We have to talk about McFadzean
1 1

133 posts in this topic

Played really well alongside Mayor. Was a joy to watch those two working together like that down the left. 

Good (but obvious) tactic by Lowe to put Mayor on the left up against Hunt in the second half.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

He did, linked up well with Mayor.

He also did well last Saturday 

Only contracted until January, as is Maynard. Both hopefully will be offered extensions before another club takes them! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, still running man said:

Was given MOM by our commentators on ifollow today, followed by O'Shea.

Oh dear, the doom mongers will have to search for another scapegoat.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jon said:

Played really well alongside Mayor. Was a joy to watch those two working together like that down the left. 

Good (but obvious) tactic by Lowe to put Mayor on the left up against Hunt in the second half.

Brings the best out in Mayor, bit like when Hussey was here. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Shaker Ryan said:

Brings the best out in Mayor, bit like when Hussey was here. 

McFadzean`s best game for us today, doubling up well with Danny going forward. Would be even more effective with Styles starting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, still running man said:

Was given MOM by our commentators on ifollow today, followed by O'Shea.

McFadzean thoroughly deserved it. Thought O’Shea went AWOL for large chunks of the game.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

McFadzean`s best game for us today, doubling up well with Danny going forward. Would be even more effective with Styles starting.

Styles is criminally underused.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shaker Ryan said:

Only contracted until January, as is Maynard. Both hopefully will be offered extensions before another club takes them! 

This. 

10 minutes ago, skyblueshaker said:

Even more criminal when you think that O’Shea starts ahead of him. 

I watched O'Shea closely today.  I can't work out what he brings to the team.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, skyblueshaker said:

McFadzean thoroughly deserved it. Thought O’Shea went AWOL for large chunks of the game.  

It would be harsh to say that O’Shea played badly today, however i’m not sure what he actually contributes. 

I agree that Styles should be playing, but I did predict when his move to Barnsley was announced that he would be a perennial substitute.

Edited by scales of justice

57 minutes ago, Shaker Norra said:

Styles is criminally underused.

As soon as he came on he made an obvious improvement to the team, as he did against Mansfield. Our best midfielder and he`s on the bench.

• Like 1

McFadzean my MOM his best game for us so far but that's another 2pts dropped for me, the opposition were poor and its a game we should have won. Would Barnsley extend Callum's loan when all he get's is 20 minutes here and there, if we want him for longer then we have to play him more. As a summary it was a good 2nd half but we must be more clinical if we're to improve, in Lg1 I think we would be bottom 6.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, russ hamer said:

McFadzean my MOM his best game for us so far but that's another 2pts dropped for me, the opposition were poor and its a game we should have won. Would Barnsley extend Callum's loan when all he get's is 20 minutes here and there, if we want him for longer then we have to play him more. As a summary it was a good 2nd half but we must be more clinical if we're to improve, in Lg1 I think we would be bottom 6.

It's that sort of realism that has no place on this board. Now if you'd said this side is progressing well and I expect them to be competing at the Nou Camp in 5 years...………..

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

As soon as he came on he made an obvious improvement to the team, as he did against Mansfield. Our best midfielder and he`s on the bench.

Fact!

I do rate O’Shea, but he isn’t a CM. I just can’t understand why Lowe persists with playing O’Shea in there when we have one of the most talented players at the club sat on bench, and waiting to be recalled. A Danns and Styles partnership is what it should be. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Shaker Norra said:

Fact!

I do rate O’Shea, but he isn’t a CM. I just can’t understand why Lowe persists with playing O’Shea in there when we have one of the most talented players at the club sat on bench, and waiting to be recalled. A Danns and Styles partnership is what it should be. 

Maybe, just maybe, Lowe is planning for when Styles does finally fly our nest.

1 hour ago, Shaker Norra said:

Fact!

What do you reckon he is then .?

1 hour ago, still running man said:

That, or Lowe’s under instruction from Barnsley to slow down on how many games Styles gets? Who knows. Shame though, we’ll miss him when he’s gone!

59 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

What do you reckon he is then .?

He’s a CAM isn’t he. Always has been and will always influence by playing there. He’s just never really had an extended run in that position for us due to wrong formations, injuries or other players being in insane form (Mayor).

I don’t think we’ll ever truly see the best of O’Shea, unfortunately, but he is a top class player for this level when being played correctly!

3 hours ago, still running man said:

Play styles get the points on the board and then worry about it that's my thinking Ian

• Like 2

Callum needs to add goals to his game and he is going to start doing that soon. For whatever the reason he is not starting game's we don't know but it's what he needs and it's what we need, if the reason is just selection and the managers preference then that's a problem. When ever I watch Jay O'Shea he has a good 20 minutes in a game, that isn't enough, it wasn't enough last season in Lg1 and it isn't enough in Lg2

10 hours ago, Shaker Norra said:

He’s a CAM isn’t he. Always has been and will always influence by playing there. He’s just never really had an extended run in that position for us due to wrong formations, injuries or other players being in insane form (Mayor).

I don’t think we’ll ever truly see the best of O’Shea, unfortunately, but he is a top class player for this level when being played correctly!

He's playing centre midfield, and is the most attack minded of the two. 

He just doesn't stamp any influence on games IMO.