Joe Murphy

42 posts in this topic

This thread may have been started with the best possible intentions but unfortunately, gives open house to those who espouse blame culture. At our current(temporary) level, the only way we would get a better keeper would be to unearth a young gem without fear who would be with us for a season at most before being snapped up for a pittance. Joe does have faults but if we leave him alone to do his job, he will be one of the rocks on which promotion will be achieved.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Maddentapin said:

Credit to Rose for not celebrating the goal, showed real dignity IMO.

Credit to Rose too for not goading the fans behind the goal !! 

• Haha 4

I was sat close to the incident in the Main Stand. Neither the ref or liner watching

75 % goalie error and 25 % opportunist striker !

In my opinion.

Looks like it’s just me and JD in the club but I don’t particularly rate Murphy either.

As for the incident yesterday, it depends on the angle in the ground from where you saw it but I’m convinced he just dropped it  and the TV replay hasn’t changed my opinion. 

Sky have just gone over the goal with Dermot Gallagher giving me the chance to look at the thing as many times as I want on a big screen in HD - Murphy ONE HUNDRED PERCENT simply drops the ball. There is zero contact with Rose before the drop. Rose reacts like lightening & yes he’s competitively physical AFTER the drop happens, but he wasn’t responsible for Murphy dropping the ball - Murphy was. 

10 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

Sky have just gone over the goal with Dermot Gallagher giving me the chance to look at the thing as many times as I want on a big screen in HD - Murphy ONE HUNDRED PERCENT simply drops the ball. There is zero contact with Rose before the drop. Rose reacts like lightening & yes he’s competitively physical AFTER the drop happens, but he wasn’t responsible for Murphy dropping the ball - Murphy was. 

Agreed, Murphy was just holding the ball in one hand.  With 2 hands he wouldn't have dropped it, even with some contact.

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 21:06, jd_bury881 said:

Just watched the goals. Murphy at fault for both. He’s not very good.

You're not very good at being a troll either, but we have to put up with you unfortunately.

• Like 1

I wonder whether the peculiar shape of Joe's head contributes to his occasional lapses? He looks like the son of the character "Exeter" who was the scientist from Metaluna in the wonderful science fiction movie, This Island Earth. Surely it affects his balance?

image.png.ea073b61bcfe42bccfc10932990300a2.pngimage.png.b031caabbc8dd3ec5fefe20807f5532f.png

Edited by exiile
sp

2 hours ago, scales of justice said:

Agreed, Murphy was just holding the ball in one hand.  With 2 hands he wouldn't have dropped it, even with some contact.

I'm not even convinced Rose nudges him and even if he did Murphy should be experienced enough to realise that could happen. As you say, he had it in one hand and drops it. Bit of a cock up but he did make an excellent save a few minutes later to deny Khan. 

3 hours ago, scales of justice said:

I think I detected a slight movement of Joe's left hand as if he was going to roll his sleeve up/down.

500 or so league matches in his career suggests that he must have been doing something right.

I am sure he has had more decent games for us than not. Anyone can make a bad mistake and as a 'keeper, such mistakes will get highlighted more so.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2018 at 13:04, RammyShaker said:

You're not very good at being a troll either, but we have to put up with you unfortunately.

On 08/10/2018 at 13:04, RammyShaker said:

Thank you for your comment 

On 06/10/2018 at 23:02, Barry P said:

Rose shoved him from behind for the first goal. It was a foul, he was not at fault. 

Watch it again Rose never touched him.

He made a mistake! Right we get that. Dont all players make mistakes? Difference as a goalkeeper there is no get out of jail card. Top keeper 

• Like 3