Who’s off to Crewe then? / train times from Manchester Piccadilly

47 posts in this topic

The Shakers most local trip so far at 50-or-so miles. We are in decent form and seem capable of winning away for the first time in a long time!

I’ll be hoping for a following of 650+ which given the distance wouldn’t be unrealistic. Possibly the easiest away day in the league bar Oldham, train straight to Crewe from Manchester Piccadilly then over the bridge to the ground. 

13 minutes ago, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

Train services may be affected by strike action.

Is it Virgin trains on strike, Northern or both? 

I will be there. First away day of the season and probably last for a while with a little un on the way in the near future.

Part of me is very up for it on the basis of recent form but another part of me knows it's Bury, it's October. Would take a decent performance and a point.

Only Northern trains on strike. Virgin and Arriva Trains Wales both run a service every hour from Picc so should be able to get plenty of us there. 

Got + 4 who wouldn't normally come attending with us so getting very giddy now. 

4 hours ago, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

Northern Trains are on strike

Shouldn’t make a blind bit of difference to their usual service, then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, shaker90 said:

Me and 11 others n a virgin train at around 11:30.

Well I wasn't sure, but now I am defo on the 11:55 one, not cos I dislike carnage more just to avoid talking about Peaky Blinders. Unspecified carnage can take place in the pub. :-)

A rare away game for me (along with a buddy who doesn't manage to get to many games because of work).

A work colleague of mine (Stockport fan) recommends The Borough Arms for anyone who likes real ale. About a 20 minute walk from the ground though.....

Working in the morning , bt hope to finish early and get there on train. First away game this season and not seen us win away since Sheff Utd 3-1. Remember losing 3-0 here when Schumacher got sent off and a classic 3-2 win when a certain Tom Elliott scored when on loan. We was in total crontrol last time when we drew 3-3 here and flicker got abuse from a section of our fans 

Edited by Postieshaker

https://www.thetrainline.com/train-times/manchester-to-crewe/13-oct-2018/0900  let's take a good following just over 30 minutes on train and ground is adjacent to station more or less. Support your local team👍

• Like 3

X 2 going here. Think we will have decent following to Crewe. The first away game this season that is not a massive effort to get too. I think we might take 700+.

Get us a win boys and a clean sheet!