Trump wins Noble peace prize.
1 1

125 posts in this topic

It's one possible answer. A whole lot more effective than the useless     Obama anyway (ok he's not a very nice guy but credit where credit's due)  

• Like 2

Scientists from China and Japan are claiming that North Korea's most important nuclear testing facility has collapsed.  Kim has run out of options.

Trump has inherited Ronald Reagan's ability to seize the moment.  Reagan faced down the threat from communist Russia in the 1980s.  Trump seems to have done the same thing in 2018.  Both men sensed the weakness which lay behind the bluster and arrogance of their opponents.

On the negative side Trumps Mexican Barrier seems to have hit a "Brick Wall" in both houses of the US Government. Rising costs seem to be the issue and my sources have told me that Cocklestorm Fencing in Radcliffe have been approached to come up with a more cost effective solution. Waney Lap or Continental Fence Panels? Decisions, decisions.

1 hour ago, preston exile said:

Amazing scenes on TV today.

It can only be good news if peace breaks out, no matter who kick started it !

The two leaders have declared an end to the Korean War.  The conflict was suspended in 1953, so this declaration is hugely significant.

Communism doesn't work.  

23 hours ago, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

The two leaders have declared an end to the Korean War.  The conflict was suspended in 1953, so this declaration is hugely significant.

Communism doesn't work.  

Neither does 4 - 5 - 1 !

• Haha 1

Whilst Trump is busy dismantling all things Obama, including the Iranian nuclear deal, if he could get exactly the same deal with N. Korea he'd be trumpeting it as a triumph.

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:48, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

Communism doesn't work.  

don't agree RL ,It can work if the citizens of a communist state are brainwashed or made to live in fear or are made to believe that everything is brilliant ( cue North Korean newscasters ). Its  a concept that doesn't work without coercion and fear and conflicts with human nature when the laziest get the same reward as the most industrious.. 

On 27/04/2018 at 12:48, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

Communism doesn't work.  

2 minutes ago, Tubwash said:

don't agree RL ,It can work if the citizens of a communist state are brainwashed or made to live in fear or are made to believe that everything is brilliant ( cue North Korean newscasters ). Its  a concept that doesn't work without coercion and fear and conflicts with human nature when the laziest get the same reward as the most industrious.. 

I guess it depends on your definition of "working" 

We live in a strongly capitalist society  (irrespective of which party is in government) and yet have homeless people and millions living in poverty so does capitalism work?

As Tubby eludes to ask Kim/the population in NK  (probably the same thing) and they would say it works fine.

Around the world there is poverty and horrendous living conditions yet those people may feel that the system "works". It's a tricky one.

• Like 1

Let's not get carried away but he's doing some great things. So refreshing to see someone doing what he said he'd done. 

Go on The Donald! 

2 hours ago, Shaker Ryan said:

Let's not get carried away but he's doing some great things. So refreshing to see someone doing what he said he'd done. 

Go on The Donald! 

Remind me how many innocent palestinians have been killed today (some by snipers) and how many have been injured because of Trump's total ignorance, arrogance and bully boy tactics  especially when he knew full well the consequences of his actions in moving the embassy??

36 minutes ago, still running man said:

Remind me how many innocent palestinians have been killed today (some by snipers) and how many have been injured because of Trump's total ignorance, arrogance and bully boy tactics  especially when he knew full well the consequences of his actions in moving the embassy??

Trump does not have the required intelligence or common sense to be leader of the free world, his actions are erratic and 'look at me' grade. Read the Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson and you will see a worryingly clear fit .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, still running man said:

Not sure I'd use the word innocent looking at videos online, not what the BBC shows. 

You'll have to provide me some examples of Trump's "bully boy tactics"..

The embassy move has been on the cards for a long time now - http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/14/watch-obama-clinton-bush-say-jerusalem-israel-capital/

10 hours ago, Shaker Ryan said:

Not sure I'd use the word innocent looking at videos online, not what the BBC shows. 

You'll have to provide me some examples of Trump's "bully boy tactics"..

The embassy move has been on the cards for a long time now http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/14/watch-obama-clinton-bush-say-jerusalem-israel-capital/

It would have been sensible and pragmatic to delay this move - perhaps indefinitely, however Trump doesn't do 'sensible'.   Palestinians living in the occupied territories see this as a deliberate act of provocation and thanks to Trump's actions, Netanyahu now feels that he can do as he pleases.  Given that the UN has aready been ignored by the Israeli government time and again, perhaps this shouldn't be surprising.  A two state solution is desperately overdue with both parties being forced, by internationally neutral peacekeeping troops if necessary, to accept one another's existence.

Edited by myrabury
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, still running man said:

I found that comment amusing as well.

On 14/05/2018 at 16:29, still running man said:

Zero

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 94shakers said:

Zero

So Trump's decision to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem in the knowledge that hostilities would escalate and result in death had nothing to do with him??  The man even had members of his own family cutting the ceremonial ribbon.  I would argue this is the action of a coward as bullying and cowardice often go hand in hand.  A true Statesman would have intervened long before now in order to force Israel to at least comply with UN resolutions.  A true Statesman would'nt have given in to highly influential pressure groups in order to preserve the status quo.  Ever the businessman, and not a very good one at that - but a truly awful politician and standard bearer as a world leader.

Edited by myrabury
  • Like 2

If parliament voted for something and May had a veto and used it there would be uproar. Imagine if this was done over time by ever leader - you’d have to wonder what the point in having a vote was.