Bury FC Message Board
singaporeshaker

Flickers back at Gigg!!!

Flitcroft is a million miles away from Clark.

He did a good job for the first 18 months, and we played some excellent football--and a promotion.

After that , he just appeared to lose the plot

• Like 12

Although I was glad when he went, and as others mentioned, appeared to lose the plot after that September, deserves a decent reception. Tried his hardest for the club and was always a nice bloke on the couple of occasions I spoke to him. Hope we batter them 4-0. 

• Like 4

Played 122 games for us as a player, and brought us a promotion as a manager. Yes things went tits up for him at the end, but that’s football management. It happens more often than not. Anything other than a good reception for him would be embarrassing. 

• Like 6

I hope he gets the reception he deserves.

A very warm one.

I'm not really one for giving returning players and management grief anyway, but I wouldn't dream of doing this to a guy who got us a promotion.

Never met him but I have never heard anything bad from those who have.

I suppose that the odd ( very odd! ) person gave Stan the Man grief on his first visit back here, everyone is different, but I suspect the majority will do the right thing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mickcotton said:

A very warm one.

I'm not really one for giving returning players and management grief anyway, but I wouldn't dream of doing this to a guy who got us a promotion.

I suppose that the odd ( very odd! ) person gave Stan the Man grief on his first visit back here, everyone is different, but I suspect the majority will do the right thing?

I remember very loud jeers of 'Ternent what's the score' throughout that game, particularly as that fantastic first half wore on. 

4 minutes ago, mickcotton said:

A very warm one.

I won't be giving that odious man a warm welcome, to put him in the same bracket as a great manager like Stan is incomprehensible in my mind. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

I won't be giving that odious man a warm welcome, to put him in the same bracket as a great manager like Stan is incomprehensible in my mind. 

Why is he odious?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 1903 said:

Why is he odious?

The way he blamed others for his own failings and the way he treated the likes of Danny Rose, Peter Clarke, Jacob Mellis and others would be reasons to believe this he also employed a bully to make sure he got what he wanted from powers above.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Barry P said:

I remember very loud jeers of 'Ternent what's the score' throughout that game, particularly as that fantastic first half wore on. 

I presume you're referring to the Boxing Day game but Stan's first return was almost immediate in a League Cup game wasn't it? I remember Steve Redmond and Kiely having their first of a few communication breakdowns resulting in a Burnley goal.

We stuffed them in the second leg at Burnley.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

The way he blamed others for his own failings and the way he treated the likes of Danny Rose, Peter Clarke, Jacob Mellis and others would be reasons to believe this he also employed a bully to make sure he got what he wanted from powers above.

That doesn't make him odious, that makes him a football manager who runs a football team the way he thinks is right. Like just about every manager in the business. On a personal level people who have met him tend to like him.

• Like 1

Just now, 1903 said:

That doesn't make him odious, that makes him a football manager who runs a football team the way he thinks is right. Like just about every manager in the business. On a personal level people who have met him tend to like him.

I've met him and dislike him a lot very arrogant and as I say the reasons above the blaming of fans for the poor results yet his tactics and putting players out of position would never be under question in his mind.

50 minutes ago, smancshakerisback said:

I’ll certainly applaud him before cheering us on. Anyone jeering the bloke has forgotten about that wonderful afternoon at Tranmere 3 years ago. 

Either that or they will be remembering the endless crushing defeats away from home, the laughable goalkeeper roulette, the massive injury list, the endless falling out with players, good or promising players released or sold for no apparent reason. Injured, unfit and out of form players played constantly regardless of anything, and played totally out of position. The constant churn of rubbish/average loan players signed and played at the expense of our youngsters, the same youngsters he constantly claimed to be blooding, but actually rarely did. Then there was the insults to the fans and the capitulation in numerous local derbies. 

I am not creating an argument here or trying to troll, I certainly won't be booing him in the MS, I'll be in the SS as normal. I am however merely looking at it from the other side of the coin. Flitcroft's tenure and how he is or should be perceived by Bury fans makes for an interesting debate. 

I've met him and dislike him a lot very arrogant and as I say the reasons above the blaming of fans for the poor results yet his tactics and putting players out of position would never be under question in his mind.

Oh dear

1 minute ago, Barry P said:

Either that or they will be remembering the endless crushing defeats away from home, the laughable goalkeeper roulette, the massive injury list, the endless falling out with players, good or promising players released or sold for no apparent reason. Injured, unfit and out of form players played constantly regardless of anything, and played totally out of position. The constant churn of rubbish/average loan players signed and played at the expense of our youngsters, the same youngsters he constantly claimed to be blooding, but actually rarely did. Then there was the insults to the fans and the capitulation in numerous local derbies. 

I am not creating an argument here or trying to troll, I certainly won't be booing him in the MS, I'll be in the SS as normal. I am however merely looking at it from the other side of the coin. Flitcroft's tenure and how he is or should be perceived by Bury fans makes for an interesting debate. 

Like winning the lottery and bemoaning it wasn’t a roll over

can find negative in anything but prior to that MOM we were very pleasing on the eye, good results wise and on the up

• Like 2

Certainly well put I won't be giving him a warm reception but have no need to be changing stands to abuse him, I dislike the bloke and his assistant I told them both during their tenure at Bury to their faces.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

I wonder how you came across to him!?

• Like 1

Certainly well put I won't be giving him a warm reception but have no need to be changing stands to abuse him, I dislike the bloke and his assistant I told them both during their tenure at Bury to their faces.

But you expect him to warm to you.

2 minutes ago, 1903 said:

I wonder how you came across to him!?

I told him my grievances in a calm and collected manner if you must know.

5 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

If we are being fair, we can easily list a fair few good things that he did during his tenure at Bury, that is why I think it makes for an interesting debate, good arguments on either side of the coin. However, IMO these good things came to a sudden stop after promotion. 

• Like 1

If we are being fair, we can easily list a fair few good things that he did during his tenure at Bury, that is why I think it makes for an interesting debate, good arguments on either side of the coin. However, IMO these good things came to a sudden stop after promotion. 

Correct some of his signings were class, when things were good they were very good but when they were poor for me they outweighed a lot of the positives but as you say its a debate that can go on for an absolute age.

• Like 3