673 tickets for Rangers
4 4

90 posts in this topic

You’d like to think we will get more should we sell out. Otherwise, get them quick! I think the demand for this could be up to 1,500+ 

Why can't tickets go on open sale for Liverpool and Rangers on the same day? - or go online on the same day? Not of us all Bury fans live in Bury and it means getting time off work to go to the club (80 mile round trip) on both the 18th and 19th conceivably to secure tickets for both....

40 minutes ago, Eaves_wig said:

Sell out a pre-season away friendly?!  In early July?!

lots of interest - you will be surprised how quickly they sell

5 minutes ago, smancshakerisback said:

Why can't tickets go on open sale for Liverpool and Rangers on the same day? - or go online on the same day? Not of us all Bury fans live in Bury and it means getting time off work to go to the club (80 mile round trip) on both the 18th and 19th conceivably to secure tickets for both....

can't you get someone to get them for you ?

18 minutes ago, smancshakerisback said:

You are going OTT.

Simply arrive at the ticket office just before closing on the 18th. At that point pitch your pop up tent in the car park and get comfy for the night. Wake up, pack away tent just before ticket office opening, buy tickets and then head home.

One lot of mileage plus an evening away - what more could you want (apart from an on site aparthotel 😀)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eaves_wig said:

Sell out a pre-season away friendly?!  In early July?!

these guys are seriously loyal and ready!!

first time in 8 years, starting a season on the up

gerrards first games

it will be a sellout

40000 season ticket holders

plus they will be full strength as they are in the early rounds of europe from end of june

( i met loads of rangers fans in japan/korea 2002, supporting england, because of the Queen and Andy Goram (from tottington) was the honorary president of NARSA) (I went to school with him, so i got treated like a prince)

NARSA, north american rangers supporters assocation, they nearly caused a riot in 2007, bringing a full orange, flutes and pipes parade to Naples in Florida and marched to a staunch irish pub (celtic) whose retained group played IRA songs to dumb snow birds, at night,  not realising the words

( google it)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rangers+florida+narsa&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB781GB781&oq=rangers+florida+narsa&aqs=chrome..69i57.9375j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

makes masons, look like cubs!!!

i think goram got eventually withdrawn, cos of social media showing him in UVF gear... ( not the fertility treatment)!!!

not bad for a kid from totty!!!

Edited by singaporeshaker

5 hours ago, ronky said:

You are going OTT.

Simply arrive at the ticket office just before closing on the 18th. At that point pitch your pop up tent in the car park and get comfy for the night. Wake up, pack away tent just before ticket office opening, buy tickets and then head home.

One lot of mileage plus an evening away - what more could you want (apart from an on site aparthotel 😀)

I’ll ask Mrs Smancshakerisback to stay the night in the tent as well - perfect wedding anniversary night....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, smancshakerisback said:

I thought you could buy them on line?

6 hours ago, singaporeshaker said:

these guys are seriously loyal and ready!!

first time in 8 years, starting a season on the up

gerrards first games

it will be a sellout

40000 season ticket holders

plus they will be full strength as they are in the early rounds of europe from end of june

( i met loads of rangers fans in japan/korea 2002, supporting england, because of the Queen and Andy Goram (from tottington) was the honorary president of NARSA) (I went to school with him, so i got treated like a prince)

NARSA, north american rangers supporters assocation, they nearly caused a riot in 2007, bringing a full orange, flutes and pipes parade to Naples in Florida and marched to a staunch irish pub (celtic) whose retained group played IRA songs to dumb snow birds, at night,  not realising the words

( google it)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rangers+florida+narsa&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB781GB781&oq=rangers+florida+narsa&aqs=chrome..69i57.9375j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

makes masons, look like cubs!!!

i think goram got eventually withdrawn, cos of social media showing him in UVF gear... ( not the fertility treatment)!!!

not bad for a kid from totty!!!

I know Rangers have had their problems and things must be better than they were circa 2011-2016, but since getting back to the SPL what marks this pre season out from any other? They have a famous international footballer as manager who is, as yet unproven.

That said I would enjoy it if they at least offered a challenge to Celtic this season.

10 hours ago, BuryfaninEdinburgh said:
I just checked and last pre season Rangers appeared to only play one game at home V Marseille. The attendance was just over 22,000. That being said Marseille are no Bury FC!

Gerrard wasn’t having his first game as manager then 😀

the 4000 includes 3000 Liverpool. They have 400 left in the South Stand and approx 1000 left in MRE. Interesting decision coming up about what to do with the Cemmy end........

On a separate note we have sold approx 400 so far for Rangers.

400 for Rangers is not bad. Need England not to win group as QF would clash if they won the last 16 game as well (realise getting ahead of myself). Second place in group means no possible later clash - would be 3pm Sat QF game.

10 hours ago, mymansoares said:

the 4000 includes 3000 Liverpool. They have 400 left in the South Stand and approx 1000 left in MRE. Interesting decision coming up about what to do with the Cemmy end........

On a separate note we have sold approx 400 so far for Rangers.

I cant believe that we can only muster under 1k for Liverpool yet they can sell 3k, saying that when the club are trying to make an extra fiver on non-season ticket holders (and tickets state 15 quid) no wonder

21 minutes ago, 08/04/79 said:

I cant believe that we can only muster under 1k for Liverpool yet they can sell 3k, saying that when the club are trying to make an extra fiver on non-season ticket holders (and tickets state 15 quid) no wonder

Full price game for Bury fans, 50%-66% cheaper than normal for Liverpool fans could have an effect 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronky said:

Full price game for Bury fans, 50%-66% cheaper than normal for Liverpool fans could have an effect 

No doubt, just doesn't sit right that the club are trying to make on the fans in a friendly game, even Rangers are only charging £12

2 hours ago, ronky said:

I believe season ticket holders can still get adult tickets for £15 with concessions at £10.

4 hours ago, 08/04/79 said:

Bury fans don't seem to do buying tickets in advance, no surprise that they aren't rushing to Gigg Lane to get tickets for a pre season friendly. 

I do worry what would happen if we got a big PL club at home in the cup though. An occasion where Bury fans probably would buy tickets in advance for the event and Day and co would probably allocate the Cem, MRE, the SS and the MS to the away fans and allocate Bury fans a live beam back in the Social Club then lie about it being on police advice. 😂

Edited by Barry P