Where are they all?
2 2

50 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, postcorvus said:

That's the beauty of the board. All threads are so multi layered that you need a Master's Degree to unravel all the nuances.

How long has the board been going for? Is there a "hardcore" of people who have been on since it started?

15 minutes ago, ronky said:

I'd assumed from the thread title it was aimed at our visitors from Spotland given their last 3 results and fire sale!

It's a bit lively over there currently. Hill has been saying some daft things, chairman leaving, players going....hope we are both in the same division next season. Miss the games against them. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, St1 said:

How long has the board been going for? Is there a "hardcore" of people who have been on since it started?

When I started you had to send your replies in by fax.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, postcorvus said:

When I started you had to send your replies in by fax.

Fax?

You were lucky

I started with a Pidgeon :~)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, St1 said:

Fair enough - but I was asking questions but apologies if it annoyed you. I enjoyed our debate 👍 The people above are making statements and actually personally insulting Alan B. I think it's sad that we as Bury fans engage in such behaviour which is akin to school yard bullying.

especially after a great away win and one which the tactics were spot on 👍

Alan B is big enough to defend his self and comes back with some good digs over the years

• Like 3

1 hour ago, St1 said:

Carlaton's board was around years before this

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Keithh said:

Alan B is big enough to defend his self and comes back with some good digs over the years

Don't doubt it. Was more the content, implication and hypocrisy of the thread that caught my attention. 

2 hours ago, St1 said:

Think "hardcore" might be an appropriate word for some of our fellow contributors!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, another_terry said:

Oh my memory!!!!  Wasn`t there a board run by a certain serving member of Her Majesty`s Royal Navy?

That’ll be Gordon. He ran the official board I think up until the club decided to pull the plug and we all responded by saying really bad swear words until it was temporarily killed off. Because we could. 😂

3 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

That’ll be Gordon. He ran the official board I think up until the club decided to pull the plug and we all responded by saying really bad swear words until it was temporarily killed off. Because we could. 😂

But didn`t he run an unofficial board before Terry Robinson took him onboard ("onboard"? - Royal Navy? - Sorry!) to run an official one.

20 hours ago, shakercoola said:

Where are they all?

That's what the Bolton Wanderers management were thinking this afternoon. Their lowest attendance since the War. 5,000.

A disgraceful attendance that - FA Cup an important part of Bolton’s history, nothing other than a grim struggle against relegation/involvency this season and yet loads of Wanderers stay away. No doubt they’d trot (pun intended) back shamelessly if drawing United at home next round

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, smancshakerisback said:

A disgraceful attendance that - FA Cup an important part of Bolton’s history, nothing other than a grim struggle against relegation/involvency this season and yet loads of Wanderers stay away. No doubt they’d trot (pun intended) back shamelessly if drawing United at home next round

For some fair weather supporters, they won't know which end to sit in if it's at Old Trafford.

52 minutes ago, smancshakerisback said:

Yep, that's their natural level before Eddie rocked up with his squillians, then all aboard the glory hunters. Now the mask has slipped they don't like what they see.

Mind you, they had some great memories of Burnden - like this one of their hero, legend John Mcginley scoring a hat trick ( trust me this baby is worth a watch ) Altogether now, oh wanky wanky 😎

Also, you will notice our best players ended up playing for them which propelled them up the league, may explain the hatred of us towards them..

Also, wouldn't it be lovely to repay the favour now it's them on their arse. Ortzumer and a wheater for a poultry fee would be a great start.😁

Edited by MrBistow
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, MrBistow said:

Also, wouldn't it be lovely to repay the favour now it's them on their arse. Ortzumer and a wheater for a poultry fee would be a great start.😁

Would the fee be described as chicken-feed?😂

Edited by StockportShakerPete
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, StockportShakerPete said:

Would the fee be described as chicken-feed?😂

That joke was fowl ( or is it foul ) 😁

7 hours ago, St1 said:

Fair enough - but I was asking questions but apologies if it annoyed you. I enjoyed our debate 👍 The people above are making statements and actually personally insulting Alan B. I think it's sad that we as Bury fans engage in such behaviour which is akin to school yard bullying.

especially after a great away win and one which the tactics were spot on 👍

I think you’ll find that Alan B is the king of insults when it comes to the club, the players and the management and has been unrivalled to my knowledge since the late nineties. He manages to insult someone on almost every post so  Its not surprising he gets some of it back really