Bury vs Peterborough
2 2

63 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, jd_bury881 said:

So we might as well say we’ve got 10 k  attendance from now on.

I'll put it down to you having a bad night as hope you are not as stupid as you are appearing.  

So given that you appear to be taking the fact that the team are likely to be relegated very badly, when in fact the club has been relegated, barring a freak sequence of results for some time, I'll explain.

The club sells season tickets which allows the owner to attend all home games for the coming season. Let's say Bury FC sells 2000. For the first match of the season an additional 500 tickets are sold (home and away fans).  The club is at liberty to report a crowd of 2500 irrespective of how many of the 2000 season ticket holders actually turn up.  

So no, the club cannot declare 10k, unless the club wishes to pay more tax than they are actually due to.

Edited by AndyBarls

4 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

Really disappointed with the formation tonight. In a game we desperately needed to win, it was a negative selection which looked like it was set up not to lose

Amazed with the selection of Jones, just a waste of a substitution. Edwards deserved be dropped but Cooney should have started. That must be 10 goals this season that Edwards is culpable for.

1st half was particularly drab. Miller left isolated again, which isn’t playing to his strengths. He scored his goals when playing alongside Bunn, and he cannot perform as a lone striker. Hanson should have been brought on earlier.

Mayor is a pale shadow of the player he once was, he’s now so predictable and cannot beat a man. Leigh provided a bigger attacking threat than Mayor tonight. I doubt we’ll ever see the old Danny Mayor again. Is it time for him to move on .?

The season is dead and buried, now time to give the young lads game time and see what they are made of. Harker, Styles, Tsun Dai, Cooney, Shotton need 3-4 games, although not necessarily en masse.

Having said all that, the 2nd half was an improvement and it’s a game we should/ could have won. Clarke superb again and MOM for me. Thompson played well and Leigh much improved. 

Time to move on for Mayor...Wow! Couldn't disagree more, guy has the most talent in our squad be far. Level above everyone else. Not his greatest game tonight but his touch and ability to go past players is top draw.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lookupthestars said:

Time to move on for Mayor...Wow! Couldn't disagree more, guy has the most talent in our squad be far. Level above everyone else. Not his greatest game tonight but his touch and ability to go past players is top draw.

I’d agree with that 2 years ago. 

• Like 4

I don’t think I can remember many more negative performances from a play-off chasing side. They didn’t deserve those three points. At all. We simply couldn’t break their 8-1-1 formation down. Staggeringly negative. Verging on what some today might call “anti-football”.

Agree Miller needed another body with him much sooner. We should have been bolder. It was clear for large parts of particularly that second half that all they wanted to do was pack their defence and hope to hit us on the break once in a while.

We needed to move the ball around much quicker when attacking them really. We gave them all the time in the world to set up defensively. That said, the game for all the world looked sure to fizzle out, and then they go & do that.

Disappointing night, but I’ve accepted we’re down for a long time now, so hopefully we can take this & learn the lessons. We must kill teams off while we’re on top. Good grief, do we ever miss Beckford. 

I'd keep Mayor for next season as another crack at League 2 might get him back to where he was. I'd keep Cameron for the same reason. I wouldn't keep Jones or Tutte though. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

Really disappointed with the formation tonight. In a game we desperately needed to win, it was a negative selection which looked like it was set up not to lose

Amazed with the selection of Jones, just a waste of a substitution. Edwards deserved be dropped but Cooney should have started. That must be 10 goals this season that Edwards is culpable for.

1st half was particularly drab. Miller left isolated again, which isn’t playing to his strengths. He scored his goals when playing alongside Bunn, and he cannot perform as a lone striker. Hanson should have been brought on earlier.

Mayor is a pale shadow of the player he once was, he’s now so predictable and cannot beat a man. Leigh provided a bigger attacking threat than Mayor tonight. I doubt we’ll ever see the old Danny Mayor again. Is it time for him to move on .?

The season is dead and buried, now time to give the young lads game time and see what they are made of. Harker, Styles, Tsun Dai, Cooney, Shotton need 3-4 games, although not necessarily en masse.

Having said all that, the 2nd half was an improvement and it’s a game we should/ could have won. Clarke superb again and MOM for me. Thompson played well and Leigh much improved. 

Summed up very nicely! Very similar thoughts from tonight's game.

To say it was another must win the lack of urgency and just clogging 60 yard balls up to Miller with no players within 15 yards of him with 2 or 3 defenders round him was never ever going to work.

The shambles of a season summed up in 1 game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, S85 said:

Crowd as low as I predicted. The attendance will be given as 2,500 odd but there’s no way there’s over 1,800 at Gigg tonight. 

At least you was there to cheer them on

7 hours ago, jd_bury881 said:

What a bunch of wasters, I am really getting fed up with the same old outcome we are now relegated, stop pretending that we have chance of staying up. Shit team shit club

Well you know what to do then 

On 13/03/2018 at 15:42, Paul Mason said:

I was gonna go to the game but I just don't feel up for it, I think Peterborough might just sneak a 1-0 victory, but I hope I'm wrong UTS

Oh my god, I can tell the future, my predictions were perfectly right!!!

17 hours ago, South Stander said:

I saw the formation as identical to Saturday.  Back 4, Ince holding, 4 midfield, 1 up top.

The difference was we didn't have the legs in midfield to push forward to support Miller. Lost count the number of times the ball was aimlessly pumped forward or passed sideways across midfield with nobody taking the initiative.  Perhaps a combination of being leggy from Saturday and fear of being caught short in the middle (as happened on 90+2).

Disappointing, but with weaknesses across the team all 11 have to be "firing on all 4" to get anything.

Edited by Alex

18 hours ago, QWERTYOP said:

I don’t think I can remember many more negative performances from a play-off chasing side. They didn’t deserve those three points. At all. We simply couldn’t break their 8-1-1 formation down. Staggeringly negative. Verging on what some today might call “anti-football”.

Agree Miller needed another body with him much sooner. We should have been bolder. It was clear for large parts of particularly that second half that all they wanted to do was pack their defence and hope to hit us on the break once in a while.

We needed to move the ball around much quicker when attacking them really. We gave them all the time in the world to set up defensively. That said, the game for all the world looked sure to fizzle out, and then they go & do that.

Disappointing night, but I’ve accepted we’re down for a long time now, so hopefully we can take this & learn the lessons. We must kill teams off while we’re on top. Good grief, do we ever miss Beckford. 

Can’t agree with your first paragraph, vastly over exaggerated comments IMO.

They gave as good as they got first half, and we upped the tempo second half 

2 hours ago, scales of justice said:

Can’t agree with your first paragraph, vastly over exaggerated comments IMO.

They gave as good as they got first half, and we upped the tempo second half 

It’s mostly in reference to the second half tbf - spend much of the first half catching up with somebody I’d not spoken to in ages. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Peterborough’s only tactic was an aerial ball forward to 2 fairly small but mobile ish forwards. The defence coped well. Bury tried to get the ball down and play it but couldn’t get any space in the 1st half. For a promotion chasing team it was horrible but I suppose the plan worked in the end.

A little bit of luck and it would have been a different story. When you’re at the bottom life sucks.