Fans' Forum, Friday 11th January @ 7.30pm
2 2

191 posts in this topic

The club would also like to place on record our sincere thanks to outgoing Chairman Stewart Day, who had been in charge at the club after taking the reins on 29th May 2013. During his tenure, Stewart had implemented the hugely successful youth system, which has seen a plethora of players make the step into the First Team, and/or move to prestigious clubs in the football pyramid.

On whose behalf was this written, I wonder. Has something come to light yesterday evening that  would now refute this club statement a month ago? All I've read on this thread is that the Chairman is unhappy with the former Chaiman and that there is a dispute over the interest payments in relation to a car park investment. What exactly has Stewart Day done to the club that wasn't known when Mr Dale bought it?

Edited by shakercoola

29 minutes ago, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

There is evidence of pointless bitterness in some of the above posts.

Many people were fooled.  We believed what we wanted to believe, because we were desparate and we wanted stability.

Can I suggest that we leave the past behind us?.  

Here here, too many putting there pennywotth in and not knowing anything really. Would you get people on here who was backing Day be on the message board gloating if he had been successful. Not a chance. 

• Like 1

One thing Matt said several times last night was that there was no magic wand and that he was open to fan involvement, he wanted suggestions, for us the fans to be more involved. So here's the challenge, he is approachable, lets be active, positive and take him to his word. It's our club, it is what we make it, no more apathy.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, shakercoola said:

On whose behalf was this written, I wonder. Has something come to light yesterday evening that  would now refute this club statement a month ago? All I've read on this thread is that the Chairman is unhappy with the former Chaiman and that there is a dispute over the interest payments in relation to a car park investment. What exactly has Stewart Day done to the club that wasn't known when Mr Dale bought it?

They would always have thanked him for his efforts no matter what has come to light since. He didn't nearly cripple us on purpose. 

1 minute ago, russ hamer said:

One thing Matt said several times last night was that there was no magic wand and that he was open to fan involvement, he wanted suggestions, for us the fans to be more involved. So here's the challenge, he is approachable, lets be active, positive and take him to his word. It's our club, it is what we make it, no more apathy.

Many fans, myself included, messaged the previous regime with offers of help, many substantial offers. It was not so much that we weren't accepted it was that we weren't even acknowledged that lead to doubt and distancing. Nev, Catlin and the recent commercial manager (was it Matt) and the other senior guy they brought in who lasted just months acknowledged people, sometimes a thanks, sometimes a thanks but no thanks, but a response was appreciated.

It is often the little things that make the biggest impressions and I think that this regime will do things differently. 

• Like 1
  • Like Copy 1

7 hours ago, kingcreo-sote said:

I'm not a idiot so don't call me one

I am not an idiot either. I did not subject anybody to vilification and and did not stifle debate. So please 'Cheshire Cat'  come out of wonderland and get in the real world. realise that we do still have a club which may not have been the case immediately post Fenton. You might not like what has gone on since Day took over, but to act as thought people have been ganging up on people who did not approve of Day, which is their absolute right to have such an anti Day opinion, as is having a contrary opinion, and to have a go at their characters is rediculous . 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

If only that were the case. Unfortunately, a number of fans who would regard themselves as genuine have been only too keen to act as Day’s useful idiots over the last 5 years. And they have done so of their own volition, including on this board where those expressing reservations about Day and his antics have been subject to vilification. What is more, and whether through embarrassment or arrogance, the default response of these people when faced with the reality of their position has been to attempt to close down discussion. I’m afraid that just won’t wash anymore, and in this vein I’m pleased to see that we now have an owner who inhabits planet earth.

Well said & being one on the receiving hand it's been a very upsetting experience at times. The fans forum was personally hard to take.

Hardly anyone wanted to know the facts, instead I was shot down for trying to enlighten others, show Day for what he was up to etc...I tried my best for the greater good of the club. Unfortunately I got very very little support but for those that did, I thank you.

We now all know more about the facts.

Nev Nev took the route that he thought would bring in more money, but NOT borrowed money. Nev could have chosen a real & viable alternative route but he dismissed it chosing someone he knew nothing about, only what S.Day himself was telling him.

S.Day took Nev for a mug, along with everyone else. Yet he states in his leaving tripe that he will remain a Bury fan & will attend games.

For what's it's worth, I was one of those that approached Nev in offering a considerable amount of money in support to keep the club going & sustainable.

It's my opinion that the crook S.Day is never to be allowed in Bury FC again.

By the way this is the first time i've posted on here for a long time & mostly due to a feeling of being let down & ridiculed by fellow members over this issue.

Edited by RoversRoy
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Like Copy 2

3 hours ago, RoversRoy said:

Well said & being one on the receiving hand it's been a very upsetting experience at times. The fans forum was personally hard to take.

Hardly anyone wanted to know the facts, instead I was shot down for trying to enlighten others, show Day for what he was up to etc...I tried my best for the greater good of the club. Unfortunately I got very very little support but for those that did, I thank you.

We now all know more about the facts.

Nev Nev took the route that he thought would bring in more money, but NOT borrowed money. Nev could have chosen a real & viable alternative route but he dismissed it chosing someone he knew nothing about, only what S.Day himself was telling him.

S.Day took Nev for a mug, along with everyone else. Yet he states in his leaving tripe that he will remain a Bury fan & will attend games.

For what's it's worth, I was one of those that approached Nev in offering a considerable amount of money in support to keep the club going & sustainable.

It's my opinion that the crook S.Day is never to be allowed in Bury FC again.

By the way this is the first time i've posted on here for a long time & mostly due to a feeling of being let down & ridiculed by fellow members over this issue.

Well done for posting Roy, I didn't go to the said forum but the club needs supporter's such as yourself, so keep up the good work, if it doesn't break you it makes you stronger, UTS.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, russ hamer said:

Well done for posting Roy, I didn't go to the said forum but the club needs supporter's such as yourself, so keep up the good work, if it doesn't break you it makes you stronger, UTS.

Thank you Russ.

Those that know me or know of me will know that i'm a life long Bury fan & from a young age.

This said, that particular fans forum, the way it was very wrongly conducted, the ridiculing, the rif raf supporting EVERYTHING DAY spouted, the lack of support etc; was a very dark day in the clubs history. Not just for me & others that turned up wanting to genuinelly enlighten other supporters to Day's doings...but Bury FC. Those that played a part in this wrongful behaviour & not allowing myself & others to voice facts should be ashamed of themselves.

Personally I lost contact with the club from then on, the club that i'd loved year in year out...good & not so good.

Over the many years (as we all have) i've put up with anything on the pitch but as it turns out I couldn't (any longer) support a sham/a crook incharge & running my beloved club down.

Hopefully with him gone, I will slowly revisit my love & get back to watching from my favourite seat. It might take a while but posting on here today is a good start.

Edited by RoversRoy
  • Like 8
  • Like Copy 1

21 minutes ago, RoversRoy said:

Thank you Russ.

Those that know me or know of me will know that i'm a life long Bury fan & from a young age.

This said, that particular fans forum, the way it was very wrongly conducted, the ridiculing, the rif raf supporting EVERYTHING DAY spouted, the lack of support etc; was a very dark day in the clubs history. Not just for me & others that turned up wanting to genuinelly enlighten other supporters to Day's doings...but Bury FC. Those that played a part in this wrongful behaviour & not allowing myself & others to voice facts should be ashamed of themselves.

Personally I lost contact with the club from then on, the club that i'd loved year in year out...good & not so good.

Over the many years (as we all have) i've put up with anything on the pitch but as it turns out I couldn't (any longer) support a sham/a crook incharge & running my beloved club down.

Hopefully with him gone, I will slowly revisit my love & get back to watching from my favourite seat. It might take a while but posting on here today is a good start.

Come on Roy get down to Gigg again-you know it makes sense-lol

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RoversRoy said:

Thank you Russ.

Hopefully games like today’s will go a long way to seeing you back at Gigg and supporting the club again. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RoversRoy said:

Thank you Russ.

I was there that night. Day’s bullshit was beyond belief, but even more so was the reaction of the gullible folk who actually believed the garbage he spouted

I was never taken in by him, and like you i’m delighted that the crook has returned from whence he came. Please don’t let such an odious person damage your love of the club, and hopefully you’ll be back at Gigg soon. 

Edited by scales of justice
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

I was there that night. Day’s bullshit was beyond belief, but even more so was the reaction of the gullible folk who actually believed the garbage he spouted

I was never taken in by him, and like you i’m delighted that the crook has returned from whence he came. Please don’t let such an odious person damage your love of the club, and hopefully you’ll be back at Gigg soon. 

Thank you Scales,

I totally agree with what you say....I just wished I had more people support me & others on the night when all we were trying to do was for the greater good of the club.

As I say, it's this & Day that made me lose contact with the club. It must be said that others also did/have & for the same reasons.

Day divided the club, it's supporters in a way that i'd never experienced before & hope never to experience again.

Way too many people fell for his lies & wrong doings even when there was sufficient evidence out in front of them.

Those that knew the facts & had better judgement of the character were always shot down by his naive followers...now the latter can & should look back & see how wrong they also were.

• Like 2

As I have said before, the chairmen are simply guardians of our club, the club is ours, the fans, we have a responsibility to play our part, we have been invited to do this, it's a good opportunity, let's not stand aside, we can make our club special but only if we really want to.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RoversRoy said:

Thank you Scales,

I totally agree with what you say....I just wished I had more people support me & others on the night when all we were trying to do was for the greater good of the club.

As I say, it's this & Day that made me lose contact with the club. It must be said that others also did/have & for the same reasons.

Day divided the club, it's supporters in a way that i'd never experienced before & hope never to experience again.

Way too many people fell for his lies & wrong doings even when there was sufficient evidence out in front of them.

Those that knew the facts & had better judgement of the character were always shot down by his naive followers...now the latter can & should look back & see how wrong they also were.

As someone who has spent 40 years as a building industry professional I new with mounting frustration that every one of Days proposals and announcements about executive boxes, apparthotels, housing developments, commercial developments, moves to a new stadium etc. were either implausible, impractical, unviable or downright ludicrous. Whilst I did not bravely put my head above the parapet like yourself or the 'keyboard cowards' I did state my views on here several time and was invariably told that either I should be thankful because without Day there would be no club or equally infuriatingly that I should stop moaning and there was nothing anybody other than the chairman could do about things. Well  someone has done something about it and we have thankfully seen the back of Day before he buried the club for good.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, RoversRoy said:

Thank you Scales,

Typical of Day, the whole evening was “stage managed “, so that there would be no criticism allowed from the audience.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, cornhill said:

As someone who has spent 40 years as a building industry professional I new with mounting frustration that every one of Days proposals and announcements about executive boxes, apparthotels, housing developments, commercial developments, moves to a new stadium etc. were either implausible, impractical, unviable or downright ludicrous. Whilst I did not bravely put my head above the parapet like yourself or the 'keyboard cowards' I did state my views on here several time and was invariably told that either I should be thankful because without Day there would be no club or equally infuriatingly that I should stop moaning and there was nothing anybody other than the chairman could do about things. Well  someone has done something about it and we have thankfully seen the back of Day before he buried the club for good.

I asked a property developer friend how he went about funding developments; it was nothing like the Day model, it was just like an ordinary businessman, putting in his own money and borrowing from the mainstream bank for the development costs on a short term basis.

Day as saviour of the club? No. A chancer who may, or may not, have got away with his 5 years in the semi-spotlight. It would not surprise me if there was a fraud investigation in the offing when the "Car parking spaces" scheme falls over.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cornhill said:

Those that said that without Day the club would be no more did not know the facts.

As i've stated before & only to be shouted down, there was another real alternative but Nev decided to go with someone who he thought would bring more money into the club. If Nev knew the club would be put at great risk & more importantly borrowed against, he would not have chosen that route.

Day conned Nev & everyone else. At the time it was my opinion Nev should have chosen the alternative route which would have kept the control of the club with loyal & genuinelly interested supporters.

Edited by RoversRoy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scales of justice said:

Great post Scales. Just wanted to repeat the last sentence to Roy. Please do come back to support your club. I like many people appreciate the efforts you and others made to highlight what a fraudster Day was. He did a number not just on supporters, but the staff as well. I wish you had been there last night to witness some of the verbal two fingered salutes the staff were sending him. You coming back could be your own two fingered salute to him.  🖕 

• Like 2
  • Like Copy 1

27 minutes ago, RoversRoy said:

Those that said that without Day the club would be no more did not know the facts.

As i've stated before & only to be shouted down, there was another real alternative but Nev decided to go with someone who he thought would bring more money into the club. If Nev knew the club would be put at great risk & more importantly borrowed against, he would not have chosen that route.

Day conned Nev & everyone else. At the time it was my opinion Nev should have chosen the alternative route which would have kept the control of the club with loyal & genuinelly interested supporters.

Genuine question here but would you be happy to explain the detail of the nature and scale of the investments you mention as the alternative route. 

Edited by Tubwash
  • Like 2

Hi Rovers Roy. Did we ever speak? I wish I knew who you were. When I was on the FB Board, from my first meeting with Day and Thomas, I was aware that at best they were Walter Mitty characters, at worst, more sinister. As time progressed, the non appearances from Day (apart from one meeting) and continuous lies from Thomas, I virtually pleaded with non members to join us. And those who I felt were constructively passionate with their sceptism of Day, I asked, pleaded, to join the Board to give us bite. The only way we could do anything was by way of an organised supporters group, with numbers. Fan recruitment was great, but the vociferous ones, a couple or so on this message board when I asked them to join the Board of course all had reasons (some utterly bizarre) why they couldn't get involved.  Unfortunately, their self cultivated message board persona nothing like them in real life.

Truth is, FB let us down, and yes that includes me, and the fans who shouted with mouth but no action also let us down. Of course Day and Thomas in particular, but don't forget Kendall and the solicitor lady, both equally duplicitous. And Roy, those who know me, know I had no trust at all of NN. Padlocks? What padlocks?

That said,  surely it's time now for all to Bury The Hatchet and get behind the Club, which let's not forget is bigger than all of us. Onwards and upwards. BTID

• Like 4
  • Like Copy 1

3 hours ago, Mr Sitter said:

Hi Rovers Roy. Did we ever speak? I wish I knew who you were. When I was on the FB Board, from my first meeting with Day and Thomas, I was aware that at best they were Walter Mitty characters, at worst, more sinister. As time progressed, the non appearances from Day (apart from one meeting) and continuous lies from Thomas, I virtually pleaded with non members to join us. And those who I felt were constructively passionate with their sceptism of Day, I asked, pleaded, to join the Board to give us bite. The only way we could do anything was by way of an organised supporters group, with numbers. Fan recruitment was great, but the vociferous ones, a couple or so on this message board when I asked them to join the Board of course all had reasons (some utterly bizarre) why they couldn't get involved.  Unfortunately, their self cultivated message board persona nothing like them in real life.

Truth is, FB let us down, and yes that includes me, and the fans who shouted with mouth but no action also let us down. Of course Day and Thomas in particular, but don't forget Kendall and the solicitor lady, both equally duplicitous. And Roy, those who know me, know I had no trust at all of NN. Padlocks? What padlocks?

That said, surely it's time now for all to Bury The Hatchet and get behind the Club, which let's not forget is bigger than all of us. Onwards and upwards. BTID

Dont forget Glenn Thomas is our Vice Chairman and great friends with our Director, Matt McCarthy. Food for thought for you and all of us, for a variety of reasons...

Oh and my reason for not joining the FB Board when asked, was explained and valid and not bizarre in the slightest, just in case you're making reference to me. If you're not, then fine and we'll leave it at that. If you are, then PM me. 

BTID. 

Edited by R11 BFC

8 hours ago, Tubwash said:

Genuine question here but would you be happy to explain the detail of the nature and scale of the investments you mention as the alternative route. 

As well as other things, that's what I wanted & set out to explain at that Fans Forum. If given the chance, those there could have come away knowing.

Once Day & his supporters knew what I wanted to say & the route I was going down, it was made very clear that I wasn't allowed to speak out, it was very clear that Day etc didn't want a room full of fans to know.

In answer to your financial question, there were sufficient funds offered & available to cover the debts that the club was in at that time. If accepted it would have given the club breathing space & time in order to move forward in the best way possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, RoversRoy said:

As well as other things, that's what I wanted & set out to explain at that Fans Forum. If given the chance, those there could have come away knowing.

Once Day & his supporters knew what I wanted to say & the route I was going down, it was made very clear that I wasn't allowed to speak out, it was very clear that Day etc didn't want a room full of fans to know.

In answer to your financial question, there were sufficient funds offered & available to cover the debts that the club was in at that time. If accepted it would have given the club breathing space & time in order to move forward in the best way possible.

Not quite the answer Tubwash was looking for I think.

• Like 2
  • Like Copy 1