Beckford and Lavery
2 2

74 posts in this topic

Lavery’s shoulder looked like it had popped out. 

He didn’t look in too much pain when he walked off so hopefully it went back in and shouldn’t be out too long. 

44 minutes ago, arbury1 said:

Lavery’s shoulder looked like it had popped out. 

He didn’t look in too much pain when he walked off so hopefully it went back in and shouldn’t be out too long. 

Sorry but for me Moore needs a chance looked very good yesterday and him and Dagnall created and were involved in a lot of play yesterday keep them two there for next weekend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaker90 said:

Sorry but for me Moore needs a chance looked very good yesterday and him and Dagnall created and were involved in a lot of play yesterday keep them two there for next weekend. 

I'd agree with this - whenever he has come on he has made an impact. Arguably he is more suited to the right wing back role than Adams is. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, St1 said:

I'd agree with this - whenever he has come on he has made an impact. Arguably he is more suited to the right wing back role than Adams is. 

I’d leave Adams in the team. Even as wing-back, he’s giving us accurate crosses and corners, the likes of which have been sadly lacking at Gigg for several seasons. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, skyblueshaker said:

I’d leave Adams in the team. Even as wing-back, he’s giving us accurate crosses and corners, the likes of which have been sadly lacking at Gigg for several seasons. 

100%. Adams is crucial. It's not coincidence that we've done so well from set-pieces this season. He HAS to play. And he's done perfectly well at wing-back. The guy has to be one of the first names on the team sheet. Lowe certainly has some thinking to do though now. We tonked a team yesterday while missing a good four or five first team players. Stick or twist? A nice problem to have. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QWERTYOP said:

100%. Adams is crucial. It's not coincidence that we've done so well from set-pieces this season. He HAS to play. And he's done perfectly well at wing-back. The guy has to be one of the first names on the team sheet. Lowe certainly has some thinking to do though now. We tonked a team yesterday while missing a good four or five first team players. Stick or twist? A nice problem to have. 

Same starting 11 for me barring injuries, don't change a winning team. Tango mans team will be well organised scrapper's, its all he knows but its difficult to play against, so a tough test coming up.

13 minutes ago, arbury1 said:

I think Danns for O’Shea next week. That midfield 3 would struggle away from home. 

Danns, O’Connell if fit & Telford if fit would all be very tough calls for me. Moore did really well yesterday, but his goal return throughout his career isn’t good to say the least. 

18 minutes ago, arbury1 said:

I think Danns for O’Shea next week. That midfield 3 would struggle away from home. 

No, O'Shea is a good player and will get better if left in the team. 

4 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

Danns, O’Connell if fit & Telford if fit would all be very tough calls for me. Moore did really well yesterday, but his goal return throughout his career isn’t good to say the least. 

None are significantly better than those who played, leave it.

1 hour ago, 1903 said:

None are significantly better than those who played, leave it.

I disagree on all three counts. 

Away from home if possible back three of Aimson , Thompson and O'Connell .

Miller and Stokes making up the 5 to make us solid then 5 places left for your sparks of creativity and goals . Mayor and Adams have to be shoehorned in so that leaves 3 places for the rest to battle over. 

Edited by shakerite66

11 hours ago, russ hamer said:

Same starting 11 for me barring injuries, don't change a winning team. Tango mans team will be well organised scrapper's, its all he knows but its difficult to play against, so a tough test coming up.

We beat Morecambe by the odd goal and changed a winning team all be it because of injury and beat a better team 4-0. Play the best side available. Moore and Dagnall worked hard but I cannot see much of a goal return off either. We played some good stuff on Saturday but the scoreline flattered us. If Grimsby had taken a couple of their chances first half then it would have been a totally different game.

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

We beat Morecambe by the odd goal and changed a winning team all be it because of injury and beat a better team 4-0. Play the best side available. Moore and Dagnall worked hard but I cannot see much of a goal return off either. We played some good stuff on Saturday but the scoreline flattered us. If Grimsby had taken a couple of their chances first half then it would have been a totally different game.

There's a shed load of ifs in every game, play the same team attack and go for it, let them do the worrying.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bullockballamos said:

Things must be improving when we can win 4-0 without Beckford & O'Connell and Lavery!

Agreed

13 hours ago, QWERTYOP said:

He's also very quick, has an eye for a good pass and from what we've seen so far, an excellent work ethic.  Moore may not offer many/any goals this season but he does force the opposition into making mistakes whilst allowing his team mates to capitalise.  So far, he hasn't been easy to dispossess either.  Someone else suggested that both Moore and Dagnall are also prepared to act in defensive roles - making the most of a player's strengths will be absolutely crucial at our level.

Given the team's overall performance on Saturday I wouldn't change anything, unless circumstances such as injury or changing tactics dictate it.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, myrabury said:

He's also very quick, has an eye for a good pass and from what we've seen so far, an excellent work ethic.  Moore may not offer many/any goals this season but he does force the opposition into making mistakes whilst allowing his team mates to capitalise.  So far, he hasn't been easy to dispossess either.  Someone else suggested that both Moore and Dagnall are also prepared to act in defensive roles - making the most of a player's strengths will be absolutely crucial at our level.

Given the team's overall performance on Saturday I wouldn't change anything, unless circumstances such as injury or changing tactics dictate it.

I agree, but surely ONE of your strikers should offer a serious goal threat? You wouldn't play two Heskey's! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

I agree, but surely ONE of your strikers should offer a serious goal threat? You wouldn't play two Heskey's! 

Beckford and Dagnall is the partnership we need with Telford off the bench until that option is available we should go for Dagnall and Moore imo.

16 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

Beckford and Dagnall is the partnership we need with Telford off the bench until that option is available we should go for Dagnall and Moore imo.

I'd be perfectly happy with a Beckford Dagnall pairing. But Beckford is your goal threat there. With Beckford not right yet, you've surely got to be picking Telford as your goal scorer. Moore's goal scoring record is just bad, frankly. TWO in forty seven for Bristol Rovers, 4 in 51 for Port Vale. The man is not a goal scorer by any stretch of the imagination.