Beckford and Lavery
2 2

74 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

I emailed Ben Miles last week with an idea for the interviews. I politely asked whether it would be possible to include a fans question.

Thought it would make them more relevant to some and feel more interactive between club and fans.

Yet to receive a reply.

What will come first a reply or a total eclipse ?  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shakerite66 said:

What will come first a reply or a total eclipse ?  

Ha ha, yes a total eclipse of my heart. I did ask Ben politely, honest.   :sunny:

I`ll do as Postie says and try Karl.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Thanks, as a non tweeter I`ll try and mail Karl.

I’ll tweet him aswell 👍Anyone with an account likes will be most welcome along with a comment of support @mickrhodes68

Edited by Postieshaker

30 minutes ago, Postieshaker said:

I’ll tweet him aswell 👍Anyone with an account likes will be most welcome along with a comment of support @mickrhodes68 

That would be great, thanks. I`ll have a go at joining the twitter ranks in the morning and sending some support. 👍

1 hour ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

That would be great, thanks. I`ll have a go at joining the twitter ranks in the morning and sending some support. 👍

I've always thought of it as Twatter EinE, so on your own head be it!😁

Edited by StockportShakerPete

8 hours ago, StockportShakerPete said:

Oh the boy can twitter or twatter on with the best of them!!

14 hours ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

I emailed Ben Miles last week with an idea for the interviews. I politely asked whether it would be possible to include a fans question.

Thought it would make them more relevant to some and feel more interactive between club and fans.

Yet to receive a reply.

Embarrassing, nearly as embarrassing as the actual interviews, all it takes is a polite thanks but no thanks.

Edited by Barry P

14 hours ago, Postieshaker said:

I`m in Twitterland now but seem to have fallen at the first hurdle in finding the comment on your page to like it.

12 hours ago, StockportShakerPete said:

4 hours ago, Keithh said:

Oh the boy can twitter or twatter on with the best of them!!

I have apprehensively joined. As a Facebook/twitter virgin I am worried that I may now be pregnant.

Also worried that I`ll end up buying a pair of ripped jeans today and calling people Bro.  

4 hours ago, Barry P said:

Embarrassing, nearly as embarrassing as the actual interviews, all it takes is a polite thanks but no thanks.

Like you say Barry, I did expect at least a reply. He is a busy fella with the amount of interviews and work he does. But he is our media coordinator.

Like you say Barry, I did expect at least a reply. He is a busy fella with the amount of interviews and work he does. But he is our media coordinator.

This is Karl’s reply

Hi Michael. Thanks for that - will put it to our media team.

ive asked him to let us know one way or the other. Let’s see how long it takes for a reply this time 😀

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Postieshaker said:

Thanks for contacting Karl. I`m on there and seen your good self but unable to operate the twitter machine at the mo.  

46 minutes ago, Postieshaker said:

Looks like we’re in business. Well done ExiledinEgeley for the idea. Look forward to it being put in place 

E78EAB56-A716-44BB-BECD-87242C067A8C.png

Well that tweet of yours certainly got things moving. Thanks again Postie.  👍

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

sounds very passive aggressive does mr miles.

Hmmmm, you`ve got me thinking there is he?

This is what I sent him on the 5th Sep

Hello Ben,

Bury fan here, hope you don`t mind me contacting you via email.

While I appreciate and enjoy your interviews with staff and players, there are occasions that I think I wish Ben had asked this. For example after last nights game I wanted to ask why more of the youth players didn’t get some game time? With this in mind I wondered if it would be possible to ask one fans question per interview.

Maybe fans could contact you immediately after a game and you could choose a relevant question.

I understand that you can`t grill Ryan Jeremy Paxman style or have staff/players answering questions all night, but thought it would be a good way for fans to feel more involved and enhance the feeling of communication with the club.

Thanks in advance Ben

Gary Mcmahon

He replied a short while age after Posties tweet and I`m presuming Karl contacting him.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your e-mail and your suggestion.

This is something we will consider.

Kind Regards,

BEN MILES
Media Coordinator |  Supporter Liaison Officer

Direct Dial: 0161 696 8500

Hello Ben,

While I appreciate and enjoy your interviews with staff and players, there are occasions that I think I wish Ben had asked this. For example after last nights game I wanted to ask why more of the youth players didn’t get some game time? With this in mind I wondered if it would be possible to ask one fans question per interview.

Maybe fans could contact you immediately after a game and you could choose a relevant question.

I understand that you can`t grill Ryan Jeremy Paxman style or have staff/players answering questions all night, but thought it would be a good way for fans to feel more involved and enhance the feeling of communication with the club.

Thanks in advance Ben

Gary Mcmahon

He replied a short while age after Posties tweet and I`m presuming Karl contacting him.

Hi Gary,

Kind Regards,

BEN MILES

Must of got a bollocking 😂

Edited by Postieshaker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, russ hamer said:

Well done Postie n Edge, Me being a Luddite have just sent em a message on my tom tom's.

Cheers Russ, I didn't know you could send messages off your sat nav ;)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

The amount of work his tongue has done to get him this job he should me more than used to it.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Hello Ben,

Thanks in advance Ben

Gary Mcmahon

Hi Gary,

Kind Regards,

BEN MILES

An absolutely pathetic reply