Noblot officially on strike / Did anyone notice Bolton went on strike? merged

36 posts in this topic

Surely the club could have afforded to pay all of the bonuses and more out of their huge cut of the gate receipts? I hear pre season friendlies up there is the key to financial stability 😉😉😉

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ronky said:

Surely the club could have afforded to pay all of the bonuses and more out of their huge cut of the gate receipts? I hear pre season friendlies up there is the key to financial stability 😉😉😉

Once the season starts and the massive away support comes pouring in that will be fine. I mean with our losses and debts said away support was going to balance our books according to Day so I am sure it will help pay the wages at Bolton. 

Edited by Barry P

What happened at Notlob, didn't they used to have a moneybags funding them.

Edited by 94shakers

18 hours ago, Fedora Dale said:

Explains why A Wilbraham joined us, rather than sign on again at Notlob...

Erm no, he signed for you cos you offered him a walk-in bath. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 94shakers said:

What happened at Notlob, didn't they used to have a moneybags funding them.

I think their money troubles began when they overlooked the financial goldmine of building a supermarket into the stands. 

• Haha 1

I don’t know what the fuss is about? We were on strike all last season...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No, me neither. Apparently they refused to go to play a friendly at Morton as they hadn't been paid (or not been paid their bonuses) in June, so it was one out all out. 

Wonder if they would have been as militant if it were a league game where they would have been dropped points and win bonuses??

1 hour ago, Kacc said:

No, me neither. Apparently they refused to go to play a friendly at Morton as they hadn't been paid (or not been paid their bonuses) in June, so it was one out all out. 

Wonder if they would have been as militant if it were a league game where they would have been dropped points and win bonuses??

I think we did notice and it was St Mirren.

Edited by 1903
Misspelling

1 minute ago, 1903 said:

I think we did notice and it was St Mirren.

Correct, sir, St Mirren it was!

Apparently it is all because Ben Amos didn't get his bonus.

All the players were on a bonus if they avoided relegation - they all got it except Amos - who. believe it or not was on loan and played 46 games at Charlton all season!!! Wasn't even there but wants a bonus for Bolton not getting relegated. Cheeky b'tards/

16 minutes ago, astleywhite said:

Apparently it is all because Ben Amos didn't get his bonus.

All the players were on a bonus if they avoided relegation - they all got it except Amos - who. believe it or not was on loan and played 46 games at Charlton all season!!! Wasn't even there but wants a bonus for Bolton not getting relegated. Cheeky b'tards/

Amos allegedly earns £20000 per week at Bolton (source - Bolton News).

The blokes who drove our holiday coach around eastern Europe earn roughly £10.00 per hour.

We can argue over the wages players earn all day but if it's in his contract, it's in his contract. He's within his rights to ask for the money.

This is by no means the first issue BWFC players and staff have had with payments. I highly doubt they would go to these lengths if this was an isolated issue.

(I'm well aware of our own club's problem paying people on time before any Daleys remind me!)

Edited by D-L-T

I think you were the only one who didn't notice, there's been a thread on this subject in Beardyman's since last Friday. C'mon Kacc, pay attention! 😁

Not a chance a whole squad of players would risk their contracts being ripped up for one player who didn't even play for them. There's always another side to the story. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kacc said:

I believe that not getting paid bonuses was one of their bugbears 🐜🐻

One bit of positive news - KACC hasn't discovered this thread (see other board) so we can all slag him off on here and he'll be none the wiser 😉😉😉

1 hour ago, RNaj1 said:

I think you were the only one who didn't notice, there's been a thread on this subject in Beardyman's since last Friday. C'mon Kacc, pay attention! 😁

What's it doing there - this is general football!!