673 tickets for Rangers
4 4

90 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, RNaj1 said:

Just seen a story, quoting unsubstantiated links, that Rangers have sold 38,000 tickets already for Friday. Not surprised, this must be the most glamorous game they've had at Ibrox in years. 😏

Gerrards 1st game

Our friends from across the water over for the weekend in large numbers with the big walk on.

18 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

Gutted it wasn’t down there we took 12 000 to Sheffield for a pre season friendly at there gaff during the week brilliant couple of days.

500 is 20% of our support on a good day.  Not bad for a team which was relegated by a margin of 14 points last season.

Looked like quite a party at Hillsborough 😀.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Three stripes said:

Bog standard opposition:) al be expecting Bury  to destroy us then if we’re that bad.

You will put two or three passed us - win easily but Rangers side has nobody to entice anyone up there. We have played Shefffield United, Wigan and Blackburn in recent seasons who have players better than you and when we play forest in a month or so they will have a much better side. Sad how far Rangers have fallen. 

5 minutes ago, St1 said:

You will put two or three passed us - win easily but Rangers side has nobody to entice anyone up there. We have played Shefffield United, Wigan and Blackburn in recent seasons who have players better than you and when we play forest in a month or so they will have a much better side. Sad how far Rangers have fallen. 

I think you are greatly underestimating Rangers there. 

They have a team that would be equivalent to a solid Championship side. 

5 minutes ago, St1 said:

You better beleive it’s sad chief hopefully this is the start of us having a proper team again.

• Like 2

Got to go to this. Don't normally do friendlies but this is a fixture we'll never repeat - major stuff for a club our size. Rangers - though it hurts me a bit being from a 'different tradition' 😏- are a huge club with a massive support...

31 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

You better beleive it’s sad chief hopefully this is the start of us having a proper team again.

It's a pre season friendly, the result is irrelevant for both sides. It's more about fitness and gelling to avoid another embarrassment as last year. Stevie's signings look good on paper but can so many new faces quickly come together as a team?

The European qualifiers situation is ridiculous, and only getting worse thanks to the stitch up of the big 4 countries making it harder and harder for qualification. The first European final I remember was Dundee United's, many things conspire against Scottish teams in Europe and such a ridiculously early start, I think all teams could be out before August, certainly doesn't help.

7 hours ago, smancshakerisback said:

Got to go to this. Don't normally do friendlies but this is a fixture we'll never repeat - major stuff for a club our size. Rangers - though it hurts me a bit being from a 'different tradition' 😏- are a huge club with a massive support...

I'd like to think we've moved on from the proddy/catholic thing down here but maybe not, either way Rangers are a massive club, it will be a great occasion to witness.

8 hours ago, Three stripes said:

I used to always keep a close eye on Rangers, especially in the late 90s and early noughties. I recall there was a good period where there were some great Old Firm title races that went down to the wire. The main ones I recall being in 2003 and 2005 and both were won by Rangers. 

• Like 1

Not that it matters, because we can’t even sell it out anyway... but Rangers have handed Wigan an allocation of 2,500 compared to our 673. 

I’ve just seen we’ve sold 481 tickets.. that’s very poor. Many other clubs even our size would have sold that many in one day. 

Not many Bury tickets have been sold for the Liverpool game either. 

Yes I understand that the Rangers game is Friday night but it’s still poor considering the ‘once in a lifetime’ appeal.

Hopefully not a sign of things to come as supporter response to pretty much everything since we’ve been relegated has been low. 

We should have sold that allocation at Rangers easily. We had sold 400 after the first day I’m told which makes it even worse. 

Edited by S85
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, S85 said:

Not that it matters, because we can’t even sell it out anyway... but Rangers have handed Wigan an allocation of 2,500 compared to our 673. 

Because Wigan are not as big a draw as Bury and the home support won't be as big.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 1903 said:

Because Wigan are not as big a draw as Bury and the home support won't be as big.

I don't think S85 will see the funny side as he glances at his computer from the mouth of his shotgun. 😂

• Haha 1