The latest royal wedding.
2 2

26 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:38, preston exile said:

Who is she again ?

Two million out of the public purse for security !

Really ?

Suspect they won't pay till a CCJ is issued.

According to Google she's a royal who doesn't carry out any official engagements so doesn't get any police "protection" out of the public purse, so not quite sure why £2 million was shelled out for this shindig. As with all these "events" it's the "saddo's", apart from the tourists of course, who line the route and often sleep out overnight to get a good spot who define these things. Don't get it myself, but as with street parties, eurovision parties etc., I suppose it keeps them off the streets. 😏

7 hours ago, kingcreo-sote said:

This saddo loved it 😊

And compared to the trillion quid debt this government have got us + May's £120 million for a brexit fest?? Not even a drop in the ocean and the town of Windsor will certainly benefit.

• Like 1

We shouldn't complain when we have all been benefiting so much from the £22bn a year worth of income tax cuts we have had since 2010 :~)

The monarchy are a disgrace. The entire concept of monarchy is morally indefensible. No mention of the cost to the public purse from our completely free media, of course. Just the usual sycophantic, blanket pro-monarchy fawning. Disgraceful, and frankly scary. We invade countries for less. 

1 hour ago, QWERTYOP said:

The monarchy are a disgrace. The entire concept of monarchy is morally indefensible. No mention of the cost to the public purse from our completely free media, of course. Just the usual sycophantic, blanket pro-monarchy fawning. Disgraceful, and frankly scary. We invade countries for less. 

Having a Queen as opposed to  President May or Corbyn is probably the only thing left that keeps me sane :~)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, still running man said:

And compared to the trillion quid debt this government have got us + May's £120 million for a brexit fest?? Not even a drop in the ocean and the town of Windsor will certainly benefit.

This government Ian!

20 hours ago, stonekeeper said:

We shouldn't complain when we have all been benefiting so much from the £22bn a year worth of income tax cuts we have had since 2010 :~)

Yes we have.

Just got back from Morocco and, believe me, the fawning in this country is not in the same league as that over there. Whatever the King has done today is shown on every news broadcast in French, Spanish and Arabic over and over again and usually the next morning as well. This is someone exposed in the Paradise Papers, along with his cronies, of creaming off millions into Offshore Accounts but, of course, he can't be criticized in any shape or form by the media over there.

3 hours ago, RNaj1 said:

Just got back from Morocco and, believe me, the fawning in this country is not in the same league as that over there. Whatever the King has done today is shown on every news broadcast in French, Spanish and Arabic over and over again and usually the next morning as well. This is someone exposed in the Paradise Papers, along with his cronies, of creaming off millions into Offshore Accounts but, of course, he can't be criticized in any shape or form by the media over there.

And our monarch is?! 

13 minutes ago, still running man said:

Certainly on here !! ;) (and, as yet, nobody has been beheaded)

Sorry mate...you've gone! :behead:

Vive la révolution!!!

11 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

Sorry mate...you've gone! :behead:

Vive la révolution!!!

Don't you start!! Just remember that this country tried a republic once, remind me how long that lasted???? :D 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, QWERTYOP said:

And our monarch is?! 

A couple of hundred years ago you would have been hung drawn and quarted for saying owt like that😃

On 16/10/2018 at 16:27, QWERTYOP said:

Why is it morally indefensible?

12 hours ago, 1903 said:

Why is it morally indefensible?

I think some people think it is morally wrong to use tax payers money on a Tourist attraction, business generator and Country ambassadors when we could be giving better tax breaks for high earners to bank off shore :~)

• Like 3

If we are talking  morally indefensible the Queen comes nowhere near the list in my opinion. Top of my list would be water meters in people's homes and the Euro lottery, maybe we can bin that after Brexit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1903 said:

If we are talking  morally indefensible the Queen comes nowhere near the list in my opinion. Top of my list would be water meters in people's homes and the Euro lottery, maybe we can bin that after Brexit.

I agree about water meters but the Euromillions is one of the only hopes poor people have of escaping our financial systems, that are designed to keep the poor from gaining wealth.

1 hour ago, stonekeeper said:

I agree about water meters but the Euromillions is one of the only hopes poor people have of escaping our financial systems, that are designed to keep the poor from gaining wealth.

Don't need £100 million though. A couple of million is plenty.

2 minutes ago, 1903 said:

Don't need £100 million though. A couple of million is plenty.

When it is not won the "Rollover" money should be spread amongst the lower prizes the following draw so the top prize always stays roughly the same.

• Like 4