How do I keep getting it wrong?

12 posts in this topic

I thought Fasan was the problem - but 2 GKs later and it's still the same

I thought Aldred was the problem  - but numerous CHs later and it's still the same

I thought O'Connell was the problem - see above

I thought Cameron might be the answer - but it was still the same

I thought perhaps the Full backs were the problem - they've been the same all season

I thought losing Dawson was the problem - he comes back and it's still the same

I thought Maguire was the problem (insert also Reilly/Bunn/O'Shea) - but whether they play or not the result is still the same

I thought Mayor(Ishmail) might be the answer - but the problem is still the same

I thought Smith was the problem - but it's still the same

I thought 442 was the answer - it wasnt

I thought perhaps 451 could be an answer - it wasn't

The only thing I seem to have got right (so far) this season is - 352 isn't the answer

I thought Lee Clark was the problem but 2 managers later and it's still the same

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, chelford said:

I thought Aldred was the problem  - but numerous CHs later and it's still the same

I thought perhaps the Full backs were the problem - they've been the same all season

I thought Maguire was the problem (insert also Reilly/Bunn/O'Shea) - but whether they play or not the result is still the same

I thought Mayor(Ishmail) might be the answer - but the problem is still the same

The only thing I seem to have got right (so far) this season is - 352 isn't the answer

I thought Lee Clark was the problem but 2 managers later and it's still the same

As a whole, we have looked our least shittest when playing 4-4-2 IMO.

Good post though, hard to disagree.

19 minutes ago, chelford said:

One common denominator! 

• Thanks 1

No team spirit, no passion, not enough drive, no confidence. The team as individuals is one of the best we’ve had in many a year, but collectively, it’s the worst in our history as a football club. Work that one out!

I do think these players will be quite easily moved on too. 

don't worry , it will be alright next season when RL gets his own players in and guides us to promotion:D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, chelford said:

Excellent post.  The biggest issue is the lack of goals in the team.  Blame them all for that, including all the managers (but mainly Clark obviously).  Blame especially Beckford for getting injured :-).  Conceding 65 isnt great, but its similar to a few teams in mid table.  Scoring 34 goals is truely shocking.

• Like 1

I did actually miss one vital one

I thought losing Beckford when we did, would be a big loss - unfortunately it was much bigger than I thought!

Edited by chelford

45 minutes ago, LondonWhite said:

Excellent post.  The biggest issue is the lack of goals in the team.  Blame them all for that, including all the managers (but mainly Clark obviously).  Blame especially Beckford for getting injured :-).  Conceding 65 isnt great, but its similar to a few teams in mid table.  Scoring 34 goals is truely shocking.

I think your bang on with the lack of goals in the side. And of course we are competing against teams who have proven goal scorers.

So like the Posh game when I thought we were the better team against a good L1 side, a moment of quality undone all our good work.