New Mascot
2 2

67 posts in this topic

Only gripe is that surely the mascot should be wearing the home shirt? 

I suppose it’s meant to be a police uniform. Of course people will laugh at first, it’s for kids at the end of the day. Adults may not like it but if the kids enjoy taking pictures with a friendly looking dog over a creepy looking ginger haired policeman then it’s served it’s purpose.

Nice of the club to involve local schools in the naming of the mascot too, engages younger supports which is exactly what needs to happen. 

The old version of the Robby the Bobby costume was horrifying. 2jakiuc.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i thought this had to be a joke... then i checked the official web site.

im lost for words.... whilst i didnt find your mascot that appealing compared to some,

it wasnt anywhere near the worst, and , more to the point

at least has a huge connection to Bury itself.

not the most important thing on the shakers agenda this summer but just another

episode in the overall way football is run these days... whats wrong with a bit of tradition and history 

why the need to always be looking to update and be modern and relevant.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the club has asked for volunteers to wear the costume.  Assuming we don't offload them can I suggest Edwards and Maguire to alternate?

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

i thought this had to be a joke... then i checked the official web site.

im lost for words.... whilst i didnt find your mascot that appealing compared to some,

it wasnt anywhere near the worst, and , more to the point

at least has a huge connection to Bury itself.

not the most important thing on the shakers agenda this summer but just another

episode in the overall way football is run these days... whats wrong with a bit of tradition and history 

why the need to always be looking to update and be modern and relevant.

 

It’s still got the appearance of being in the police force... 

Why the need to be modern and relevant? Is that even a genuine question?

Its a mascot, if the kids like it that’s all that matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah S85, remark was a little tongue in cheek, though i do know a few kids who really like robbie,

and amazingly enough was the reason they wanted to go to gigg. 

think clubs need quite a bit more match day experience to keep kids interested enough to want to keep going 

esp' when the games themselves are less than entertaining/exciting.

had this issue with my lot down the years, its hard to make em go when what they get is dire.

recall my nephew going with me and asking after players finished warming up prior to k/o

is that it , can we go now?  only to repeat this with grasping hope at h/t saying i wont have to come again will i?

a tv series called UNITED covered this in one episode, with a dad saying what can he do, his kids get bored after 15 mins and ask

'can we go play at back of kop'...... so true.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Embarrassing. Needless and a waste of time. Surely we have better things to do?

This on the back of a dull, insipid excuse for a marketing campaign to try and sell season tickets. It really was dire in every regard. 

Isn't it about time the club got a marketing department or even an individual to lead it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good move by the club. It’s progressive, and will appeal to the younger fans in our ranks. Maybe there’s some sentimental aspect of this which some don’t like, but you have to look at the bigger picture here and realise what its intended use is, and whether this is more appealing than the freak show that was Robby The Bobby. This works.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shaker Norra said:

Good move by the club. It’s progressive, and will appeal to the younger fans in our ranks. Maybe there’s some sentimental aspect of this which some don’t like, but you have to look at the bigger picture here and realise what its intended use is, and whether this is more appealing than the freak show that was Robby The Bobby. This works.

What's not to like, a combination of Scooby Doo and Bury.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it, welcoming for the kids, not a scary no-eyed policeman, and at least there is some kind of link to Bury itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S85 said:

Only gripe is that surely the mascot should be wearing the home shirt? 

I suppose it’s meant to be a police uniform. Of course people will laugh at first, it’s for kids at the end of the day. Adults may not like it but if the kids enjoy taking pictures with a friendly looking dog over a creepy looking ginger haired policeman then it’s served it’s purpose.

Nice of the club to involve local schools in the naming of the mascot too, engages younger supports which is exactly what needs to happen. 

The old version of the Robby the Bobby costume was horrifying. 2jakiuc.jpg

Scarier than some of the villains in Gotham at the moment and they are pretty frightening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another 50 should be replicated and made to stand in a bee line in the car park after a derby game.Couldnt do any worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, S85 said:

Only gripe is that surely the mascot should be wearing the home shirt? 

I suppose it’s meant to be a police uniform. Of course people will laugh at first, it’s for kids at the end of the day. Adults may not like it but if the kids enjoy taking pictures with a friendly looking dog over a creepy looking ginger haired policeman then it’s served it’s purpose.

Nice of the club to involve local schools in the naming of the mascot too, engages younger supports which is exactly what needs to happen. 

The old version of the Robby the Bobby costume was horrifying. 2jakiuc.jpg

The eyes were enough to give adults nightmares, let alone kids! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mg75 said:

Another 50 should be replicated and made to stand in a bee line in the car park after a derby game.Couldnt do any worse.

50 of our old mascot standing in a bee line in the car park and we wouldn't have any trouble at all......and probably no fans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have to say i agree with our CEO on this one.
 
Our new mascot is a bit of fun for kids, calm down all you over 10’s and enjoy the sunshine.
3:28 PM - 15 May 2018
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, St1 said:

Embarrassing. Needless and a waste of time. Surely we have better things to do?

This on the back of a dull, insipid excuse for a marketing campaign to try and sell season tickets. It really was dire in every regard. 

Isn't it about time the club got a marketing department or even an individual to lead it?

Do you not have better things to do than moan over something that isnt aimed at you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T.A said:

Do you not have better things to do than moan over something that isnt aimed at you? 

It's a discussion forum, clue is in the name! You should try having a point - you may like it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, St1 said:

It's a discussion forum, clue is in the name! You should try having a point - you may like it! 

Why is it embarrassing? The only thing that's embarrassing is your reaction to it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, St1 said:

It's a discussion forum, clue is in the name! You should try having a point - you may like it! 

I have a point on my Stanley knife but I hope I wouldn't have to bring it to the forum after one of your posts.🦕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sad thing is, this on social media this has garnered more attention than our season tickets have!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, postcorvus said:

I have a point on my Stanley knife but I hope I wouldn't have to bring it to the forum after one of your posts.🦕

What a strange thing to say. Odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2