Bury V Crewe matchday
2 2

66 posts in this topic

We had more than enough chances to win that, very disappointed we haven't come away with the three points. Dagnall needs dropping next week in my opinion he's offered nothing in the last two games. 

11 minutes ago, T.A said:

We had more than enough chances to win that, very disappointed we haven't come away with the three points. Dagnall needs dropping next week in my opinion he's offered nothing in the last two games. 

I disagree. Whilst I think taking him off for Telford was the right thing at the time, for a spell we lost momentum as Dagnall was key to bringing numerous players into the game. 

That said, I do think Maynard would still have a threatening partner in the shape of Telford should he start. 

• Like 3

Im not sure, to me he looks less effective than he was earlier in the season. 

I didn’t think that there was too much between the teams in the first half, neither keeper having a shot to save.

Another poor goal conceded, Aimson appeared to misjudge the ball, and then blame Adams for presumably not marking their scorer. 

Second half we dominated and should have won. Their centre half played well and keeper made 3 good saves.

Styles again showed he is a class above, and both he and Telford should start IMO. 

1 hour ago, Kacc said:

Just about to come on and say sack the manager, the team's rubbish, Day Out and they spoil it by going and scoring. 1 - 1.

My feelings now are if they go behind, as opposed to the last goodness knows how ling, is we will come back.

There's never a bad time to say Day Out.😉

We were superb second half and only their very good keeper denied 3 points. Maynard, Mayor and the oh so terrible McFadzean competing for MOTM. 

Think we need to talk about McFadzean again.

Edited by Willyklein
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

I didn’t think that there was too much between the teams in the first half, neither keeper having a shot to save.

Another poor goal conceded, Aimson appeared to misjudge the ball, and then blame Adams for presumably not marking their scorer. 

Second half we dominated and should have won. Their centre half played well and keeper made 3 good saves.

Styles again showed he is a class above, and both he and Telford should start IMO. 

I agree, Telford and Maynard could be a lethal partnership.

Hopefully Barnsley will let us keep Styles for the season, his precision passing is Championship standard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our hard work and hard luck are apitimised by Dagnall. Simply no contstant threat, its more of a suprise if he scores not an expectation. Crosses wasted as he can't get on to end of them. Time for him to let someone else start upfront. Thought Beckford appeared on the bench a couple of weeks ago, anyone know what happened ? 

1 hour ago, Jon said:

I disagree. Whilst I think taking him off for Telford was the right thing at the time, for a spell we lost momentum as Dagnall was key to bringing numerous players into the game. 

That said, I do think Maynard would still have a threatening partner in the shape of Telford should he start. 

Absolutely spot on, Jon. I’m not Dagnall’s biggest fan but he played very well today, doesn’t panic on the ball like some of the players. We pummelled the Crewe goal all the second half but just prior to Dagnall going off was when we were the most dangerous.  

Edited by skyblueshaker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A great second half performance, which should have brought us the three points. Mayor & Fadz, like others have said, linking up very well. Obviously Lowe gave them a talking to at half time as we came out quicker, snappier, and didn’t give them a minute on the ball. I agree with Scales, I’d love to see a partnership of Maynard & Telford. Pace, intelligence, hard work and clinical finishing that’s could terrorise defences. My MOTM was Thompson, I thought he was immense today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, seasideshaker said:

A great second half performance, which should have brought us the three points. Mayor & Fadz, like others have said, linking up very well. Obviously Lowe gave them a talking to at half time as we came out quicker, snappier, and didn’t give them a minute on the ball. I agree with Scales, I’d love to see a partnership of Maynard & Telford. Pace, intelligence, hard work and clinical finishing that’s could terrorise defences. My MOTM was Thompson, I thought he was immense today. 

Sums it up for me.  

We didn't move the ball quickly enough in the first half.  However, we were quicker and sharper after the break.

Thompson was excellent today.

20 minutes ago, skyblueshaker said:

Absolutely spot on, Jon. I’m not Dagnall’s biggest fan but he played very well today, doesn’t panic on the ball like some of the players. We pummelled the Crewe goal all the second half but just prior to Dagnall going off was when we were the most dangerous.  

Dagnall's lack of "legs" has reduced his potency as a striker but he works hard to bring other players into the game.

As it was non league day today went to Salford City with one of my sons. The match reminded me of how it is to be a Bury fan , a top v bottom clash and Salford more than lucky to get a point only equalising in the dying minutes. ''Its a funny old game''. Bury v Crewe stats on the BBC website showed we dominated with 21 shots v 5 but happy with the point really.9th in the league and it's going to get better IMO

• Like 1

A good point today, the statistics say we were the better team. It keeps us well away from the relegation places.

Next, Notts County and Newport, both unbeaten in their last five games.

1 hour ago, MrBistow said:

Our hard work and hard luck are apitimised by Dagnall. Simply no contstant threat, its more of a suprise if he scores not an expectation. Crosses wasted as he can't get on to end of them. Time for him to let someone else start upfront.

Thought Beckford appeared on the bench a couple of weeks ago, anyone know what happened ? 

I would also love to know what is happening with Beckford.

9 minutes ago, pacific coast shaker said:

I would also love to know what is happening with Beckford.

not a lot.Nearly a year out doesn't look promising

A game we should have won ( yet another!) If we had played at 50% of our second half performance in the first 45 we would have strolled it. Their keeper and 5 kept us at bay . Whilst Telford for Dagnall was the obvious change, the former did little when he came on. Would still give him a start soon. Styles must also start one of these days .Quality on the ball.Need to stop this 4 game run without a win.

18 minutes ago, pacific coast shaker said:

There must be something with beckfords contract regarding his wages linked with appearances. He has been fit to be sub some weeks then disappears for others. At a guess playing him must cost us a small fortune, where as non appearances don’t.

6 minutes ago, Alan B said:

A game we should have won ( yet another!) If we had played at 50% of our second half performance in the first 45 we would have strolled it. Their keeper and 5 kept us at bay . Whilst Telford for Dagnall was the obvious change, the former did little when he came on. Would still give him a start soon. Styles must also start one of these days .Quality on the ball.Need to stop this 4 game run without a win.

4 games undefeated, Alan! 4 games undefeated! 

• Like 1

Totally dominant second half after a bit of a wasteful first half.

Concur with just about everyone today . Faz was fantastic, Maynard showed last week wasn't a one off and both need tying down . styles needs to start , he has so much quality 

Adams whips in great balls but from open play we don't have anyone tall enough to get on the end of them , so he , and the strikers need to be a little cleverer in their play and in finding space 

some of the football 2nd half was an absolute joy , with a bit of luck won have won easily 3 or 4-1 wouldn't have flattered us

We are in the top 3 for virtually every stat , shots, shots on target , corners, both in the attacking and in the defensive sense , which augurs so well for the rest of the season, but we need to convert this into points on the board

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, tottyboy said:

Concur with just about everyone today . Faz was fantastic, Maynard showed last week wasn't a one off and both need tying down . styles needs to start , he has so much quality 

Adams whips in great balls but from open play we don't have anyone tall enough to get on the end of them , so he , and the strikers need to be a little cleverer in their play and in finding space 

some of the football 2nd half was an absolute joy , with a bit of luck won have won easily 3 or 4-1 wouldn't have flattered us

We are in the top 3 for virtually every stat , shots, shots on target , corners, both in the attacking and in the defensive sense , which augurs so well for the rest of the season, but we need to convert this into points on the board

The majority of the stats are impressive. If that carries on then points will keep on coming and we could be in for an exciting season. The players deserve more rewards at the moment and they will come if they keep the undeniable effort up. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tottyboy said:

Good points, We aren't scoring from high crosses, but are from low ones or passes when the ball is kept on the deck.

For me the formation/line up needs tweaking. I would remove a flair player (O`Shea?) And add a midfielder (Styles)

40 minutes ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Good points, We aren't scoring from high crosses, but are from low ones or passes when the ball is kept on the deck.

For me the formation/line up needs tweaking. I would remove a flair player (O`Shea?) And add a midfielder (Styles)

I agree about Styles, although ‘flair ‘ isn’t the word I’d choose for O’Shea, and  Aimson is the weak link at the back for me, culpable for another goal today. Maybe time for Miller.

Edited by scales of justice
  • Like 1