Bury FC Message Board
S85

Let’s all laugh at Oldham!

That is all! 

Hahaha!

childish, yes... do I care? No. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Had no ill feelings towards them before this season but after their fans couldn’t help themselves - Football Karma can be wonderful. 

• Like 1

Hahaha yup well funny scabbed it for far to many seasons on the bounce....good to see them back in the basement division 

Just had a thought we’ve seen L2 fairly recently and know what to expect they’ll struggle I think as everyone from nowheresville will want to beat them.

ps well done dale!

Edited by flogan2000

Well done Dale - definitely deserved to retain L1 status  based on that Cup run alone.

A pity we'll have to put up with some of the worst fans we've had at Gigg since Millwall fans decided to fight amongst themselves outside and inside our ground.  A big wake up call for 'Laticinpeace' who took great delight in the sure fire knowledge that his club would retain L1 status.  I doubt he'll be revisiting our MB to taunt us anytime soon.

Edited by myrabury
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, myrabury said:

Well done Dale - definitely deserved to retain L1 status  based on that Cup run alone.

A pity we'll have to put up with some of the worst fans we've had at Gigg since Millwall fans decided to fight amongst themselves outside and inside our ground.  A big wake up call for 'Laticinpeace' who took great delight in the sure fire knowledge that his club would retain L1 status.  I doubt he'll be revisiting our MB to taunt us anytime soon.

Don't worry Myra - I've reposted his garbage in the "Relegated" thread.

• Haha 1

Had a chuckle must admit towards our 'massive club neighbours' however what's with the 'dale love in' with some of our fans?, have to say don't think dale deserved to go down they are a decent team from what I've seen but some of the arse licking towards them on this board is just embarrassing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, myrabury said:

Keith Hill works his magic again. Brilliant achievement considering we were above them at one point. Well deserved.

So funny Oldham have been relegated. What a horrid football club. 

8 hours ago, HeapBridgeWhite said:

Had a chuckle must admit towards our 'massive club neighbours' however what's with the 'dale love in' with some of our fans?, have to say don't think dale deserved to go down they are a decent team from what I've seen but some of the arse licking towards them on this board is just embarrassing.

Speaking for myself it isn't a love-in, simply an acknowledgement that a small, well run neighbouring club has been able to retain L1 status.  In many ways the contrast with Oldham couldn't be sharper!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shaker Ryan said:

Talking of League 2, Morecambe survived by the skin of their teeth at the expense of Barnet. Thank god. 

Yes, happy to see that Morcambe survived although I've never had anything against Barnet.  We played Barnet at home towards the end of our 2010/11 promotion season and I was struck by how they stuck to their guns and tried to play the game by not parking the bus despite our onslaught.  Of all the teams we'd beaten up to that point, for some reason I had a bit of respect for them given their circumstances (teetering on the brink of relegation)!  Probably because they were/are another small club trying to operate at league level.

Edited by myrabury

Whilst I don't like Dale at all, at least their fans, mostly, accept that they're a crap side who will have the odd good spell now and again but are fundamentally a 4th division side. 

Oldham however genuinely seem to believe that they are a big club and some sort of gift to football. They'll hate being in L2 and that's really funny.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, heysidays01 said:

Hahaha yup well funny scabbed it for far to many seasons on the bounce....good to see them back in the basement division 

Always admired the way they make records. Be great to see them have 22 seasons in League 2.

2 minutes ago, smancshakerisback said:

Don't think we're in  a position to laugh at anyone tbh!!

Oh,I don't know, bit of local rival fan bating can help ease the pain a little.

• Like 3

I don't get any i'll feelings towards any club, never have.

Do I want my team to beat others, yes always....but to have a go, laugh at etc no.

Well done to Rochdale, they've deserved to stay up.

Well done to Bolton, they should always be a Championship club.

Well done Accrington Stanley, a huge acheivement. It's not too long ago most of their players were part timers. Third division on a shoestring budget, just shows what can be done.

Many lessons to be learned from them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversRoy said:

Do I want my team to beat others, yes always....but to have a go, laugh at etc no.

Well done to Rochdale, they've deserved to stay up.

Well done to Bolton, they should always be a Championship club.

Well done Accrington Stanley, a huge acheivement. It's not too long ago most of their players were part timers. Third division on a shoestring budget, just shows what can be done.

Many lessons to be learned from them.

ever thought about going into the priesthood?;)

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tubwash said:

ever thought about going into the priesthood?;)

No I haven't yet it is love & respect that makes the world go round & not hatred & disrespect which is why i've no time for the later.

Edited by RoversRoy

Me neither and I genuinely didn't give a damn about Oldham before this season but the sickening, undeserved last kick of the game winner at their place combined with their fans' behaviour at Gigg makes their relegation very satisfying indeed.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RoversRoy said:

No I haven't yet it is love & respect that makes the world go round & not hatred & disrespect which is why i've no time for the later.

fair comments Roy, I respect your view too. But for me, I suppose coming from Bury and having been at school in Bolton for 7 years and been on the receiving end of belittling garbage about Bury, I cant find it in my heart to wish the trotter trading company well!  I certainly didn't celebrate their great escape today - sorry, but I was hoping they would be relegated. Lets call it local rivalry with  no hatred or disrespect involved.

Edited by Tubwash
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, smancshakerisback said:

Don't think we're in  a position to laugh at anyone tbh!!

I couldn't agree more & even if we did I really don't understand or see the point. Theres already too much uncalled for disgust, i'll feeling & hatred in the world without adding any more in the beautiful game of football or any other sport.

Friendly rivalry 'yes' disrespectfulness 'no'

Fans of every club are no different to fans of Bury FC so what about treating others as we'd like to be treated....if more did then perhaps the world would be a better place.

• Like 1

For many it is nothing to do with football, it's that certain Oldham muppets gloated when something bad happened to us and so people are returning the favour now that it's happened to them. 

I couldn't agree more & even if we did I really don't understand or see the point. Theres already too much uncalled for disgust, i'll feeling & hatred in the world without adding any more in the beautiful game of football or any other sport.

Friendly rivalry 'yes' disrespectfulness 'no'

Fans of every club are no different to fans of Bury FC so what about treating others as we'd like to be treated....if more did then perhaps the world would be a better place.

Surely it is the tribal aspect of football that keeps fans going. Supporters identify with a team and follow them through thick and thin. While outright hatred is a no no, a little gentle goading of the opposition does no harm whatsoever. Wouldn't like to sum up this season by saying we lost mostly but it doesn't matter because the opposition played some spiffing football. 

1 hour ago, ronky said:

For many it is nothing to do with football, it's that certain Oldham muppets gloated when something bad happened to us and so people are returning the favour now that it's happened to them. 

I was dancing with the Labrador when Joe Thompson scored. It was like watching Star wars, good against evil. The righteous v the unwashed.