FA Youth Cup 2nd Round

14 posts in this topic

After conceding a very early goal, Bury bounced back to win 3-2. Great strike from Hulme for the second goal.

Hulme ,Adams and Shotton stood out - the latter's distribution out to the flanks was excellent.

• Like 1

I thought it was a performance they individually will not be fully happy with. However they will be happy with the result. 

I think Hulme was our man of the match, personally I was impressed with Brown up front. 

2 hours ago, puddin said:

I thought it was a performance they individually will not be fully happy with. However they will be happy with the result. 

I think Hulme was our man of the match, personally I was impressed with Brown up front. 

I agree, Callum Hulme MoM and probably the best player on the pitch this evening, a real prospect, but he needs to cut out the petulance, he may easily have got himself needlessly sent off.  As for the match, Bury started hesitantly but grew into the game as the first half progressed and by half time IMO were looking the better team, albeit not by much.  However, following the break and the second goal, Bury looked pretty comfortable, playing with energy, confidence and no little skill.  Fleetwood were a decent test, but Bury were that little bit better.

Ryan Kidd needs congratulating AGAIN for the way he has unearthed another crop of talented youngsters and got them playing in his trade mark fashion, full of energy, organised and entertaining.      

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We've been drawn against Stevenage or Exeter away in the Second Round. Tough draw. Exeter beat Plymouth in the last round who knocked out Man City last year.