Bury FC Message Board
Kacc

More Notlob trouble

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/16966882.bolton-wanderers-are-served-with-winding-up-petition-from-hmrc/

They will pay their debts as usual - however Uncle Eddie was still helping them out just befire he dies so who knows? 

Reading down the article I came across this little beauty;

A winding-up petition was also filed on September 11 by Front Row Marketing, a Philadelphia-based sports and entertainments firm who were used to expand the club’s “branding, sales and marketing footprint

Can some kind person translate the bit in bold into English for me please? Still don't know what "synergy" means so I've no chance with that lot.

Wonder what's happened to the celebrity chef's WUP against Notlob??

As for translation of management consultancy-speak, try Flicker, I'm sure he'll be able to "drill down" into it "going forward"! 

1 hour ago, giggabyte said:

Wonder what's happened to the celebrity chef's WUP against Notlob??

As for translation of management consultancy-speak, try Flicker, I'm sure he'll be able to "drill down" into it "going forward"! 

I heard simewhere, on GMR I think that an 'agreement had been reached!'

branding, sales and marketing footprint

I kind of get branding and sales, but marketing footprint is a whole load of baloney to me.

Front Row Marketing, a Philadelphia-based sports.

Are there no marketing firms closer to home, sounds like an excuse for business trips (substitute the word jollies) to The States.

Any excuse to get out of Bolton--ehh!

26 minutes ago, Maddentapin said:

I heard simewhere, on GMR I think that an 'agreement had been reached!'

branding, sales and marketing footprint

I kind of get branding and sales, but marketing footprint is a whole load of baloney to me.

Front Row Marketing, a Philadelphia-based sports.

Are there no marketing firms closer to home, sounds like an excuse for business trips (substitute the word jollies) to The States.

Any excuse to get out of Bolton--ehh!

For no good reason I was in Bolton town centre last Friday evening around 9.30-10 ish (pm) around the hotspots of Churchate/Deansgate.
In my youth at that time virtually every one of the 20, what 30-odd pubs would be heaving, without exception.
Friday - barely a soul. It looked like 9.30pm on a wet monday. Even the beggars have packed it in, the place is so dead. No passing trade. 
I will do a Friday or Saturday in Bury at some stage just to see the difference. 

Edited by Kacc

37 minutes ago, Kacc said:

For no good reason I was in Bolton town centre last Friday evening around 9.30-10 ish (pm) around the hotspots of Churchate/Deansgate.
In my youth at that time virtually every one of the 20, what 30-odd pubs would be heaving, without exception.
Friday - barely a soul. It looked like 9.30pm on a wet monday. Even the beggars have packed it in, the place is so dead. No passing trade. 
I will do a Friday or Saturday in Bury at some stage just to see the difference. 

Look forward to your report.

To be fair the 'pubs' are a dying out genrally, far cheaper to get your alchohol of choice, Dvd and a pizza in.

Pub in Prestwich used to be very busy Friday/Saturday, last Friday 11pm, there were probably a couple of dozen in at best!

4 hours ago, Kacc said:

Used to love The Man and Scythe!

4 minutes ago, StockportShakerPete said:

Used to love The Man and Scythe!

Still there and must be the exception that proves the rule. Probably outlive all the trendy boom-boom bars that come and go down Bradshawgate. At the other side there's the Alma, heavy rock pub with friendly punters, and there's that real ale pub deep inside the Vaults, ironically the one decent place to drink in hits you with a long walk to the bogs!! But that's about it, not worth leaving Bury for. 

• Thanks 1

More wages issues today with delayed payments. But the most encouraging thins all the "takeover" bids seem to be in dificulty 

Ken Anderson confirmed today that his attempts to sell Bolton have stalled because potential investors have failed to show proof of funding.

Bolton News.

Edited by Kacc
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kacc said:

More wages issues today with delayed payments. But the most encouraging thins all the "takeover" bids seem to be in dificulty 

Bolton News.

Has Stewie put in a bid then? ALLEGEDLY.

26 minutes ago, postcorvus said:

Has Stewie put in a bid then? ALLEGEDLY.

He did, a personally signed photograph of John McGinlay which he said he would auction off to pay for taking over the club. 3p should cover it.

• Haha 1

I thought the issue with "Super John" (pah!) McGinlay wasn't the fact he left us and eventually went to Bolton, but the horrific and potentially career ending challenge on one of our players who was, if I remember correctly, a former team mate and also went unpunished by the referee. Although Maguire remains unassailable as No 1 hate figure, I'd put McGinlay as joint No 2 along with Colin.

23 minutes ago, RNaj1 said:

I thought the issue with "Super John" (pah!) McGinlay wasn't the fact he left us and eventually went to Bolton, but the horrific and potentially career ending challenge on one of our players who was, if I remember correctly, a former team mate and also went unpunished by the referee. Although Maguire remains unassailable as No 1 hate figure, I'd put McGinlay as joint No 2 along with Colin.

Warnock and McGinlay for me are head and shoulders above Maguire in terms of my hatred. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Warnock and McGinlay for me are head and shoulders above Maguire in terms of my hatred. 

Give him time. A few more outbursts from Chris this season and he might move up your list. Thinking of all three, believe it is disgraceful that anyone would not want the honour of playing for or managing Bury.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

100%. Can't say I really care about McGuire. I find the obsession some have with him a bit odd. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Just for you Martyn!

Listening to Jack Dearden, and others, on the radio going to the match today and it seems Bolton are well and truly in the poo. The players, apparently, are allowed to leave as free agents should this non payment go beyond 14 days and they are already into the 8th day. The owner, reportedly, promised that payment would definitely be made last Thursday, it wasn't and no one seems to have any idea where he is in order to clarify what happened. Phil Parkinson apparently under consideration for a return to Reading and who would blame him for leaving this shambles behind, anyone in their squad who we'd be interested in on a freebie?, assuming our gates aren't padlocked in January as well, of course.

seems Phil Parkinson all but a shoe-in now for the Resding job. IMO he has been Boltons saviour on the pitch. Who on earth would fancy that job now?

And Bolton News reporting tonight that contrary to earlier reports the PFA are not presently willing to bail out the club on part payment of player salaries due to a live outstanding WUP.