Omotayo
2 2

83 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Check out mystic Russ.  🔮   

The law of averages state that even I am right once in a while. They were very good finishes and he has proven quality but can he stay fit?

57 minutes ago, russ hamer said:

The law of averages state that even I am right once in a while. They were very good finishes and he has proven quality but can he stay fit?

Only time will tell, but for someone who has played only 2 league games this season he lasted well. We have only signed him until January, so need to make our minds up quickly on whether to sign him on a longer deal or else someone else will. Would like to see him upfront with Telford at Crewe.

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:45, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Only time will tell, but for someone who has played only 2 league games this season he lasted well. We have only signed him until January, so need to make our minds up quickly on whether to sign him on a longer deal or else someone else will. Would like to see him upfront with Telford at Crewe.

Keep it as it is for me, plus Dagnall and Maynard are both ex Crewe, I always like it when we play a teams ex player against them.

41 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

Keep it as it is for me, plus Dagnall and Maynard are both ex Crewe, I always like it when we play a teams ex player against them.

Totally agree.  Just as I hate it when we have ex-players on the field against us - who mentioned Danny Rose?!

30 minutes ago, another_terry said:

Totally agree.  Just as I hate it when we have ex-players on the field against us - who mentioned Danny Rose?!

Et Tu Danny!!

1 hour ago, shaker90 said:

...... Dagnall and Maynard are both ex Crewe, I always like it when we play a teams ex player against them.

Plus Ryan Lowe of course. Chris Porter lines up for them and always seems to score against us. 

3 hours ago, shaker90 said:

Good point, had`nt thought about the returning player effect. Yes keep it the same for Saturday, but long term would like to see more of Telford.

Great options upfront and that`s without Beckford. 

• Like 1

Wasn`t it Alan Knill who used to have two strikers on the pitch and two on the bench?  The two who started were charged with giving the defenders a hard time for 60 minutes and getting them chasing round, and then (subject to injuries not fouling things up) he`d bring on the other two - fresh against tiring legs.

4 hours ago, shaker90 said:

…..as is Lord Byron.  Maybe we should go for THREE up front!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, another_terry said:

Wasn`t it Alan Knill who used to have two strikers on the pitch and two on the bench?  The two who started were charged with giving the defenders a hard time for 60 minutes and getting them chasing round, and then (subject to injuries not fouling things up) he`d bring on the other two - fresh against tiring legs.

Not strikers - It was the 'high energy' players he replaced. At that time, it was Worrall and Jones that tended to get the hook with Kyle Bennett and AN Other entering the fray.

1 hour ago, Original Dave Nugent said:

Not strikers - It was the 'high energy' players he replaced. At that time, it was Worrall and Jones that tended to get the hook with Kyle Bennett and AN Other entering the fray.

Raachi

• Like 1

Back on topic, I still don't get why people want to abuse some players until they're driven out of the club. Maguire is an exception, of course, no matter what success he has at Sunderland he deserves all the stick he gets if we ever come up against the shithouse again. Danns got some terrible abuse but came back after his loan spell and is now possibly the first name on the team sheet. Smith, of course, was the worst player ever to don a Bury shirt, according to some, but is now playing in the Championship. Ironically we could do with a player of his type to pressure the "big brute" defenders we come up against and Ryan Lowe might have been just the one to get the best out of him. To give such abuse to two young players who have made a big step up in level, and were never intended to be regular squad members, is frankly out of order. In my opinion of course.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, RNaj1 said:

Back on topic, I still don't get why people want to abuse some players until they're driven out of the club. Maguire is an exception, of course, no matter what success he has at Sunderland he deserves all the stick he gets if we ever come up against the shithouse again. Danns got some terrible abuse but came back after his loan spell and is now possibly the first name on the team sheet. Smith, of course, was the worst player ever to don a Bury shirt, according to some, but is now playing in the Championship. Ironically we could do with a player of his type to pressure the "big brute" defenders we come up against and Ryan Lowe might have been just the one to get the best out of him. To give such abuse to two young players who have made a big step up in level, and were never intended to be regular squad members, is frankly out of order. In my opinion of course.

…...and in mine.  Totally agree.  There is absolutely no excuse.

Fact about the matter is, nearly everyone on here (including me) suggested we had a punt at bringing in players from non league, instead of big time, aging champagne Charlies!. The club obliged and the players should be given a chance. 

Ok. If it doesn't work out, at least the club gave most of us us what we wanted.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bullockballamos said:

Fact about the matter is, nearly everyone on here (including me) suggested we had a punt at bringing in players from non league, instead of big time, aging champagne Charlies!. The club obliged and the players should be given a chance. 

Ok. If it doesn't work out, at least the club gave most of us us what we wanted.

I don't think it is guaranteed it won't work out yet, also I'm still excited about Archer thought he looked brilliant when he came on against Liverpool lots of movement and was unlucky not to score.

• Like 1

Wow Qwerty your family and friends must love your negativity.

Ok Gold hasn't torn up trees, but he is FAR from the worst striker we have had in even the past 3 years. How we have needed Gold defending corners these past few games?! He is somehow dominant in his own box, just needs to apply that to the attacking side. Needs more training on how to use his size. But like I said, he is FAR from the worst striker we have had.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sittingonthefence said:

Wow Qwerty your family and friends must love your negativity.

My family & friends are none of your f ucking business. 

13 hours ago, QWERTYOP said:

I’ve not heard him get any abuse. 🤷‍♂️

I'm talking about on here where a couple of people have posted he's crap and we should get rid ASAP.

4 hours ago, bullockballamos said:

Yes there were quite a few shouts of why don`t we scour non-league for players, myself included. I think the club should be congratulated on the forwards brought in. Certainly the most difficult and expensive area to get right. having Dagnall, Moore, Telford and now Maynard with Beckford to return has allowed Lowe to send them out. Better to have them honing their skills elsewhere than not getting competitive game time. I haven't given up on them being a part of the team at a later date.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Yes there were quite a few shouts of why don`t we scour non-league for players, myself included. I think the club should be congratulated on the forwards brought in. Certainly the most difficult and expensive area to get right. having Dagnall, Moore, Telford and now Maynard with Beckford to return has allowed Lowe to send them out. Better to have them honing their skills elsewhere than not getting competitive game time. I haven't given up on them being a part of the team at a later date.

Not so sure about "Beckford to return"! Well not with us anyway. 

Mind, I was wrong about Mayor's return to top form!

8 hours ago, shaker90 said:

I don't think it is guaranteed it won't work out yet, also I'm still excited about Archer thought he looked brilliant when he came on against Liverpool lots of movement and was unlucky not to score.

If you are getting excited about Archer, can I suggest Tipping Point on ITV.

• Haha 1