New Mascot
2 2

67 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, puddin said:

I think it is the perfect balance of old and new it retains the link with the police and I would suggest it also relates the old Robbie to ‘scrappy’ doo rather than scooby 😉

Thought that too but Scrappy reminded me too much of our play last season.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, myrabury said:

'He got in hot water for mooning at Stoke City supporters, fighting with Peterborough United’s rabbit mascot and ripping off his ears and also had to be restrained by stewards after brawling with Cardiff City’s Bartley Bluebird. ' (BT)

Oh dear 🤣🤣

If only our players had displayed that competitive spirit.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, postcorvus said:

Apparently you can use your tappit card to access blogs now:thumbup:

...that's all well and good but there is never enough hand towels in the bloggs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tubwash said:

...that's all well and good but there is never enough hand towels in the bloggs

I often find myself sheetless before a game.  

Edited by ExiledinEdgeley

14 hours ago, postcorvus said:

Season has hardly ended and we are reduced to toilet humour:book2:

Amazed that reply didn't contain a colon...

Ps - like the new mascot. More "Drooper" from the Banana Splits than Scooby, though... :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fedora Dale said:

Amazed that reply didn't contain a colon...

Ps - like the new mascot. More "Drooper" from the Banana Splits than Scooby, though... :)

I think your barking up the wrong tree with Drooper. Mascot aficionados will clearly see that this beagle looks like Fleagle!

2135911498_bananasplits.jpg.e6801a55ad985ff0cd5e4a6dc7e77219.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

I think your barking up the wrong tree with Drooper. Mascot aficionados will clearly see that this beagle looks like Fleagle!

haha given you are clearly of that era I am betting you used to have bets on wacky races with your mates!!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Tubwash said:

haha given you are clearly of that era I am betting you used to have bets on wacky races with your mates!!

Yes I will have to hold my hands up to that one. If only formula one was as exciting.   🚔

• Like 2

Not often I post but I really don't get the new mascot.

Looks like something that would accompany the cops if they were visiting primary schools. A bit like Welephant and the Fire Brigade..

This mascot doesn't look like it relates to Bury in any way.  I get they stuck with the police theme same as Robbie the Bobbie. But this is just a random police dog. Robbie actually had a proper link. This doesn't seem to have been thought through. The design seems really poor. Almost as if they just said a dog will do.

I get that it's not aimed at me. But genuinely from a design perspective I just don't see this as creating a link between the mascot and the club other than repetition of it being there every home game. Moonchester and Moonbeam, Fred the Red, Harry Hornet, Pilgrim Pete. All seem to have a story and a connection. This looks like something anyone can rent from a fancy dress shop. 

1 hour ago, pjmcc1uk said:

Not often I post but I really don't get the new mascot.

Looks like something that would accompany the cops if they were visiting primary schools. A bit like Welephant and the Fire Brigade..

This mascot doesn't look like it relates to Bury in any way.  I get they stuck with the police theme same as Robbie the Bobbie. But this is just a random police dog. Robbie actually had a proper link. This doesn't seem to have been thought through. The design seems really poor. Almost as if they just said a dog will do.

I get that it's not aimed at me. But genuinely from a design perspective I just don't see this as creating a link between the mascot and the club other than repetition of it being there every home game. Moonchester and Moonbeam, Fred the Red, Harry Hornet, Pilgrim Pete. All seem to have a story and a connection. This looks like something anyone can rent from a fancy dress shop. 

Exactly what every under 12 thinks as well... 

Edited by T.A

18 hours ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Off thread but how I loved this absolutely bonkers show when I was a kid :laugh4::laugh4:

35 minutes ago, myrabury said:

Off thread but how I loved this absolutely bonkers show when I was a kid :laugh4::laugh4:

Lalala  lalalala lalala lalala- now that was a brainworm Myra haha

• Haha 2

oh yeah..... used to love watching this show during the summer holidays until the flippin 6 white horses thingy used to replace it.

deffo fleegle lookalike for the new mascot.