Bury FC 1960
0

17 posts in this topic

Don Watson, Gordon Atherton, John McGrath, Brian Turner, Harry Bunner, Brian Gallagher, Frank Adams, Johnny Hubbard, Bill Calder, Don May, Bobby Conroy, Eddie Robertson, Allan Jackson, Bill Bradbury, Brian Eastham, Stan Hepton, Jim Lovie, Bill Holden, Tommy Neill, Johnny Robinson, with Manager Dave Russell, and the wonderful Les Hart. Not in any specific order.

Don’t treat this as gospel, as I’m not 100%, but I think the majority are right. Sad Anorak will no doubt confirm.

Edited by shaker429

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shaker429 said:

Don Watson, Gordon Atherton, John McGrath, Brian Turner, Harry Bunner, Brian Gallagher, Frank Adams, Johnny Hubbard, Bill Calder, Don May, Bobby Conroy, Eddie Robertson, Allan Jackson, Bill Bradbury, Brian Eastham, Stan Hepton, Jim Lovie, Bill Holden, Tommy Neill, Johnny Robinson, with Manager Dave Russell, and the wonderful Les Hart. Not in any specific order.

Don’t treat this as gospel, as I’m not 100%, but I think the majority are right. Sad Anorak will no doubt confirm.

Agree with all those except Stan Hepton, who is not on it.  The player to the right of Don Watson is Graham McInnes and the player below Harry Bunner leaning forward is a reserve goalkeeper who I believe was called Joffrey MacKay. Not certain about the young player nearest the camera, probably is Geoff Tonge.  

Edited by Sad Anorak
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have one of you kind chaps time to name them all in  order, it will make a great quiz question ?

 

So far I have:

Dave Russell, Les Hart on the left hand side 

Back---Graham McInnes (head shot),  Don Watson, Tommy Neil,   ?,   Gordon Atherton, John McGrath, Brian Eastham, Brian Turner, Harry Bunner,   ?

Middle 3 kneeling --?,   Brian Gallagher, Allan Jackson.               Joffrey MacKay leaning forward.

Front-- Bill Calder , Bill Bradbury, Don May, Bobby Conroy, Johnny Hubbard, Frank Adams,   ?   (maybe Paul Durrant ?) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Far Left standing :- Dave Russell and Les Hart

Back Row standing :-  Johnny Robinson (leaning) with the head of Don Watson above him, Graham McInnes, Tommy Neill, Gordon Atherton, John McGrath, Brian Eastham, Brian Turner, Harry Bunner, Joffre Mackay (leaning), Bill Holden

Middle Row :- just heads and partial heads - Eddie Robertson, Brian Gallagher, Allan Jackson

Front Row :- all crouching - Bill Calder, Bill Bradbury, Don May, Bobby Conroy, Johnny Hubbard, Frank Adams, ?????

The final one is not Paul Durrant as he did not sign for us until July 1962.  I thought it might by Tony Moulden but he does not look like the photo attached which is Moulden a few years later at Peterborough.  I still think Jeff Tonge could be right as he would have been 18 at the time and had played in the previous season. 

 

Tony Moulden.jpg

Edited by Sad Anorak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sad Anorak said:

 

Far Left standing :- Dave Russell and Les Hart

Back Row standing :-  Johnny Robinson (leaning) with the head of Don Watson above him, Graham McInnes, Tommy Neill, Gordon Atherton, John McGrath, Brian Eastham, Brian Turner, Harry Bunner, Joffre Mackay (leaning), Bill Holden

Middle Row :- just heads and partial heads - Eddie Robertson, Brian Gallagher, Allan Jackson

Front Row :- all crouching - Bill Calder, Bill Bradbury, Don May, Bobby Conroy, Johnny Hubbard, Frank Adams, ?????

The final one is not Paul Durrant as he did not sign for us until July 1962.  I thought it might by Tony Moulden but he does not look like the photo attached which is Moulden a few years later at Peterborough.  I still think Jeff Tonge could be right as he would have been 18 at the time and had played in the previous season. 

 

Tony Moulden.jpg

Could the mystery man be Tony Bartley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the original picture on Bury Olden Days? I got banned from there for supposedly 'advertising' The Forgotten Fifteen, a book about something which happened in Bury in the olden days.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James said:

Is the original picture on Bury Olden Days? I got banned from there for supposedly 'advertising' The Forgotten Fifteen, a book about something which happened in Bury in the olden days.

Yes, and they played 4-4-2... 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sad Anorak said:

 

Far Left standing :- Dave Russell and Les Hart

Back Row standing :-  Johnny Robinson (leaning) with the head of Don Watson above him, Graham McInnes, Tommy Neill, Gordon Atherton, John McGrath, Brian Eastham, Brian Turner, Harry Bunner, Joffre Mackay (leaning), Bill Holden

Middle Row :- just heads and partial heads - Eddie Robertson, Brian Gallagher, Allan Jackson

Front Row :- all crouching - Bill Calder, Bill Bradbury, Don May, Bobby Conroy, Johnny Hubbard, Frank Adams, ?????

The final one is not Paul Durrant as he did not sign for us until July 1962.  I thought it might by Tony Moulden but he does not look like the photo attached which is Moulden a few years later at Peterborough.  I still think Jeff Tonge could be right as he would have been 18 at the time and had played in the previous season. 

 

Tony Moulden.jpg

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0