bury vs Peterborough
2 2

63 posts in this topic

Pretty good interview, to be honest, and very complementary about us which surprised me as I thought, like Sheridan, he had something of a downer on us as a club. Hopefully we'll spoil his night tomorrow with an emphatic win to give us a little hope over the next few games.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

Fancy us to nab a draw tomorrow. 1-1. 

Need to start turning these draws into wins now, really.

Edited by Shaker Norra

44 minutes ago, Shaker Norra said:

Need to start turning these draws into wins now, really.

We needed to be doing that ages ago. We're going to go down. So the "needing a win" thinking doesn't come into it for me. Getting anything out of a top 7 side tomorrow would be a decent result and keep the positivity rolling for our crack at League 2 next season.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

We needed to be doing that ages ago. We're going to go down. So the "needing a win" thinking doesn't come into it for me. Getting anything out of a top 7 side tomorrow would be a decent result and keep the positivity rolling for our crack at League 2 next season.

Great post, having a realistic approach helps you enjoy games.

Making the stars your goal means you will be disappointed at reaching the moon.

Be realistic all you want, lads. To me, there's another 11 games to go, 33 points to play for and I'll be holding out for survival to the very last. We can get a win tomorrow night, and if so, we'd only be 6 points behind with a ton of fight from the management team and the players to go with. It's all to play for.

• Like 8

Im sure Newport came back from a more hopeless position just last season.

Never throw in the towel  

Edited by shakerite66
  • Like 3

Will be the lowest crowd for years I predict... season ticket holders being counted in attendance will mask it though. 

1,750 I’ll go for.

The optimist in me says we can go out and win tonight....the other little fellow on my shoulder says otherwise.

I don't think I have a split personality but I'll be beside myself if we lose :-)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alan B said:

A repeat of last years match would be nice : 5-1 win.

I'd settle for that. If we really have the same belief we showed in the first half against Rochdale and go at them, there is no reason why we can't get a win tonight. KTF

9 hours ago, S85 said:

Will be the lowest crowd for years I predict... season ticket holders being counted in attendance will mask it though. 

1,750 I’ll go for.

As if . The supporters we have are loyal as long as the effort is there and it definitely is . 2759

Edited by shakerite66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every game is a cup final, a six pointer, loser drops out, the lads done well *hits computer to stop cliche buffering* 

52 points could keep a team up - we have 30 with 33 to play for (63 max then) so technically we can afford to still lose three games. But we have to win the rest...!!  6 points in the next two games though would come in handy!!

42 minutes ago, shakerite66 said:

As if . The supporters we have are loyal as long as the effort is there and it definitely is . 2759

Thats just Bury fans they will bring enough to push the attendance above 3000.

1 hour ago, 1903 said:

Thats just Bury fans they will bring enough to push the attendance above 3000.

Never. 

Past crowds at home to Peterborough..

2016/17 - 2,820

2015/16 - 2,180 (Tues)

2010/11 - 2,514 (FAC)

2007/08 - 2,660

2006/07 - 2,085

12 hours ago, S85 said:

1,750 I’ll go for.

I don't think the depths of Stevenage in 2013 will ever be reached again. 1,396 lost souls rattling round an empty Gigg Lane.

They are in the same form as us with 13 points from the last 8 games..got 1-1 draw written all over it with Bury equalising late on.....

From soccerstats.com

"Peterborough have been undefeated in their last 6 matches.Peterborough conceded at least one goal in each of their last 7 matches. 

Peterborough have scored in 75% of their away matches.Peterborough have drawn their last 3 away matches. 36% of Peterborough's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute."

59 minutes ago, S85 said:

Never. 

Past crowds at home to Peterborough..

2016/17 - 2,820

2015/16 - 2,180 (Tues)

2010/11 - 2,514 (FAC)

2007/08 - 2,660

2006/07 - 2,085

Record breaking time then.

5 hours ago, Mango said:

I'd settle for that. If we really have the same belief we showed in the first half against Rochdale and go at them, there is no reason why we can't get a win tonight. KTF

When was that....??;)