Gigglane.com - Fundraising start for 2018/19
6 6

73 posts in this topic

On 28/11/2018 at 21:06, Woodzo's Dad said:

Just chipped in. Perhaps the banner at the top needs to flash or something to attract people’s attention?

Great idea. 

4 hours ago, postcorvus said:

My piggy bank is in pieces after a hefty whack with my Stewie garden gnome but I managed to find a little more for the cause. LET'S BE HAVING YOU.

Nice one.

19 minutes ago, myrabury said:

Done.  It isn't much in the grand scheme of things but I hope it goes at least a little way to helping out.

Same. It's gotta be worth £24 (£2 a month) or at least £12 (£1 a month) in anyone's book, and even if you're strapped for cash - £5 is a pint and a half of beer! I notice we are now over half way to the £2000 target...nice one. :icon_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

Great idea. 

Nice one.

Same. It's gotta be worth £24 (£2 a month) or at least £12 (£1 a month) in anyone's book, and even if you're strapped for cash - £5 is a pint and a half of beer! I notice we are now over half way to the £2000 target...nice one. :icon_smile:

I couldn't agree more Andy. Frankly I find it embarrassing to see that only 38 or so have actually contributed towards the running costs. I have managed a 3rd donation and, as a pensioner, would like to think that those in full time employment would search their consciences ( as well as their bank accounts) and cough up. If we don't get 100 donors before the end of the year then I could come to the conclusion that most contributors enjoy riding on the backs of others. NOW GET FORKING OUT THE REST OF YOU!!! :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Yes but  pensioners have all the money. The current advertising board in my garden reads-Bermuda tax fiddles are us. Or so my gamekeeper tells me.

Edited by postcorvus

Thanks to everyone for your support. Since we put the banner up yesterday morning we've raised £289 from over 20 people.

We still have a way to go to reach our target so if anyone else can chip in that'd be great (and really every little helps no matter how small). As always though, if you cant afford it, we understand and there's never any compulsion to donate. The site remains free-to-use regardless.

It's nice to see some new donors too (as well as some who have donated before giving again) and great to know the board is appreciated.

Now, if we could just find an accountant prepared to do some *very* simple accounts for us pro-bono, that'd be fantastic! ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, john said:

Thanks to everyone for your support. Since we put the banner up yesterday morning we've raised £289 from over 20 people.

We still have a way to go to reach our target so if anyone else can chip in that'd be great (and really every little helps no matter how small). As always though, if you cant afford it, we understand and there's never any compulsion to donate. The site remains free-to-use regardless.

It's nice to see some new donors too (as well as some who have donated before giving again) and great to know the board is appreciated.

Now, if we could just find an accountant prepared to do some *very* simple accounts for us pro-bono, that'd be fantastic! ;) 

Sorry not my sphere of expertise. Mastering the vagaries of tappit is more puzzling than a Rubiks Cube for me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, john said:

Alan B.. .?

20 hours ago, BuryR said:

I think I have one. Hold onto your hats.... 

Please tell me it is not one of Stewie's contacts. Come to think of it if you had played clever and told him you were about to padlock the gates of the messageboard he would have been in there like a flash,allegedly.

Edited by postcorvus

Perhaps SD2 may want to start his community involvement by donating to the running of this non-profit message board (which was previously the official board, before SD1 tried to silence the fans).

We're about 600 quid short of our target. One simple donation could fix that.

Link to donation page is here if you feel so inclined Steve... https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/clients/donations/ 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

Done.  Sorry it can't be more.

This board is vital, if a little obsessed with number plates......😀

Thanks RL!

5 hours ago, john said:

We're about 600 quid short of our target. One simple donation could fix that.

Done.  Sorry it can't be more

Well done RL

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tubwash said:

Well done RL

Just to clarifying, as RL would want I'm sure, he hasn't donated the 600 ;) (Still a very generous donation though! Thanks again).

Fundraising still open!

1 hour ago, john said:

Just to clarifying, as RL would want I'm sure, he hasn't donated the 600 ;) (Still a very generous donation though! Thanks again).

Fundraising still open!

ok another bit chipped in .Thanks for running this board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tubwash said:

ok another bit chipped in .Thanks for running this board.

Thanks Tubwash! 

Good to see the fund, after a temporary lull moving towards the target. Reckon that the gates of the messageboard would have been padlocked but for the arrival of Steve Dale.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Stuart2003B said:

How’s it looking at the moment John and team?

From what that donation page says it appears to have gone up £10 since Christmas :~(

On 12/01/2019 at 22:49, stonekeeper said:

From what that donation page says it appears to have gone up £10 since Christmas :~(

and that was me testing it ;) someone had problems trying to donate so I tested it.

But it is January and people are skint after Christmas.

someone has very kindly donated 100 since then. 

we are now just 329 away from the 2000 target - thank you everyone! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1